Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if someone could help would be much appreciated. I think i got at a minimum 52 out of 75, and maximum of about 57ish.

Does anyone know what this is likley to be, Cos i think my stats will be able to drag this, if its around 70%, up to an average of an A. cheers for any help

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the grade boundary will be low :unsure:

Physics and C4 on the same day will be nightmare :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know what the grade boundaries have been over the past few years?

And what people reckon it will be this year as lots of people appear to have made silly mistakes?!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys .
    The last question, it asked to express x in terms of e... I did not use the simplified fraction, but multiplied one of the quadratic expressions by e and hence solved quadratic equation. It went to a really nice outcome, similar to the mark scheme one, but I had two different expressions for x.. and I wonder... will I lose anything for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    I'd need to check previous MS but I would say 2
    Hey arsey, I lost 2 marks like this due to only putting one time.

I also found e in terms of x as opposed to x in terms of e , meaning i didnt rearrange the e = what ever it was. how many marks will i lose here?

Also, for the equation of the normal, I did it all correctly but stupidly took away 54 as opposed to adding, how many marks will i lose here?

I also got the range wrong so thats another 2 marks gone.

And i did tan theta = 1, so im guessing thats 3 marks lost...

These are my only mistakes how many marks overall would you say I've lost considering the questions and mistakes i made? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan9)
    yh i have 90 from january, you have an offer from imperial too dont you?
    :sadnod:
    Wonder how lenient they'll be with this whole A* business :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to post this again, but I guess it got missed first time round.

For 5d I differentiated correctly, separated the e term and removed it from the equation and got the correct x values for but forgot to put those x values back in the formula to get the y values.

How many marks will I get for that bit d'you reckon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    June 2005 61 53
    January 2006 61 53
    June 2006 56 49
    January 2007 58 50
    June 2007 59 52
    January 2008 64 56
    June 2008 64 57
    January 2009 60 52
    June 2009 67 59
    January 2010 59 52

I don't think it will be too far away from 60 for an A
    Have you got E boundaries? I need them for UMS-RAW calculator

(Original post by the_somalian)
    yo for the 'why does this function not have an inverse' question, i wrote: because it is a many-to-one function

it was a random guess, but your answer was 'it is not a one-to-one function'.

so i'm beginning to think i made a decent guess. can you confirm whether or not the graph was a many-to-one function or not?
    should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andamiriel)
    can anyone post

past 90ums raw mark boundaries?
    know this isnt exactly correct, but past 90 UMS have been the 80 UMS raw mark boundary, divided by 80, times by 90. This is not the exact formula, however, for the past 3 or 4 years if u do this to the 80 UMS boundary that will be the 90 UMS boundary. so say this year the ums boundary is 60 for an A, than the 90 UMS should be somewhere around 60/80 times 90 which is 68 or so.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, if someone could help would be much appreciated. I think i got at a minimum 52 out of 75, and maximum of about 57ish.

Does anyone know what this is likley to be, Cos i think my stats will be able to drag this, if its around 70%, up to an average of an A. cheers for any help

(Original post by Andamiriel)
    can anyone post

past 90ums raw mark boundaries?
    no one will know this until the results are released.

ReputationRep:
    This was a tough paper.

There were many pitfalls to fall into....

I myself fell into one, forgot to add the alpha in the last part of the 7(d) question.

Oh well that's 2-3 marks gone. (1 method 2 accuracy I'm thinking....)

I noticed the 2 in part 1)b) and thought, damn I am glad I saw that.

A pretty nasty paper imo..

For the translation of the x^2 graph, I took the long route and did it algebraicly.

Saying (a + x)^2 + b

and coming up with a handful of simultaneous equations.

I also think people won't have gotten the inverse function question, or the question about the range of g(x).

Back to C4 work!

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm this may sound really hopeful and desperate haha, but I'm hoping the world cup will drag down average results, hey, its good to be optimistic right??

(Original post by Moa)
    Have you got E boundaries? I need them for UMS-RAW calculator
    June 2005 61 53 46 39 32
    January 2006 61 53 46 39 32
    June 2006 56 49 43 37 31
    January 2007 58 50 42 34 27
    June 2007 59 52 45 39 33
    January 2008 64 56 49 42 35
    June 2008 64 57 50 43 37
    January 2009 60 52 44 36 29
    June 2009 67 59 52 45 38
    January 2010 59 52 45 39 33

(Original post by cenan)
    know this isnt exactly correct, but past 90 UMS have been the 80 UMS raw mark boundary, divided by 80, times by 90. This is not the exact formula, however, for the past 3 or 4 years if u do this to the 80 UMS boundary that will be the 90 UMS boundary. so say this year the ums boundary is 60 for an A, than the 90 UMS should be somewhere around 60/80 times 90 which is 68 or so.
    they are not calculated in this manner.

(Original post by prophet11)
    Sorry to post this again, but I guess it got missed first time round.

For 5d I differentiated correctly, separated the e term and removed it from the equation and got the correct x values for but forgot to put those x values back in the formula to get the y values.

How many marks will I get for that bit d'you reckon?
    you will lose 2 marks

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was a pretty easy C3 paper, most of my friends said the same. How many marks would you have lost if you didn't change it to minutes?

(Original post by sss10)
    Hey Arsey (nice name btw lol)
    On the very last question I misread it as "express e in terms of x..."
    So my first 3-4 steps were correct, but I left my answer in the form " e= [fraction]" rather than "x = e.."
    How many marks would I lose for failing to rearrange this? It was out of 4 marks.
    I would say you will lose a method and accuracy mark.

ReputationRep:
    Right I'm fairly certain i've got full marks up until the last question (I couldn't remember my exact answers for 7d, but remember subbing them back in and getting very close to the required height) How many marks could I lose in the last question for; part (a) dividing the fractions and expressing as 2 + 5/(x-3) which is equivalent to the answer in the unofficial markscheme. I obviously then used this in part (b), will I lose any marks there? I used correct method and got a value for x in terms of e, albeit in a slightly different equivalent form as in the markscheme. Need 89 UMS or above in this to guarantee A*, unless I improve on my C4 mark.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.