Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what are the formulas we use for calculating max. velocity and acceleration? are there any other formulas that we should know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by havinghoops)
    Have a look at the image I have attached. I've tried to explain it to you through diagrams
    shudnt the velocity be the cos wave and the acceleration be the sine wave?

ReputationRep:
    Off to do some last minute revision so best of luck everyone. Let's hope we come out smiling at the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BPat)
    Off to do some last minute revision so best of luck everyone. Let's hope we come out smiling at the end of it.
    Good luck
    I feel that it's going to be easier than January's 6PH04 =)
    I'm going to revise astro now, it's probably the most difficult part in physics.

best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    good luck Guyz I ll be doing the paper in exactly 2 hours.Lets hop that its better than Unit 4

ReputationRep:
    All the people on the FP3 thread have lost it

Must do some more Q's this morning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by terminatorsb)
    shudnt the velocity be the cos wave and the acceleration be the sine wave?
    I explained it wrong. Trying to shorten it too much :P

Please see the new diagram.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Whether you use sine or cosine depends on the wave you have, and that all depends on WHEN you start your clock on the SHM.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by havinghoops)
    I explained it wrong. Trying to shorten it too much :P

Please see the new diagram.

Hope this makes sense to you.

Whether you use sine or cosine depends on the wave you have, and that all depends on WHEN you start your clock on the SHM.
    Yes much better
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    We don't need to know how to devise an experiment to prove somethings in SHM do we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uberuvy)
    We don't need to know how to devise an experiment to prove somethings in SHM do we?
    we might do! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Doubt it. They will probs put an Excel question in there about SHM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    Doubt it. They will probs put an Excel question in there about SHM
    Excel question? Like a spreadsheet?

They always seem to have at least one experiment. Lets hope it's the easy radiation one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilangel890)
    Excel question? Like a spreadsheet?

They always seem to have at least one experiment. Lets hope it's the easy radiation one!
    Yup, spreadsheet kinda one. And they will probs give you a random equation too

I hope it's on radiation or on thermal energy. That will definitly make me happy. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yup, spreadsheet kinda one. And they will probs give you a random equation too

I hope it's on radiation or on thermal energy. That will definitly make me happy. :woo:
    Ohh like unit 1 was with the mechanics. So that'd probably be for heat etc.

Yeah the thermal energy woule be nice as well, I need to go and learn the gas one's though

ReputationRep:
    guys someone explain me the example in astrophysics on page 188 the centauri

ReputationRep:
    Ohh like unit 1 was with the mechanics. So that'd probably be for heat etc.

Yeah the thermal energy woule be nice as well, I need to go and learn the gas one's though
    I'll probs do what I do best: make up a random experiment and explain it well :awesome:
    Dunno if it will get me marks though :o:

ReputationRep:
    I'll probs do what I do best: make up a random experiment and explain it well :awesome:
    Dunno if it will get me marks though :o:
    For which? I can make some key points for them if you want?

Have you lot learnt about Charles' law (v is proporional to T) It doesn't appear in any of my revision guides (only pressure and Boyle's law)??

ReputationRep:
    For which? I can make some key points for them if you want?

Have you lot learnt about Charles' law (v is proporional to T) It doesn't appear in any of my revision guides (only pressure and Boyle's law)??
    I'll be fine, but thanks for offering :yep:

I think I have. I learnt about it yesterday when I was thinking to myself 'Who the hell is Charles?!'. I kinda understand it. Going to school in a minute for some last minute revision (which I don't normally do )

ReputationRep:
    I'll be fine, but thanks for offering :yep:

I think I have. I learnt about it yesterday when I was thinking to myself 'Who the hell is Charles?!'. I kinda understand it. Going to school in a minute for some last minute revision (which I don't normally do )
    But not learnt it in class? Hmm then maybe that experiment won't come up

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Only less 2 hours left for exam Guys!!!!Good Luck all the physics students on TSR

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.