Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sharma90)
    What do you think it will be to get an A on this paper?
    64 since it has always been around 60-65 for an A in c3, although in jan 2010 59 was for an A but a lot of people found that paper was harder then this one..so yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellie.l)
    What do you think the GRADE BOUNDRIES will be??
    . 2char

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh I'm such an idiot, messed up the first 2 easy questions and got everything else right

ReputationRep:
    wish I hadn't looked at the mark scheme... Done well worse than I thought

(Original post by Anon1993)
    for the why is it not an inverse function, is it okay to say that for every value of y, there is more than one value of x?
    hard to say as there has never been a question like this before; technically what you have said is correct but I think you would need to be clear that you are referring to f(x) and not its inverse.

I think you'll get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    Gah I didn't realise there was a second answer for 7d!

(Original post by Moa)
    7d was a *****, I hated it
    So did I :cry:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    :nah:
    I thought I did but like in january I've made stupid, stupid, stupid mistakes.
    FML.
    :cry2:
    :ditto: I am petrified of C4 now. These next few day's are gonna be a killer. I need to get chem ti an A by thurs as well and I'm working tomorrow afternoon :mad2:

ReputationRep:
    from looking at the papers posted here i think i have done ok, i missed the ridiculus 2 on the first question made a stupid mistake falfway through the quotient rule question and didnt know the inverse thing so im guessing about 68ish?!?! hopefully that will be high enough to give me a chance at an a*

ReputationRep:
    I really hope it's around 65 for an A *fingers crossed*

I thought the 2 would cause problems in Q1

Also the 4pi in question 7 is going to cause major problems, because if you press (divide) (four) (pi) on your calc what it will do is to divide by 4 and then multiple by pi. Very annoying it is too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    So did I :cry:

:ditto: I am petrified of C4 now. These next few day's are gonna be a killer. I need to get chem ti an A by thurs as well and I'm working tomorrow afternoon :mad2:
    What did your friends think about the test? What do you reckon, was it much easier than January?

(Original post by kateibbo)
    I really hope it's around 65 for an A *fingers crossed*
    do you mean 55?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasukekun)
    The answer given for question 8b in that mark scheme is wrong (I think, can anyone confirm)

It says;

2x - 1 = ex - 3e

Then goes to

2x - ex = 3e + 1

But shouldn't it be;

2x - ex = 1 - 3e
    Yess.. thank you..
    I was wondering about this..

EDIT: Actually, I got the same answer in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I thought the 2 would cause problems in Q1

Also the 4pi in question 7 is going to cause major problems, because if you press (divide) (four) (pi) on your calc what it will do is to divide by 4 and then multiple by pi. Very annoying it is too.
    Ugh - exactly what I did.
    Thought I would trust my calculator to simply the whole thing for me...

I thought it was easier than Jan but I thought the boundary for Jan would be below 55 and it was 59. I can not see it being too far below 60 for an A.

(Original post by neomilan)
    Edited into that post.
    (Original post by Gemini5292)
    7d :cry: im crying thinking about it .....
    I want to cry now, but what's done is done. There's nothing any of us can do now :no: :hugs:
    (Original post by Moa)
    What did your friends think about the test? What do you reckon, was it much easier than January?
    I didn't do it in Jan but from when I did the Jan paper last night it was much nicer. I can't believe I got as much right as I did tbh.

What did you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    do you mean 55?
    I meant 65, but compared to last time, I thought it was a lot easier so I'm worried they will raise the boundaries
    Or is it meant to be around 55 for an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    hard to say as there has never been a question like this before; technically what you have said is correct but I think you would need to be clear that you are referring to f(x) and not its inverse.

I think you'll get the marks.
    Fingers crossed that the papers are marked by nice, normal people !
    Other than that, if i remember my answers right and if the grade boundaries aren't horrible, i'm hoping i'm okay!

Just C4 now which is another ball game completely :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Edited into that post.

I want to cry now, but what's done is done. There's nothing any of us can do now :no: :hugs:

I didn't do it in Jan but from when I did the Jan paper last night it was much nicer. I can't believe I got as much right as I did tbh.

What did you think?
    I'm afraid it was much much easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Narik)
    Why didn't that function have na inverse? drove me crazy...
    the inverse function would have required a square root which is a many to one function as in one input can have several outputs, which isnt considered a function.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2010

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.