Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almostthere1991)
    Moa,

I cant open those files, it says something about the max amount of times that it an be downloaded has met its limit. Can you maybe repost it, or even pm me it so i can have a look at it?

Thanks

C3 Paper + Answers - 2MB

There you go:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/lbcp3w

ReputationRep:
    I think I got everything right...

Thing is, I can't remember getting t as 4.41 in 7c) but nor do I remember putting down a different value. However, I'm pretty sure I did that question as I remember H=8.5 and when I was checking, I remember putting certain values in and getting 8.4999999...suppose I only got H=8.5 on that question I will still get a mark right?

Weird, does this happen to you guys?

(Original post by Moa)
    Edexcel Examiner I talked to thinks I will lose 2 marks. One for lack of method showing for the upper limit, and one for lack of upper limit in the answer
    nah, it will be 2/3

there was an almost identical question in a past paper

The functions f and g are defined by
    f: x x^2 – 2x + 3, x Î , 0 < x < 4, find range

it was marked as

M1 - completing the square to find minimum point
    A1 - y > 2
    B1 - y < 11

(Original post by Moa)
    C3 Paper + Answers - 2MB

There you go:
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/lbcp3w
    the last part of the last question is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    For those worrying about question 7 d who put the tide times added onto 12, i think it will be fine as the question actually asks :

Calculate ,to the nearest minute, the times when the height of sea water is predicted, by this model, to be 7 metres.

ReputationRep:
    I used this to view the mark scheme as I couldn't download the files either- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1276643076

ReputationRep:
    3/4 marks lost in that one I think, hopefully C4 will be just as easy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    the last part of the last question is wrong.
    hey by any chance did u work out last question with the remainder theorem?

ReputationRep:
    Bleh think i did crap now i look at the mark schemes. Hopefully i got a few marks over 70 ums, every ums helps towards getting a B overall i guess =/

(Original post by mazchaz)
    For those worrying about question 7 d who put the tide times added onto 12, i think it will be fine as the question actually asks :

Calculate ,to the nearest minute, the times when the height of sea water is predicted, by this model, to be 7 metres.
    absolutely it will be fine, either answer will be acceptable.

(Original post by PinkGothicLady)
    I used this to view the mark scheme as I couldn't download the files either- http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...1&d=1276643076
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=369

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxalana)
    Nope there is actually a minus sign missing in my answer, sorry about that :o:

(Original post by Roxalana)
    no I forgot, I can not remember what you said you did

If you split the fraction up it is equal to

1 + (x^2 + 7x - 10)/(x^2 + 2x - 15)

then what did you do?

(Original post by Brocolli_Boy)
    Im suprised everyones saying they thought it was easier than normal, I thought it was harder than most I'd say 61-62 is likely for an A I would have said 59-60 but seens as people are saying it was easy I think lower for an A* 68 and for 100 73-74 I reckon, I didnt get two values of t either to everyone whos worryin and transformation I just said 3 to the right and 4 down
    if it is over 60 for an A it is very! unlikely that anything less than 75 will be 100UMS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsey)
    no I forgot, I can not remember what you said you did

If you split the fraction up it is equal to

1 + (x^2 + 7x - 10)/(x^2 + 2x - 15)

then what did you do?
    nope, i used remainder theorem, i divided the fraction obtained a remainder, did the answer of divison plus the remainder over the divisor

so bassically if you make my answer with a common denominator i get what u got.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I'm definite on 59 with no method marks. 69 with, as the questions I got wrong I did slightly wrong.
    For example, question two, when differentiating I used the quotient rule, but put (5-3x)^2 instead of ^-2. Hopefully only two marks lost as everything else was correct from there onwards.

Question 4, got the range wrong.

Question 5, got the correct e values for the y coordinate, however forgot to put them to the correct power, two marks lost there I feel.

Question 6 I did the translation the opposite way around :P

Question 7 I did everything right, just forgot to add the time to the original, but still have it stated in minutes. So you never know.

Hopefully A, will be absolutely thrilled if I get the 90 though.

ReputationRep:
    I hope c4 will be horrendously hard. I hope Edexcel will have enough backbone to add some STEP/AEA level questions in there to compensate for the lack, sorry i meant the non existence of hard questions in c3 while keeping the grade boundaries high. We can't have everyone running around with A*s.

(Original post by tomcoe123)
    Argh I wasn't pleased with this paper at all. It was really easy, i felt. Yet i made quite a few mistakes.

I missed the second solution for t in 7d.
    Got the explanation for no inverse wrong.
    Got the range q wrong (only did y>=-3 no Y<=6)
    And completely blankly or no reason completely screwed up the |2x-5|=x+15 (probably the easiest question on the whole damn paper. :mad:

Ah well. I reckon i got about 69/75. That should be enough for 80 UMS right? I kinda need an A for uni.
    it is far more likely 69 will be around the 90UMS mark.

(Original post by chocolaterasins)
    can someone please upload that mark scheme in word format please cos i cant open it
    it is on post 369 - if you can not open it you need to update adobe reader to version 9.

(Original post by redfanatic)
    also, does everyone agree that the mark scheme is completely correct?
    The mark scheme on post 369 is correct. The other mark scheme has an error in the last question.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.