Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Muscles on guys = unattractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    Completely agree.

While I think a lot of people workout for "vanity" (which is quite a strong word here), muscles on a man connote so many different things. In a society where we judge people so much by their appearence, being of good physique is possibly the most positive and masculine thing a male can stride to achieve.

I have massive respect for the guys at the gym who are busting chops for self improvement - especially the guys who I see every single time i'm there. Nothing says "I'm a winner" quite like a man taking his daily march to the gym in trackies.

Girls who think muscles are unattractive probably go after hipster ******s anyway.

this, lots of white girls like the whole skinny jeans coloured jeans type of guy. Thats what is popular i guess
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Seven_Three)
    This is a cross post from annother forum, I didn't write this. I think this ties in with my own experiance going from 5'9 130 pounds about four years ago to 155 pounds now.
    Hehe, I know the forum and have read that post many times (and all his other posts).

Definitely ties in with my experiences of going from 150lbs to 200lbs at 6'2/6'3".

ReputationRep:
    In response to the requests for pics/being more specific....I like this 'level' of muscle :P Don't like the abs to be any more defined than this and all sticky-outy!

http://www.mostbeautifulman.com/actors/paulwalker

Wouldn't mind a bit 'fatter' as well but still same level of muscley-ness.

Not a fan of the upside-down-triange shape where the hips/waist and small and the shoulders are huuuuge.

ReputationRep:
    Muscles are nice but too much = Scary

ReputationRep:
    I don't like muscles on a guy, give me bit of a beer belly anyday.

ReputationRep:
    no muscles!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crooks & castles)
    this, lots of white girls like the whole skinny jeans coloured jeans type of guy. Thats what is popular i guess
    The hypocrisy here is I actually am one of those hipster ******s - except I workout a lot.

I'm not a bowler hat, purple jeans wearing ******. But I do wear skinny jeans. I consider one of my rites of passage to be the time when I rip my jeans due to how big my quads are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cessie)
    In response to the requests for pics/being more specific....I like this 'level' of muscle :P Don't like the abs to be any more defined than this and all sticky-outy!
    Do you understand the amount of gym work required for that body?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanx)
    The hypocrisy here is I actually am one of those hipster ******s - except I workout a lot.

I'm not a bowler hat, purple jeans wearing ******. But I do wear skinny jeans. I consider one of my rites of passage to be the time when I rip my jeans due to how big my quads are.
    Your training can't be that effective if you still fit into skinny jeans :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like a guy who's obsessed with his body. Thin (but a little toned) is fine with me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    Do you understand the amount of gym work required for that body?

Yeah loads, I was just providing an example of when muscle looks good as opposed to when it's too big and not attractive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Genesis-ar92)
    stttteriod injections, it is possible for the muscle to actually burst disgusting i know, but don`t tell you that you do not think the first picture of the guy is not good looking
    That picture is faked...
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    What sort of height are you talking about here?
    5'7 and under

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnator)
    That picture is faked...
    :facepalm2:
    lol I know that one is but I think you could get to 50% of that picture by using steroids

ReputationRep:
    lolz at the "big men" on this thread, championing muscle above all, saying real women like muscle is a hallmark of immaturity and the kind of thing a little boy would say. People have different preferences. the sooner people realise that the better. In general however most girls I think would say muscle looks better, and most guys too for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBez)
    Hows this?

Mid diet last summer.

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/6606/img00294a.jpg
    Is niiice! :borat: Work on your pecs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by examhunter)
    This thread is hilarious. I rekon all the girls saying they do not like muscle are probably fattys who have never got laid and never actually get the attention of muscular men.
    Well no. I've never attracted any sort of guy or gotten laid and I like muscles. :dontknow: You can't help your preferences.

ReputationRep:
    What do girls think about andy sheridan, England Prop?

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gap)
    5'7 and under

So do you think I look stupid then? I'm 5'6, possibly 5'7, and I'm 70kg (BMI = 25). Genuine question, others can comment too.

I think regardless of height, muscle looks better than no muscle. I'll see if I can find a pic of me before I started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)

So do you think I look stupid then? I'm 5'6, possibly 5'7, and I'm 70kg (BMI = 25). Genuine question, others can comment too.

I think regardless of height, muscle looks better than no muscle. I'll see if I can find a pic of me before I started.
    I think you look fine. My boyfriend is 5'6 and looks like you do, not stupid at all IMO.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.