The Student Room Group

Anyone completely in love with a girl but know you are never going to get her?

Hey guys. Is anyone else seriously in love with someone but know you are never going to get him or her? I really really love this girl but I blew my chance with her and know I'm not going to get her. It really hurts as I believe she liked me but I was just too shy when I had the best chance to pull her. I saw her the other day with a boyfriend and it killed me.

Before anyone says anything, it is love with this girl, not a big crush. Anyone else feel the same?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I haven't, but my friend has. 3 long years of him telling me about how much he loves her and how many arguments they have when they're drunk and how it feels like they're an old married couple so he must have a chance right?

I really feel for him, but I'm not that gentle in telling him to bloody well move on these days. :rolleyes:
Reply 2
You wont get her with that attitude!
sdhfhsdjl
To be honest, if you did ever get her the relationship would probably fail pretty quickly because if you "love" someone that much you tend to put them on a pedestal and that's never good because when you start spending more time with her you'll end up either being walked over or you'll start realising all her human faults and end up really disappointed.
Im completely in love with Brandon Flowers, it hurts so much because we had a chance. :'(
I know what you're going through. :teehee:
In these type of situations,it may not seem like it now but things will get better and you'll soon forget about how much you loved her.It's only natural that seeing her with the boyfriend has triggered all these emotions.I'm speaking from personal experience,whereby a girl liked me for months but I was too indecisive to take the next step.It was one year ago to this exact date I couldn't get myself to ask her out..but we learn from our mistakes and we move on.

Maybe if she didn't have a boyfriend,you could have had another chance,but thinking about how much you love her is like sitting on rocking chair-it gives you something to do,but gets you nowhere.

Do you still talk to her as a friend?
Reply 7
Yeah but yo have to dream.... one day Kylie Minogue....one day....

:getmycoat:
Reply 8
If you are certain she likes you, don't give up. :smile: I don't think you could be just friends with her, so it's worth a try, anyway.
Reply 9
Yeah, I have this girl which i completely fell in love with and obsessed, thinking about her all the time. But i know I'm never gonna get her, I just can't cause she already has a bf and I dun wanna ruin their relationship :s-smilie:
and I never chat with her face to face cause I am extremely shy, although I do through emailing ... so my chances are ZERO !!
Reply 10
Dhanoo
Yeah, I have this girl which i completely fell in love with and obsessed, thinking about her all the time. But i know I'm never gonna get her, I just can't cause she already has a bf and I dun wanna ruin their relationship :s-smilie:
and I never chat with her face to face cause I am extremely shy, although I do through emailing ... so my chances are ZERO !!

Psst. My current boyfriend's gone through the same (except I've also used to frequently bitch at him). 2.5 years of nothing, then captured my attention because he's suddenly stopped being shy and got very popular with girls, and has given up on trying to get me.
Shyness isn't a way to go it seems. :smile: Simples.
Reply 11
Yeah you're probably right about that. But attitudes are hard to change. I have and always been shy all my whole life, so its pretty hard to change now. and considering we only got a couple of months left before we all go to unis, I might as well give up on her and start a new life while i'm in uni :frown:

however, i thinking i might probably tell her my feeling towards her before we all leave :wink:
I might have a chance, she gives out really confusing signals :/
Reply 13
Yep, and it's hard because we're very good friends. She already knows how I feel, or at least felt a long time ago.
I was.. Then I got her.. And dumped her within 2 weeks cos I realised I only liked the IDEA of her. We stayed good friends till she got pregnant and moved to the west country.
Reply 15
I fell you, bro...

This girl is perfect for me and I don't want to lose her, especially since i had her and lost her.
...Rachel Mcadams:daydreaming:
"I was half in love with her by the time we sat down. That's the thing about girls. Every time they do something pretty, even if they're not much to look at, or even if they're sort of stupid, you fall half in love with them, and then you never know where the hell you are. Girls. Jesus Christ. They can drive you crazy. They really can."

J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye

/pretentiousquotation
I think most people have felt this about either sex at some point during their lives, and those who haven't are either regular cassanova's or are lying.

I've only ever had one serious girlfriend, and that lasted 4 months. The rest of the time you tend to get fixated on one person and tell yourself how perfect they are for you(if you're one of those people who does that. I used to be, no point denying). Problem is, you spend so long idolising that person and putting them up on a pedestal, you're eventually going to be disappointed if you get what you want. And if you aren't, you're a lucker ******. :P
Yes.. :sigh:

Latest

Trending

Trending