Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(Original post by Andamiriel)
    i said past lol
    Here are all of the boundaries for C3

Session 100 90 80 (A) 70 (B) 60 (C) 50 (D) 40 (E)
    Jun-05 75 68 61 53 46 39 32
    Jan-06 75 68 61 53 46 39 32
    Jun-06 70 63 56 49 43 37 31
    Jan-07 74 66 58 50 42 34 27
    Jun-07 73 66 59 52 45 39 33
    Jan-08 75 70 64 56 49 42 35
    Jun-08 75 70 64 57 50 43 37
    Jan-09 75 68 60 52 44 36 29
    Jun-09 75 71 67 59 52 45 38
    Jan-10 73 66 59 52 45 39 33

ReputationRep:
    Mark scheme looks good to me. I cocked up at the beginning of question 7, and got \alpha = 0.9273 because I did tan^{-1} (\dfrac{2}{1.5}) instead of tan^{-1} (\dfrac{1.5}{2}), goddamn read it wrong, then only checked the last parts of the question (as those were the difficult ones).

I think in the mark scheme it will say "(and their alpha)", but will I lose accuracy marks throughout the whole of Q7 now, or only that first part? If they penalise me on every part for screwing up the first one I'm going to be mighty pissed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeyTheSnake)
    Mark scheme looks good to me. I cocked up at the beginning of question 7, and got \alpha = 0.9273 because I did tan^{-1} (\dfrac{2}{1.5}) instead of tan^{-1} (\dfrac{1.5}{2}), goddamn read it wrong, then only checked the last parts of the question (as those were the difficult ones).

I think in the mark scheme it will say "(and their alpha)", but will I lose accuracy marks throughout the whole of Q7 now, or only that first part? If they penalise me on every part for screwing up the first one I'm going to be mighty pissed.
    You'll only lose out on the first one, you'll lose two marks for it and your alpha will be applied throughout the rest of the question. So, you'll end up with all the marks minus two if you've done everything else right with your alpha.

(Original post by timsquirrell)
    You'll only lose out on the first one, you'll lose two marks for it and your alpha will be applied throughout the rest of the question. So, you'll end up with all the marks minus two if you've done everything else right with your alpha.
    Thank **** for that

ReputationRep:
    can someone please upload that mark scheme in word format please cos i cant open it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thank **** for that
    The other thing you might want to know, for reference, is that the maximum amount of marks you can lose for a misread, where you misread the question and carry your mistake through the entire question, doing everything else right, is 2. I read that in a mark scheme ages ago, and I think it still applies. It's pretty cool.

(Original post by timsquirrell)
    The other thing you might want to know, for reference, is that the maximum amount of marks you can lose for a misread, where you misread the question and carry your mistake through the entire question, doing everything else right, is 2. I read that in a mark scheme ages ago, and I think it still applies. It's pretty cool.
    I hope so. They are good like that I guess. So long as I have got 61 in this, M1 and (fingers crossed) on C4 on fri I should have got what I need.

Its never easy to work out how to mark these things tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Thank **** for that
    Amen to that, did you do the same as me then?

ReputationRep:
    ok range of g i only got -3<g(x)

7 i only got 1 time 2:06 pm

didnt do co ordinates in turms of e

how many marks will i lose?

ReputationRep:
    How many marks will I have lost (if thats the case) for using algebraic division in 8a instead of factorising and cancelling. My answer is equivalent, but not in the exact same form as the answer given in the unofficial markscheme. Also, this meant my answer for part b, although correct, is in a different from than what you would get if using an answer from part a that was obtained using factorisation and cancellation.

Amen to that, did you do the same as me then?
    I did. Pissed me off coz I revised that just before the exam aswell Got it mixed up with Cos :erm:

Praying for method marks now though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    I did. Pissed me off coz I revised that just before the exam aswell Got it mixed up with Cos :erm:

Praying for method marks now though.
    Glad I'm not alone then, I was convinced I'd got everything right, then somebody told me their alpha value :rolleyes: Possibly the easiest style of question on the exam, equating coefficients, and I screwed up. I am so pissed :mad:

(Original post by Deno_7951)
    If your answer is exact and equivalent, you won't lose marks. Only the easiest way will be shown on the unofficial mark scheme, there'll be a few alternates on the official.

Glad I'm not alone then, I was convinced I'd got everything right, then somebody told me their alpha value :rolleyes: Possibly the easiest style of question on the exam, equating coefficients, and I screwed up. I am so pissed :mad:
    It's probably happened to everyone. Problem was that both \frac{a}{b} and \frac{b}{a} were both within the range. I even worked out \frac{a}{b} as well to see what it was :nothing:

Oh well damage is done now. Praying my methods can get me extra marks. Got about 40 for correct answers plus any method marks so I'm happy

ReputationRep:
    Haha... I just realised I didn't complete the square.. I considered it then thought "Hey what am I doing this for? I can just put in the boundaries" and did that...
    I can't remember if that gave the same results. I hope it did else I'm not getting any marks for it just because I was basically lazy...

ReputationRep:
    yay i only got one question wrong and it was worth one mark! gonna fail chemistry tommorow tho

ReputationRep:
    Argh I wasn't pleased with this paper at all. It was really easy, i felt. Yet i made quite a few mistakes.

I missed the second solution for t in 7d.
    Got the explanation for no inverse wrong.
    Got the range q wrong (only did y>=-3 no Y<=6)
    And completely blankly or no reason completely screwed up the |2x-5|=x+15 (probably the easiest question on the whole damn paper. :mad:

Ah well. I reckon i got about 69/75. That should be enough for 80 UMS right? I kinda need an A for uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redfanatic)
    ive lost between 9-11 marks. If its 60 for an A, ive got about 85 then! annoyed with silly mistakes. also are we sure the last question, that the only way to do the question is the method in the mark scheme? i did it differently, taking e to both sides hence cancelling the ln's out and then just using algebra to get x in terms of e!
    Ditto! I also lost 9-11 marks, and worked out the last Q that way! Im hoping we still get 2/4, as method still makes sense...i think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moa)
    Well How did everyone find it?

I attach a paper together with full answers, It took some effort to get them all written down neatly and 100% correct, so thanks would be nice

Here are the scans, they are high quality so sorry about 20MB filesize

http://rapidshare.com/files/39939545..._2010.rar.html

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lowzo0

As for me:
    I think I lost some marks on the range question, it was supposed to be g(x)>= 3 and g(x)<=6

Also, for the question with time, I have put too many answers - completely forgot about the range limits

Same thing with the supid "why there is no inverse" question, I forgot about many-one rule

But rest was okay, I think I lost at most 4-5 marks, hope that boundaries will be low, I was repeating 88UMS from last June.
    Thank you, you're a star
    According to this I lost about 4-5 marks max as well in the same places as you, but I'm gonna say 10 just to avoid disappointment :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoe123)
    Argh I wasn't pleased with this paper at all. It was really easy, i felt. Yet i made quite a few mistakes.

I missed the second solution for t in 7d.
    Got the explanation for no inverse wrong.
    Got the range q wrong (only did y>=-3 no Y<=6)
    And completely blankly or no reason completely screwed up the |2x-5|=x+15 (probably the easiest question on the whole damn paper. :mad:

Ah well. I reckon i got about 69/75. That should be enough for 80 UMS right? I kinda need an A for uni.
    @ tomcoe123

Would 69/75 not be 90 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    i got question 2 wrong! :O i'm such a muppet! 7 marks that question was worth too! all because i was doing the quotient rule and then completely forgot to divide by v^2! how many marks will i lose

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.