The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
man the specimen paper really took me by suprise with the space stuff lol! i got 58% do you guys reckon that would have been a B grade?
NHjenson
man the specimen paper really took me by suprise with the space stuff lol! i got 58% do you guys reckon that would have been a B grade?

Don't worry about what you got on the specimen paper, the paper's crap.
Reply 722
yeah can't beleive they got the axis for the SHM question wrong :s-smilie:, but am happy with what i got in at least i can sleep well tonight lol
HassanBHS
Hey quick question plz!

What does the area under the graph represent for the graph of Energy output against wavelngth (astrohpysics) ??? :s-smilie:

thnx in advance :smile:

Kinda want to confirm this myself. I'm not sure if it's the total power output (total energy per second) or the total power output per unit area (flux). Can anyone confirm this?
OL1V3R
Or if you plot a graph of P against V it should look like the graph of y = 1/x, but if you plot P against 1/V you will get a straight line.

Why is that?
lefneosan
Why is that?

Because according to Boyle's law, the pressure of a gas at constant mass and temperature is inversely proportional to its volume.
Reply 726
HassanBHS
Hey quick question plz!

What does the area under the graph represent for the graph of Energy output against wavelngth (astrohpysics) ??? :s-smilie:

thnx in advance :smile:

total flux.

Just spent some time googling it to confirm it. :smile:
NHjenson
yeah can't beleive they got the axis for the SHM question wrong :s-smilie:

I actually love that question.

The kid is swinging backwards and forwards through time! :P
Reply 728
havinghoops
I actually love that question.

The kid is swinging backwards and forwards through time! :P

Unitl your comment just now, I still couldn't work out what was wrong with the graph! :p:
Hi could someone remind me what g is? completely forgotten!! My book defines it as "the grav force acting on unit mass at a point" does the unit mean per unit mass, like g=f/m?
lefneosan
Hi could someone remind me what g is? completely forgotten!! My book defines it as "the grav force acting on unit mass at a point" does the unit mean per unit mass, like g=f/m?

That's right! :smile:
Reply 731
Kameo
yh doesnt make sense.

d axis is actually right..time axis is x displacement is y..take the gradient where displacement is 0 to find the velocity
Reply 732
I'm getting really nervous for tomorrow. :eek3:
Here are some revision summaries of all the topics. Most of them have been scanned but one of them is a word document.

http://www.4shared.com/file/xvQ7QS1f/6PH05_Revision_Summaries.html?

Enjoy :smile:

Does anyone have a copy of the image of the A2 Physics ActiveBook (the one by Miles Hudson) on USB? I quite like the glossary on the disc but it's very slow to load and would be much less hassle just booting it off a USB pen drive.
Reply 734
^^Thanks for the notes! :smile:
Unfortunately, I don't have the glossary on USB - it's on my disk.
Reply 735
unamed
total flux.

Just spent some time googling it to confirm it. :smile:

Area under graph for Energy output against wavelength = total flux :yes: :biggrin:

Thanx dude!!!
Reply 736
OL1V3R
Here are some revision summaries of all the topics. Most of them have been scanned but one of them is a word document.

http://www.4shared.com/file/xvQ7QS1f/6PH05_Revision_Summaries.html?

Enjoy :smile:

Does anyone have a copy of the image of the A2 Physics ActiveBook (the one by Miles Hudson) on USB? I quite like the glossary on the disc but it's very slow to load and would be much less hassle just booting it off a USB pen drive.

thanks again! :smile:
your writing's quite neat! :biggrin:
Reply 737
Im off, good night all and good luck for 2morow
Hi does anyone know if there is any interaction between white dwarfs and red giants? e.g. main sequence become red giants which then become white dwarfs?
I am so sweating it about this exam. I've read all three of my text books, done those 200 past paper question someone linked, made brief notes, revised over and researched things I didn't quite fully understand and now reading through the syllabus making sure I know everything and making experiment plans that they might ask us. All in all I know it could be worthless if Edexcel bring some (and they will since it's a requirement) annoying applied physics bit that I won't understand ._. I think I've done the most I can though (props to the 11 day period between this exam and the previous one).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending