Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by OceanFlanker)
    For question 7 I only got 1 time answer how many marks will I lose?
    I'd need to check previous MS but I would say 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timiaz)
    Grr my calculator giving decieving me on question 7!!!. I typed 4Pi into the calculator and i forgot to put brackets around it .!!!

So i think i got all right apart from that question.. hopefully grade boundaries are nice
    i did the same mate .. i feel for you...on top of doing this c3 exam i also had the FLU i walked in with a high temperature and a chesty cough .... -.-.....

(Original post by the_somalian)
    for the three mark range question i got 0=<y<=6
    the answer was -3=<y=<6

how much marks did i lose? :s
    2 marks lost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    Here are my solutions.

On the face of it quite a tricky one I thought.
    On the last part of question 7 you had to right the times so it would be like 2:06 pm, and things like that! wouldn't it?

I really don't know about the boundaries. I didn't think it was an easy paper but everyone seems to have found it easy.

I would have to guess (and it is a guess)

63/75 = 80 UMS
    69/75 = 90 UMS
    75/75 = 100 UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I really don't know about the boundaries. I didn't think it was an easy paper but everyone seems to have found it easy.

I would have to guess (and it is a guess)

63/75 = 80 UMS
    69/75 = 90 UMS
    75/75 = 100 UMS
    On question 6(b) how many marks would i lose if i got all the co-ordinates correct but the shape of the curve is incorrect?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katylnewman)
    On the last part of question 7 you had to right the times so it would be like 2:06 pm, and things like that! wouldn't it?
    i got these

ReputationRep:
    For question 7d) I put 125 instead of 126 minutes...must've rounded up earlier on. Would I still get the marks for this?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you every one who put up solutions

Not bad in the end I don't think, however a couple of stupid mistakes that I was wondering how much it'd cost?

for 5c I didn't put exact y coordinates, left them as decimals! Doh, dya think I'd lose 1/2 out of the 5?

And the same with 7d - left the stupid answer in stupid hours so again what's that cost me?

Anyone who knows anything would be great

ReputationRep:
    Arghh! Absolute nightmare, all my past papers were going fine, getting pretty high marks, but then this just went horribly wrong
    Could anyone shed some light on some mistakes/marks?
    Q1.B) What seems to be the frequent not-realizing-of-the-2 error, but still got 2 solutions and worked out correctly...
    Q2. I'm not quite sure what possessed me to do this, but once having differentiated, and substituting in x=2 to get my gradient to be 18, i then crossed it out and solved dy/dx=0, giving me 5/3, so the gradient of my normal was -3/5. How many out of 7 would i get, as i used the correct method for everything else and gave my answer in the correct form...?
    Q3.B) Only put one solution of x=20, missed the other one..
    D) put my range as g(x)>orequalto -3, didnt realize top value..
    Q7.B) got correct max. value but put theta as pi/2 + 0.6435, not quite sure why...
    C) same again, got correct max value but pretty sure i got the time wrong..
    D) I got up to the 0.4115... and 2.73... stage, ended up with two answers but think they're wrong, how much would i be knocked down for this?
    Aaaand finally, Q8. B) in a hurry to finish after the disaster that was Q7, i stupidly ended up with e^(2x-1/x-3) as opposed to e^1, how many gone there you reckon?

If anyone could help put my mind at rest that would be amazing. Im only in L6th and think all my other modules have gone alright so far, i just really messed this one up january resits i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NorthPark)
    FOr numer 7 they asked for a time so didn't you have to add the time onto 12:00 ?
    That's what I did, they did say the 'time' and that t was the number of hours after midday. There was a similar question in the textbook I used for Edexcel and you had to do the same there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    The mark scheme has nothing to do with how people have done, it is written well in advance. The 2 was quite deliberate. There is no chance you will get 2 marks for 45 and -135. There was also a massive clue when it said give answers to 1dp.
    yo for the 'why does this function not have an inverse' question, i wrote: because it is a many-to-one function

it was a random guess, but your answer was 'it is not a one-to-one function'.

so i'm beginning to think i made a decent guess. can you confirm whether or not the graph was a many-to-one function or not?

ReputationRep:
    Oh also I got the stupid range one wrong - didn't use any working and just got between -1 and 6 (forgot it was max and min y values and not just ones at the end of the range....)
    I get a mark/3 right?!

(Original post by katylnewman)
    that is fine, it is unnecessary

ReputationRep:
    I got most of the paper right apart from Question 5, where you had to work out coords. I got the differentiation right but didn't spot that e^x isn't = 0, so I ended up with the xe^x=7/2 and the other solution rather than just x=7/2 etc. How much would I have lost for this?

Also on Question 7 I got down to the right numbers but didn't put brackets around the 4pi. Which is annoying! How many marks would this lose?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping i can scrape an A on this i've got +63 marks so fingers crosseddd the boundry is 63 !
    BRING ON C444

ReputationRep:
    Quick question, for 7d, I got all the times right but I had another t value, which was negative and didnt even work on the Cast diagram Will the examiners ignore that one or will I lose 1 mark? Can't believe I did that, even the question said t is not below 0 ARGH!

ReputationRep:
    On the question with the y coordinate of 1/e, I just put the coordinate as -e^-1 - I know it's the same thing, so I hope I don't lose a mark for it?

ReputationRep:
    Think I got 60/75..dam..this better be an A!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darrold)
    Quick question, for 7d, I got all the times right but I had another t value, which was negative and didnt even work on the Cast diagram Will the examiners ignore that one or will I lose 1 mark? Can't believe I did that, even the question said t is not below 0 ARGH!
    It's unlikely you'll lose a mark. I've been told that examiners will only count the right answers unless the mark scheme specifically tells them to strike marks for wrong ones. You should be fine

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2010

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.