Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredbraty)
    No,no people!!!!!!!!

It was temperature!

See there were some tricky ones!

The asnwer is T^-1 since it asked the relationship between maximum wavelength and T.
    It asked for frequecy, not wavelength. So it's T^1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus92)
    **** are sure?
    How did I miss it?:facepalm2:
    (funny how life is)
    Guarenteed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    yeah they did ask for frequency, so that means I lose another mark.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    that question about the song was so annoying

ReputationRep:
    are you sure?

How did i read maximum wavelength? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AyonFazal)
    that question about the song was so annoying
    How was the paper overall?

ReputationRep:
    are you sure?

100% sure it said frequency :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Who else feels cheated by the first SHM question? I swear to god it specifically stated that the mouse was on a floor where hardly any frictional forces worked on the mouse and even the picture showed a mouse on a horizontal plane. That question completely threw me because of this, otherwise I would have used the T=2Л√M/k and possibly got the full 5 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradley.sparkes)
    Who else feels cheated by the first SHM question? I swear to god it specifically stated that the mouse was on a floor where hardly any frictional forces worked on the mouse and even the picture showed a mouse on a horizontal plane. That question completely threw me because of this, otherwise I would have used the T=2Л√M/k and possibly got the full 5 marks
    I do, I do I do
    Edxcel does not seem to be testing physics much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradley.sparkes)
    Nope. The question then said it was vertical, meaning acceleration was 9.81.

Substitute it in, you get your value for k.

Then sub in to the equation you stated to get the time.

Finally, do 1/T to find the frequency. I got 1.11Hz

ReputationRep:

Do you mean they said horizontal from the start?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I too put something like that and mentioned hydrogen and helium too.
    and defined nuclear fusion.
    Was the reason for high temps in order to provide enough kinetic energy to overcome any repulsive forceS?

ReputationRep:
    are you sure?

I also read maximum wavelength......

overall it was a much much better paper than i was expected, i'm quite surprised people are saying it was hard tbh....despite this i will still have lost most the multiple choice marks as i'm useless at these

ReputationRep:

It was just damn confusing, yeah It's probably my fault for not fully reading everything... but why would it suddenly change from being a mouse attached to a spring horizontally on the floor to being vertical? I swear those things are for cats anyway haha, can't imagine cats playing with them vertically

ReputationRep:
    Was the reason for high temps in order to provide enough kinetic energy to overcome any repulsive forceS?
    Yep I stated that high temperatures and densities mean higher kinetic energies so that the repulsive forces can be overcome and fusion can be forced

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean they said horizontal from the start?:confused:
    I think they said horizontal when they introduced the question, but when it went to part be they stateed that it was vertical :yep:

ReputationRep:
    are you sure?

Yeah they did say something like that, it was like;

"For a black body radiator of temperature T with maximum wavelength intensity (lander), the frequency is proportional to:"

Also almost got the first multiple choice question wrong, haha, changed it at the end though.

I couldn't tell if I was nervous or hot, but this was the first exam where I was sweating, it was damn hot yesterday.

For the multiple choice question about the flux being 4 times greater for X than Y, was it that Y was twice as far as X?

For the question about the air in the lung and the mass transferred per second - For the question about energy used per second to heat the air, did anyone get something like 2.2J per second?

ReputationRep:
    yeah but for the answer i put 2.2W because it said rate of energy supplied

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mberry1)
    yeah, I did mention that and told w=qv and all that for that part.

ReputationRep:

In case anyone else was curious.. :woo:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.