Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lost 9 marks on the question 7 (basically just ran out of time because I was so stressed).

Not gonna get the A in maths which I need for my firm.

ReputationRep:
    for the question on findding f(x) i multiplied the bracket out, is that okai, so instead of me getting (x+3)^2 -4 or whatever it was, i multipled it out.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone found this easy? I found it ok except question 7 (which according to you guys I somehow managed to get right) but I found it to be harder than past papers... Grade boundaries better be low.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think a 68 raw mark would get me 90+ ums?

ReputationRep:
    Hey Arsey, for q1b) Why does tanx = 1/2? It looks like to me you've just halved it out of nowhere from the step before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speckle)
    Everyone found this easy? I found it ok except question 7 (which according to you guys I somehow managed to get right) but I found it to be harder than past papers... Grade boundaries better be low.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Hey Arsey, for q1b) Why does tanx = 1/2? It looks like to me you've just halved it out of nowhere from the step before.
    see question again there is 2 in front of b, I too made the same mistake.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus92)
    see question again there is 2 in front of b, I too made the same mistake.:mad:
    Dam... that's another 3 marks lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    it is rarely much below 75 on C3. It has been 75/75 for 100UMS on 4 of the last 5 papers - my guess would be 74
    Hello Arsey,
    In question 4b i disagree.
    If you sketch both graphs they meet onle once at x=-10/3.
    The other solution should be rejected.

they are on here - post 369.

that thread is still locked

For giving g>=3 only how much do I score Arsey?
    I would say 2/3

ReputationRep:
    ARGHH made some very silly mistakes, looking at about 65- 68 , will that be better than the 90 ums i have from january?

will 71/75 raw marks guareente me a 90+?
    yes, unless the A boundary is above 67 which is incredibly unlikely

(Original post by NorthPark)
    FOr numer 7 they asked for a time so didn't you have to add the time onto 12:00 ?
    not necessary.

two values of t have been found correctly to the nearest min, it already says t is the time after 12

ReputationRep:
    arsey what would you say the 90 ums mark will be about?

(Original post by fredbraty)
    Hello Arsey,
    no they don't - they meet twice

don't forget the modulus graph is mod 5 - 2x so its gradient is twice that of 15 + x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    For question 7, I made a calculator error right at the start of the paper, and got alpha as 0.9316 or something like that. I then did most the rest of the question correct, with a few small errors, how many marks will I lose for the whole question? Also for question 1, I put tan theta = 1, then solved, how many marks will I probably lose?

The rest I got right.

read the qu again carefully the equation in part b has an extra 2 in the numerator.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    no they don't - they meet twice

don't forget the modulus graph is mod 5 - 2x so its gradient is twice that of 15 + x
    Yess i thought of that but I did it on my graphic calculator and it showed only one intersection point.
    OH!I know why it showed that.The other one was "away" and the zoom setting should be adjusted so that the calculator could locate it.
    Ah who cares...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredbraty)
    Hello Arsey,
    :no:
    http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...chronous=false

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.