How hard is it to get an offer from Bristol? Watch

This discussion is closed.
MonkeyOnIce
Badges: 0
Report 13 years ago
Is it 10 because thats all the places they have, or because the places weren't filled..because if thats the case ima sure there would be more on the course after clearing and stuff.
andy5788
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well it claims 70 applicants to 10 places....
So me thinks that's all they take...
asifbymagic
Report 13 years ago
I was told bristol was so hard to get into, but last year i got a place for history for deferred entry (AAB) and I actually know another girl (not at my school) who got a deferred entry offer too. Maybe it was easier cos we both come from comprehensives, u never know, but it's not like I had super dooper amazing A-levels (one of my As was in good old art).
Shelbycakes
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no,it is incredibly hard to get into almost all of my friends applied there and i'm the only one with an offer!
Sian01
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by asifbymagic)
I was told bristol was so hard to get into, but last year i got a place for history for deferred entry (AAB) and I actually know another girl (not at my school) who got a deferred entry offer too. Maybe it was easier cos we both come from comprehensives, u never know, but it's not like I had super dooper amazing A-levels (one of my As was in good old art).
Are you going to Bristol to do history this year then?
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My reference bore an aggregate 'AAAA' prediction (citing several modules at 100% attainment); my personal statement was touted by my erstwhile form tutor as the "strongest [he had] read [that] year"; I went on to achieve a score of '16/24' on the LNAT [the average being 12/13; my recollection tends toward the latter]: I found myself among the penultimate [fifth] 'wave' of prospects to be made an offer by Bristol to commence studying L100 'straight' Law in the October of that year, contingent upon 'AAB' or above at A-Level. That said, I may have suffered consequent of (relatively) average GCSE grades and what was (to my mind, at least) a rather unintelligible LNAT essay.

In any case: derive from this what you will but, suffice to say, the LNAT looks set to be vested with ever-greater significance in the years to come, as 'AAA' attainment proliferates; 'AAB' offers (from 'red-brick' universities), to be all-but phased out entirely. Conversely, the inauguration of tuition fees may serve to render competition less intensive: certainly, I do not doubt that the proportion of students who this year elected to forego taking a GAP year (as a means of exempting themselves) will by 2006 have returned to a state of (relative) normality.
Gexko
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
My reference bore an aggregate 'AAAA' prediction (citing several modules at 100% attainment); my personal statement was touted by my erstwhile form tutor as the "strongest [he had] read [that] year"; I went on to achieve a score of '16/24' on the LNAT [the average being 12/13; my recollection tends toward the latter]: I found myself among the penultimate [fifth] 'wave' of prospects to be made an offer by Bristol to commence studying L100 'straight' Law in the October of that year, contingent upon 'AAB' or above at A-Level. That said, I may have suffered consequent of (relatively) average GCSE grades and what was (to my mind, at least) a rather unintelligible LNAT essay.

In any case: derive from this what you will but, suffice to say, the LNAT looks set to be vested with ever-greater significance in the years to come, as 'AAA' attainment proliferates; 'AAB' offers (from 'red-brick' universities), to be all-but phased out entirely. Conversely, the inauguration of tuition fees may serve to render competition less intensive: certainly, I do not doubt that the proportion of students who this year elected to forego taking a GAP year (as a means of exempting themselves) will by 2006 have returned to a state of (relative) normality.
Do you always speak like that, or just when you're writing?

Its strangely mesmerising in its eloquence...
sequence123
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How hard it is to get a place at Bristol obviously depends on the course.

I got a lowered offer of Abb as opposed to the usual AAB, i only got BBB, and i was let in anyway
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Gexko)
Do you always speak like that, or just when you're writing?

Its strangely mesmerising in its eloquence...
In response to the former: my speech is a serviceable approximation; the latter I would chalk down to well-honed aesthetic sensibilities.
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In response to the former: my speech is a serviceable approximation; the latter I would chalk down to well-honed aesthetic sensibilities.
Righty ho.
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Gexko)
Righty ho.
I find myself gratified by your indolent subversion and betrayal of common conversational etiquette, as if to infer a short attention-span or that you have 'better things to do'; which being as you are, a student, is quite probably the case. :rolleyes:
SlyPie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I find myself gratified by your indolent subversion and betrayal of common conversational etiquette, as if to infer a short attention-span or that you have 'better things to do'; which being as you are, a student, is quite probably the case. :rolleyes:
Um, Profesh. Don't make me translate everything you say again!!

Do you ever speak colloquially?
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SlyPie)
Do you ever speak colloquially?
After a fashion; usually for alternate effect. :rolleyes:
fuglyduckling
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LMAO. I'm going to bump into you at Bristol, and ask you something mundane like what the time is; just to see your response! I'm 99% sure it'll be a little less verbose than those on this forum

In all honesty, it's just a matter of which register one chooses: it'd be ineffective, superfluous, and (perhaps!) pompous to speak formally amongst young student types, IMHO.

Join the debating society, Profesh, and I'll see you there! You seem pretty game for a 'lively discussion', and it'd be interesting to see you in action :p: Good practice for mooting, too!
Profesh
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Clarkey_Berlin)
LMAO. I'm going to bump into you at Bristol, and ask you something mundane like what the time is; just to see your response! I'm 99% sure it'll be a little less verbose than those on this forum

In all honesty, it's just a matter of which register one chooses: it'd be ineffective, superfluous, and (perhaps!) pompous to speak formally amongst young student types, IMHO.

Join the debating society, Profesh, and I'll see you there! You seem pretty game for a 'lively discussion', and it'd be interesting to see you in action :p: Good practice for mooting, too!
"Well, by my watch, fast-approaching midday; so it would appear I am three hours late for my first lecture: wonderful."

Don't worry: I'm not nearly so formal in person as when 'posturing' on TSR. Still eloquent though; not that I would have it any other way.
fuglyduckling
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Glad to hear it!
Gexko
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Well you answered my question first time so I didnt need to know anything else :p:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1331)
79.65%
Leave (340)
20.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise