Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse' watch

ReputationRep:
    seemed okay i thought , or at least i hope ... the only question i didnt do was number 11 about the mouse thing but i was finishing it as we were told to put pens down =/ should get 2/5 i hope though hoping for a A ... what is the likelihood on getting the paper online? so we can get an unofficial mark scheme going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamo1991)
    seemed okay i thought , or at least i hope ... the only question i didnt do was number 11 about the mouse thing but i was finishing it as we were told to put pens down =/ should get 2/5 i hope though hoping for a A ... what is the likelihood on getting the paper online? so we can get an unofficial mark scheme going
    Unlikely. But someone from this thread said that they will try to get the paper. We will have to wait and see :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    Unlikely. But someone from this thread said that they will try to get the paper. We will have to wait and see :yep:
    fair enoughh ... i would have been able to ask my teacher but he's one of those types who is like, its pointless going over an exam because you can't change anything, and will just end up kicking yourself, .... which i suppose is true xD

ReputationRep:
    It was the bestttt exam! I can love physics again yayy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamo1991)
    fair enoughh ... i would have been able to ask my teacher but he's one of those types who is like, its pointless going over an exam because you can't change anything, and will just end up kicking yourself, .... which i suppose is true xD
    Yup. I'm already kicking myself over minor mistakes

ReputationRep:
    I know edexcel want us to 'Apply our knowledge to knew situations' (Because the government wants us to?) But did anyone feel that the song question was just pathetic.... It wasn't hard but it was a stupid way that they try and get you to apply your knowledge - Why not just ask us the questions normally ._.;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus92)
    Are you posting it today?
    I am very sorry - I had it ready to post a earlier today but a computer crash caused a few problems.

Also, tonight was my school prom so I had to go and did not have time to try to fix it. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonzky)
    I am very sorry - I had it ready to post a earlier today but a computer crash caused a few problems.

Also, tonight was my school prom so I had to go and did not have time to try to fix it. Sorry.
    thats fair enough ... hopefully we can get it soon, if not, no worries

ReputationRep:

No probs, try and post it earlier as possible.

ReputationRep:
    I will post paper on Monday if it is not up. Can't do it sooner as I grabbed all the overtime I could at work and so am there all day until next week :P!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skannan.91)
    in MCQ for the HR diagram it is white dwarf is smaller and hotter than sun because the other 2 options just said giant stars, nothing specific e.g. red giants, super giants.

for the question about how radio acticvity can be detected, i put that electron can travel through your body and Am emits electron, it can be detected using electric field.

for the fraction part i got 1/8

so for the activity, i just divided the initial activity by 8, as the initial amount would have decreased by a 1/8 in 24 hrs.

for the parallax question, i put the measurements are used to calculate distance and it is used to calculate the angle the star moves through,

for the diagram i drew the one in the book but i am not sure if I put all the labels on.

for another method i put standard candles can be used.

for the question about the lungs, the assumption i put was N(number of molecules) and temperature was constant, but now i think its N is constant and air is an ideal gas, looking at the revision guide there is an equation for fixed mass which can be use to calculate new T,P or V and that says 3 of them can change.

the rate of energy transfer i got 2.2W.

for the question about nuclear fusion, i got 5.6 MeV.

for the conditions needed for fusion, i put high temp. and density to overcome repulsive force of the +vely charged nuclei.

there was a question about circular motion, it was mainly show that question and asked you to work out the mass of earth i got something like 5.998.., so i put 6.0*10^24 Kg.

for the question where it asked about redshift and the inferences made by hubble, i quoted the formula for Z, and said its a measure of spread of frequency and hubble found out large redshifts mean the objects are far away from us and moving away from us.

the song part was annoying, i got hubble constant to be 2.34*10^-18

for the question about why we can never get a true value for the age of universe, i quoted the lines in the song and basically said universe formed a very long time so evidence is not available.

For the last question the first part was easy i wrote resonance and when driving freq.=natural freq.

for the velocity calculation i got something like 0.18ms-1

you also had to mark points on the graph,

x-when displacement is max., so it should be when velocity is 0.
    y-when acceleration is 0, so that should be when velocity is maximum.

the last part was so annoying-tuned mass dampers.

i said that damper will also oscillate at the resonant frequency when the bridge does so, because it is tuned to that frequency, and energy from the oscillations of the bridge will be transferred to the damper, the damper then dissipates the energy.
    i would appreciate if anyone makes comment on my answer and say if you agree with me or point out the mistakes i made thank you.

ReputationRep:
    can someone also tell me how many marks do you think i will get.

BTW, i need a A in physics to goto imperial college London to do EEE (electrical and electronic engineering)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/33772478/P...l-Unit-5-Try-2

Edit - This is the fixed version now.

Unit 5 is up, Unit 4 will come later.
    Ill also be making a thread for both the papers (So its easier for people to get to them), but I guess the discussions should stay here.

Edit.
    Skannan:
    I also applied for EEE (firmed with UCL). Shame maths went terribly otherwise I may have had a chance.

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if its only for me but when viewing it half of the odd pages are whited over (some glitch in the website and download it and the problem goes)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/33772119/P...Edexcel-Unit-5
    Ill also be making a thread for both the papers (So its easier for people to get to them), but I guess the discussions should stay here.

Edit.
    Skannan:
    I also applied for EEE (firmed with UCL). Shame maths went terribly otherwise I may have had a chance.
    thanks a lot:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/33772119/P...Edexcel-Unit-5

Edit.
    Skannan:

Nice one, thanks for posting the paper

ReputationRep:
    I am not sure if its only for me but when viewing it half of the odd pages are whited over (some glitch in the website and download it and the problem goes)
    All of the pages are blank for me

But thanks anyway :woo:

ReputationRep:

Yeah i noticed that aswell, is there anything you can do?

ReputationRep:
    just download it as a pdf and its perfect.....you should see a green download button

ReputationRep:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/33772478/P...l-Unit-5-Try-2
    Hopefully it should be better now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2015

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.