The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse'

Scroll to see replies

fredbraty
In the multiple choice for the ratio of the mean velocities,did you find 1/4?

haha i didnt want to waste time on that one.... made a little calculation from the 3/2 nkt formula and just guessed it was 4 ... since i assumed larger molecules will move faster :P dont know wether it would be correct
yadas
:yep:
They asked for the mean velocities, not for the mean square velocities (which would be 1/16).

oh i love you so much right now :giggle:
they actually asked for the root of the squared mean velocities which is somehow what you said :p: .
Oh,also at the damping question they asked to mark point X where acceleration is maximum and point Y where u is zero,right?
Reply 882
yadas
:yep:
They asked for the mean speeds, not for the mean square speeds (which would be 1/16).

I too put that.:biggrin:
the mcqs were easy
Reply 883
WindsorHL3
I thought it was easy overall although a couple of the multiple choice were difficult and I realised after the exam I forgot to divide the total distance moved by the bridge by 2 to find amplitude.

I DID THE SAME F******* MISTAKE ;(
Pegasus92
I too put that.:biggrin:
the mcqs were easy

no tehre were some tricky ones.:yep:
antonfigo
haha i didnt want to waste time on that one.... made a little calculation from the 3/2 nkt formula and just guessed it was 4 ... since i assumed larger molecules will move faster :P dont know wether it would be correct

:lol:
I thought it was hell in exam format. I've never been good at questions that require more than a sentence of writing and this paper was choc full of them!

I left the damping question till the end and then realized it was quite easy. I was halfway through writing when we had to stop :frown:

I was hoping everyone else found it hard, but sadly not. Lets hope 45 is a B?
kosy91
hey thanks.....and to you too:wink: :biggrin:

kosyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy,where are you man????????
How did you do?
I hope you did well:smile: .
GeorgaTiger
I thought it was hell in exam format. I've never been good at questions that require more than a sentence of writing and this paper was choc full of them!

I left the damping question till the end and then realized it was quite easy. I was halfway through writing when we had to stop :frown:

dont worry most people mess up in theory questions,and since it was full of those grade boundaries will be low.
Reply 889
GeorgaTiger

Everyone said it was relatively easy. Let's go with 56ish for an A, 50ish for a B, 44ish for a C. :yep:
where is unamed???????????????:eek3:
Reply 891
fredbraty
no tehre were some tricky ones.:yep:

I know I have made a lot of careless mistakes, but hopefull Ill get 10/10 for the mcq in both phy4 and phy5.
I find edxcel mcqs easy
Pegasus92
I know I have made a lot of careless mistakes, but hopefull Ill get 10/10 for the mcq in both phy4 and phy5.
I find edxcel mcqs easy

:yep: you will be fine,dont worry.
I might have a markscheme in the next days.
If i have one i will post it.:biggrin: (if i find a scanner)
JayAyy
Everyone said it was relatively easy. Let's go with 56ish for an A, 50ish for a B, 44ish for a C. :yep:

Lets all pray :biggrin:
Reply 894
JayAyy

Jay, if for this paper A is 56 what would phy4 A would be?:confused:
fredbraty
dont worry most people mess up in theory questions,and since it was full of those grade boundaries will be low.

Thanks, I think you just saved me from bursting into tears and possibly a small heart attack.
Reply 896
fredbraty
:yep: you will be fine,dont worry.
I might have a markscheme in the next days.
If i have one i will post it.:biggrin: (if i find a scanner)

How will you get the marking scheme?:woo:
Reply 897
Pegasus92
Jay, if for this paper A is 56 what would phy4 A would be?:confused:

Most people found that really difficuly. 47/80 would be a good prediction if it was hard as everyone said it was. (The lowest it has been was about 45/80 or something like that).
GeorgaTiger
Thanks, I think you just saved me from bursting into tears and possibly a small heart attack.

:biggrin: glad i did.
Reply 899
fredbraty
Lets all pray :biggrin:

:ditto:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending