Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone completely in love with a girl but know you are never going to get her? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Totally overrated.

Still would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    Totally overrated.
    Agreed, she is so forgettable and plastic. Her lips are blergh, and she looks an annoying bint. Seriously the all aboard the Megan Fox bandwagon is increadible :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoHands)
    Still would.
    Same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danielle89)
    To be honest, if you did ever get her the relationship would probably fail pretty quickly because if you "love" someone that much you tend to put them on a pedestal and that's never good because when you start spending more time with her you'll end up either being walked over or you'll start realising all her human faults and end up really disappointed.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    I love this one Girl but we don't even know each other !!

It hurts...

I feel for you. I was in the same situation. Far easier to crush your emotions than try and get with her.

ReputationRep:
    Too often people confuse infatuation with love. It's where the problem of loving the 'idea' of someone comes from. You like how they look, and the type of person they appear to be, but you don't know them. You can't love what you don't know. You can't love what you haven't seen at its absolute worse.

ReputationRep:
    One day Cheryl will find me...

Matt Lanter
    Robert Sheehan
    Jared Leto
    Leighton Meester :sad:

ReputationRep:
    ah jus get over it and move on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonPeople)
    Too often people confuse infatuation with love. It's where the problem of loving the 'idea' of someone comes from. You like how they look, and the type of person they appear to be, but you don't know them. You can't love what you don't know. You can't love what you haven't seen at its absolute worse.
    I don't know the Girl but i definitely know i Love her. I'm infatuated with Cheestrings but i Love this Girl even though i don't know her personally...from what i've seen of her she is really nice.

If i was infatuated with her i wouldn't cry about it from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    I don't know the Girl but i definitely know i Love her. I'm infatuated with Cheestrings but i Love this Girl even though i don't know her personally...from what i've seen of her she is really nice.

If i was infatuated with her i wouldn't cry about it from time to time.

Yes, you 'love' what you know about her, which is nothing.

ReputationRep:
    More so now than ever; originally very physical infatuation, now very emotional. Whereas once I put her on a pedestal now, off it, she's more human, more tangible. I don't just see a beautiful woman now but a beautiful human being, with faults and troubles just like any of us - yet in any form she's a drug to me! :p: I can't kick how wonderful she is. But I owe it to her to be a good, platonic friend. It's very trying, certainly, in one sense. She's not aware of the depth of my feeling one suspects even if she is aware of its original physical intensity. In another sense, I'm incredibly lucky.

So I'll never have her reciprocate as perhaps I would wish, but if I'm not right for her then each night I shall hope someone comes along who is. To have her friendship makes me luckier than anyone who doesn't know her, in my eyes, and that is not something to mourn for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CommonPeople)
    Yes, you 'love' what you know about her, which is nothing.
    I know that she is a very nice person from what i've seen.

Either way you don't know the situation.

ReputationRep:
    Love. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robofish999)
    Hey guys. Is anyone else seriously in love with someone but know you are never going to get him or her? I really really love this girl but I blew my chance with her and know I'm not going to get her. It really hurts as I believe she liked me but I was just too shy when I had the best chance to pull her. I saw her the other day with a boyfriend and it killed me.

Before anyone says anything, it is love with this girl, not a big crush. Anyone else feel the same?
    Flip the genders.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say love, but yeah. I was too shy and I had too much pride and now she is with someone else.

I felt the same about a girl for about 2 years when i was younger. we got on really well and she seemed perfect for me. she had a boyfriend (more of a guy she would see once in a while) who was also 1 of my mates but they didn't really care about each other! still I wern't guna ask her out until they were finished which alot of people thought they already were. she then got a bf who i didn't know so i just sadly backed off and eventually managed to forget her.

I thought i was totally over her until recently when we were both drunk at a gathering when her bf wern't there and we got off with each over. It's a bit of a blur but it has set off all these questions in my mind! Did she really like me back then? does she still like me? or was it just a drunken mistake which she dnt even remember?

she still has the same bf and I now know of him and drink with him now and then. He is well alright and they make a good couple i just cant get these questions out my head every time i see her and when i meet him im always expecting him to of found out so the first 'alright mate' hand shake is always a bit tense!

:eek3:

Dnt worry i'm pretty much over it all now as I have met a girl who i am really starting to like. it's just awkward when seeing both of them and i wish it wern't

I'll stop boring you now guys but i know wot ur going through mate and my advice to you is to not just stand back and not let her know how u feel. she maybe waiting for u to come to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    Yes. 3 girls. Two of which have a boyfriend. grrr. The other one, well nah its never going to happen.
    Doesn't really sound like love, John.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    I know that she is a very nice person from what i've seen.

Either way you don't know the situation.
    What more is there to know? You've convinced yourself that you genuinely love a girl that you don't even know. You're basing that 'love' (and I use that term loosely) on what you, a stranger to her, have witnessed from a far. You're infatuated. Don't try and disguise it.

(Original post by Niwde)
    I wouldn't say love, but yeah. I was too shy and I had too much pride and now she is with someone else.
    Don't confuse 'being a pussy' with 'pride'.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 20, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.