The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse'

Scroll to see replies

lefneosan
Is C the answer to 2?

D is.
Well I definitely got 12 b ii) wrong, I read to need read question thoroughly! That's my problem >_<
lefneosan
Is C the answer to 2?

No its D.
Sasukekun
Well I definitely got 12 b ii) wrong, I read to need read question thoroughly! That's my problem >_<

What did you do wrong?
Reply 1144
hey can anyone tell me the answer to question 10 please? ... and is there an 'unofficial' mark scheme?
Jamo1991
hey can anyone tell me the answer to question 10 please? ... and is there an 'unofficial' mark scheme?

the answer is B, since its inversely proptional.

Any other quesstions to discuss guys?
Reply 1146
Someone post the paper on here please. I'm too lazy to sign up and download it :facepalm2:
Reply 1147
Pegasus92
the answer is B, since its inversely proptional.

Any other quesstions to discuss guys?

damn closely related questions :frown: ... ah well i think i got 8 maybe 9 on the MCQ's so thats okay ..... what about question 17 C all 3 parts, the bits about the song basically

sorry to be a pest, but thats the only question which nobody has given a definitive answer to :smile:
Reply 1148
JayAyy
Someone post the paper on here please. I'm too lazy to sign up and download it :facepalm2:

i would but i dont know how to =/ .... i also don't know how to do two quotes in one post so please excuse the double post :smile:
Jamo1991
damn closely related questions :frown: ... ah well i think i got 8 maybe 9 on the MCQ's so thats okay ..... what about question 17 C all 3 parts, the bits about the song basically

sorry to be a pest, but thats the only question which nobody has given a definitive answer to :smile:

I too like to discuss questions.
For the first part I wrote abt what is light year, so basically stating that means it is equivalent to the distance travelled by it.
part 2 was calculation
part 3, I talked abt H has great uncertanity due to astrnomical distances have great uncertamity therefore the time also has great uncertanity so they are only guesses.
My answers are also guesses.
What did you write?
Reply 1150
Pegasus92
I too like to discuss questions.
For the first part I wrote abt what is light year, so basically stating that means it is equivalent to the distance travelled by it.
part 2 was calculation
part 3, I talked abt H has great uncertanity due to astrnomical distances have great uncertamity therefore the time also has great uncertanity so they are only guesses.
My answers are also guesses.
What did you write?

Part 1: something about the observable universe will be as old as how far the light has travelled in its life time... except i wrote it in better english :P

Part 2 the calculation i hope i got right

Part 3: i did the same as you, i said hubble's constant is uncertain because of the distances used to work it out have a lot of uncertainty in them too so the errors add up making the constant only an estimate

so thats promising ... i like your answer to part one better than mine ,... but part 3 is the same so :smile:
Jamo1991
Part 1: something about the observable universe will be as old as how far the light has travelled in its life time... except i wrote it in better english :P

Part 2 the calculation i hope i got right

Part 3: i did the same as you, i said hubble's constant is uncertain because of the distances used to work it out have a lot of uncertainty in them too so the errors add up making the constant only an estimate

so thats promising ... i like your answer to part one better than mine ,... but part 3 is the same so :smile:

Any other questions to discuss?
kosy91
heyyyyyyyyyyy

i have been sooo busy fater the exams. i went to school today, first thing in the morning, and gave back ALL the text-books i had. i mean, my room was literally full of them!!!

i have gone through your posts, and i agree with oyur take on this exam. this paper LOOKED easy. but in essence it was NOT. it had a lot of tricks tbh...and there was soo much explanantion.

i think i did ok-ish. well yes, i have dropped too many marks in MCQ and explanations

lets see what happens. I really want a very strong UMS in this to cover up my lack-lustre performance in Unit6 (intl. alternative)

cheers

Haha,i can imagine how your room was. :lol:

It is nice that you borrow the books.That protects the environment.:yep:

I am sure you did fine.I did unit 6 too.:yep:
havinghoops
Bath hopefully. I need an A in both Maths and Physics though, and I go to a school where hardly anyone passes maths/physics, nevermind gets an A in them. So I am very nervous :P!

If not, Surrey.

What about you fredbraty?

Dont worry,its not that hard to get an A with the low boundaries.:smile:

I will go to Imperial,hopefully.:biggrin:
fredbraty
Haha,i can imagine how your room was. :lol:

It is nice that you borrow the books.That protects the environment.:yep:

I am sure you did fine.I did unit 6 too.:yep:

Downloaded the paper?
Pegasus92
How much are you all getting?

Pegasus what am i hearing?Unofficial mark scheme???????
Where?????:eek: :eek:
fredbraty
Pegasus what am i hearing?Unofficial mark scheme???????
Where?????:eek: :eek:

not the marking the paper!
Reply 1157
I also wrote the same as you guys for part 3. But I think we were supposed to talk about how calculating the age of the universe from 1/H is assuming a constant rate of expansion, and how gravitational forces have slowed the expansion down, and maybe a bit about dark matter and dark energy.

Anyway, we might get 1 or 2 marks out of 3.
Pegasus92
What did you do wrong?

Aha basically I can't read. It says;

'Doctors wish to prescribe a sample of I-131 of activity 1.5 MBq. The sample is prepared exactly 25 hours before it is due to be swallowed by the patient. Calculate the activity that the sample should have when it is prepared'.

Basically I thought it said it had an activity of 1.5 MBq when it's prepared, calculate the activity of the sample when it is prescribed (so the activity would have decreased).

But it says it had 1.5 MBq when it's prescribed...I should have worked out what the activity was 24 hours before this >_<.
Xtian
I also wrote the same as you guys for part 3. But I think we were supposed to talk about how calculating the age of the universe from 1/H is assuming a constant rate of expansion, and how gravitational forces have slowed the expansion down, and maybe a bit about dark matter and dark energy.

Anyway, we might get 1 or 2 marks out of 3.

for which question do you talk about?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending