Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse' watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnamdi)
    Initially there were 256 carbon atoms.since 255 decayed, 1 carbon atom was left remaining.N=Noe^-(lambda*time) N is the number of atoms REMAINING, No is the number of atoms INITIALLY(when time was 0)
    ^great =] thank youss

ReputationRep:
    good luck for the exam everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasukekun)
    Got a few questions;

Do we need to know how to prove experimentally Charles' Law (Volume is proportional to Temperature) - Because my books only tell me how to show Boyles' and the Pressure law.
    I'll tell you how to do it anyway, just incase they do ask. Something like what I've got on the diagram I've attached will be enough I think.

This is the exam I am freaked out about the most. Got no idea what they're going to throw our way.

Worried that I'm going to have put this much work in only to fail because I panic or the questions are so left of centre.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by havinghoops)
    I'll tell you how to do it anyway, just incase they do ask. Something like what I've got on the diagram I've attached will be enough I think.

This is the exam I am freaked out about the most. Got no idea what they're going to throw our way.

Worried that I'm going to have put this much work in only to fail because I panic or the questions are so left of centre.
    Ah that image helped me more than i thought it would, thanks for that.
    And yea im also worried about this exam. Although i do kinda feel that im not as prepared as i was for the other units i still hoping this paper goes well. If i don't get an A overall for physics then i dont get into my firm, so its kinda resting on this exam :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Not ready for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    Hi all in the specification what is the suggested experiments column for? Are we required to know those experiments?

ReputationRep:
    At least after tomorrow what is done is done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lefneosan)
    Hi all in the specification what is the suggested experiments column for? Are we required to know those experiments?
    I wouldn't say you need to know ALL of the suggested experiments, but at least know one experiment for each gas law and shm, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1231992)
    Does anyone know where I can find any of the past exam papers, e.g. Edexcel Jan 2010 6PH05. I've got the Specimin Paper and done loads of questions from examwizard which is just questions from past papers, however haven't done a real paper in the exam format.
    hey whats this examwizard can you actually post a link? thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1231992)
    Does anyone know where I can find any of the past exam papers, e.g. Edexcel Jan 2010 6PH05. I've got the Specimin Paper and done loads of questions from examwizard which is just questions from past papers, however haven't done a real paper in the exam format.

There has been no 6PHO5 we are the fist people sitting it.:p:
    Is the exam wizard good can you post some question from there if you are able to.

ReputationRep:
    hey....so i have this problem in astrophysics
    what is a standard candle? and what is trignometric parallax i dont seem to understand it well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    Not ready for tomorrow
    Snap. I have a day to cram it all in!

ReputationRep:
    gh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    Snap. I have a day to cram it all in!
    Same here. Need to use it wisely

ReputationRep:
    has anyone got the specimen paper + answers??? i cant find it anywer

ReputationRep:
    can someone please put a link /send/scan the specimen +answers ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrrteza)
    can someone please put a link /send/scan the specimen +answers ????
    You can find it here:

http://www.edexcel.com/quals/gce/gce...s/default.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about the double post but can someone give me the link to that Hodder site where you needed a username and password?

It was posted on this thread but i can't find it.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    As there's a few people asking, even though they are already in the thread, I will upload all the test papers I have for this unit.

There is only ONE specimen paper. We're the first people ever to sit this unit. (Go us) So there are no past papers.

However, there have been past papers on the same topics this unit covers. So, someone very helpful a few pages back had uploaded ALL the questions on the similar topics. I then just cut and pasted them into exam format, so the marks add up to 80 like in a real exam.

So, these are all attached. The markschemes for the made-up tests are in the reply below.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf specimentpaper.pdf (125.3 KB, 154 views)
  2. File Type: pdf specimentpaper_markscheme.pdf (106.1 KB, 367 views)
  3. Attached Files
  4. File Type: docx madeuptest1.docx (35.4 KB, 167 views)
  5. File Type: docx madeuptest2.docx (64.9 KB, 213 views)
  6. File Type: docx madeuptest3.docx (53.4 KB, 301 views)

ReputationRep:
    The answers to the papers in the attachments above.

ALSO, can anyone explain to me the multichoice question in the specimen paper, starting:

QUESTION 3: A child is playing on a swing. The graph shows how the displacement of the child varies with time.

I know the axis are wrong, got that. But to find the answer, I tediously found the gradient at zero, so get something near to pi. Is there a simplier way of doing it. Both my physics teachers are drawing a blank
    Attached Files
  7. File Type: docx madeuptest1_answers.docx (43.8 KB, 94 views)
  8. File Type: docx madeuptest2_answers.docx (29.3 KB, 104 views)
  9. File Type: docx madeuptest3_answers.docx (25.1 KB, 93 views)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.