Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse' watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredbraty)
    In the multiple choice for the ratio of the mean velocities,did you find 1/4?
    haha i didnt want to waste time on that one.... made a little calculation from the 3/2 nkt formula and just guessed it was 4 ... since i assumed larger molecules will move faster :P dont know wether it would be correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yadas)
    :yep:
    They asked for the mean velocities, not for the mean square velocities (which would be 1/16).
    oh i love you so much right now :giggle:
    they actually asked for the root of the squared mean velocities which is somehow what you said :p: .
    Oh,also at the damping question they asked to mark point X where acceleration is maximum and point Y where u is zero,right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yadas)
    :yep:
    They asked for the mean speeds, not for the mean square speeds (which would be 1/16).
    I too put that.
    the mcqs were easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WindsorHL3)
    I thought it was easy overall although a couple of the multiple choice were difficult and I realised after the exam I forgot to divide the total distance moved by the bridge by 2 to find amplitude.
    I DID THE SAME F******* MISTAKE ;(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus92)
    I too put that.
    the mcqs were easy
    no tehre were some tricky ones.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antonfigo)
    haha i didnt want to waste time on that one.... made a little calculation from the 3/2 nkt formula and just guessed it was 4 ... since i assumed larger molecules will move faster :P dont know wether it would be correct
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was hell in exam format. I've never been good at questions that require more than a sentence of writing and this paper was choc full of them!

I left the damping question till the end and then realized it was quite easy. I was halfway through writing when we had to stop

I was hoping everyone else found it hard, but sadly not. Lets hope 45 is a B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kosy91)
    hey thanks.....and to you too
    kosyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,where are you man????????
    How did you do?
    I hope you did well .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgaTiger)
    I thought it was hell in exam format. I've never been good at questions that require more than a sentence of writing and this paper was choc full of them!

I left the damping question till the end and then realized it was quite easy. I was halfway through writing when we had to stop

dont worry most people mess up in theory questions,and since it was full of those grade boundaries will be low.

ReputationRep:

Everyone said it was relatively easy. Let's go with 56ish for an A, 50ish for a B, 44ish for a C. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    where is unamed???????????????:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    no tehre were some tricky ones.:yep:
    I know I have made a lot of careless mistakes, but hopefull Ill get 10/10 for the mcq in both phy4 and phy5.
    I find edxcel mcqs easy

ReputationRep:
    I know I have made a lot of careless mistakes, but hopefull Ill get 10/10 for the mcq in both phy4 and phy5.
    I find edxcel mcqs easy
    :yep: you will be fine,dont worry.
    I might have a markscheme in the next days.
    If i have one i will post it. (if i find a scanner)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    Everyone said it was relatively easy. Let's go with 56ish for an A, 50ish for a B, 44ish for a C. :yep:
    Lets all pray

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    Jay, if for this paper A is 56 what would phy4 A would be?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    dont worry most people mess up in theory questions,and since it was full of those grade boundaries will be low.
    Thanks, I think you just saved me from bursting into tears and possibly a small heart attack.

ReputationRep:
    :yep: you will be fine,dont worry.
    I might have a markscheme in the next days.
    If i have one i will post it. (if i find a scanner)
    How will you get the marking scheme?:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Jay, if for this paper A is 56 what would phy4 A would be?:confused:
    Most people found that really difficuly. 47/80 would be a good prediction if it was hard as everyone said it was. (The lowest it has been was about 45/80 or something like that).

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I think you just saved me from bursting into tears and possibly a small heart attack.
    glad i did.

ReputationRep:
    Lets all pray
    :ditto:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2015

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.