The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Physics Unit 5 'Physics from Creation to Collapse'

Scroll to see replies

Sasukekun
Well K.E is going to be maximum when velocity is maximum, which is when the object is at the midpoint. K.E will be zero when velocity is zero, which is at maximum displacement. Potential Energy = mgh, so it'll be at a minimum when there is no change in height which is at the equilibrium position.

ah thats clever trhanks
Reply 1241
Sasukekun
Why is it on every exam paper topic someone always tells us to stop talking about it... -_-. We want to talk about it, that's the whole point of the thread, it'll ease our worrying while waiting for results day.

i agree with u !
Reply 1242
fredbraty
awww!!!!!thank you thank you. :yep: :smile:

How did you do at the exam?:smile:

no problem :smile: ermm i think 60 at least, but i may be being kind to myself i dunoo :rolleyes: but i would be so happy with that i need 109 UMS for an A but i re-sat unit 4 which i think went well too, so i hope i can get it :smile: (<---- sorry for the life story lmao :p: )

How about you?
Jonzky
http://www.scribd.com/doc/33772478/Physics-Edexcel-Unit-5-Try-2

Edit - This is the fixed version now.

Unit 5 is up, Unit 4 will come later.
Ill also be making a thread for both the papers (So its easier for people to get to them), but I guess the discussions should stay here.

Edit.
Skannan:
I also applied for EEE (firmed with UCL). Shame maths went terribly otherwise I may have had a chance.

what is your offer and what grades do you think you are going to get?
Jamo1991
no problem :smile: ermm i think 60 at least, but i may be being kind to myself i dunoo :rolleyes: but i would be so happy with that i need 109 UMS for an A but i re-sat unit 4 which i think went well too, so i hope i can get it :smile: (<---- sorry for the life story lmao :p: )

How about you?

Well,the super minimum grade i could get is 60/80.
I just need 75/100 for each A2 module.:smile:
You mean 90/120 fredbraty? ^
Doughboy
You mean 90/120 fredbraty? ^

:yep:
fredbraty
Hey all!!!!!!!!!!!

FULL ANSWERS Unofficial Mark Scheme For Physics Unit 5,June 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yep:

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/33797316/Unit-5-Unofficial-Mark-Scheme

thanks for the mark scheme fredbraty, i agree with all your answers except this one,

Q17) H0 = 1/(12*(3.15*10^16))=2.65*10^-18

you missed of the 12.
skannan.91
thanks for the mark scheme fredbraty, i agree with all your answers except these ones,

Q10) F is inversely proportional to the square of distance so it can't be option B, it has to be A,

and Q12 b ii) a=a0 e^-lambda t,
lambda = (ln 2)/8 so lamda*t=24*ln(2)/8
therefore A0 = A*e^lambda t
=1.5*8
= 12 MBq

10. B says proportional, not inversely proportional. Or if that's not what you missed, then the question is asking for the incorrect statement :p:
Jamo1991
http://www.scribd.com/doc/33782843

tell me of any changes i should make

jamo i agree with your answers thanks for mark scheme.
LetoKynes
10. B says proportional, not inversely proportional. Or if that's not what you missed, then the question is asking for the incorrect statement :p:

thanks for correcting me i thought the question was asking which one was correct,so i said A was correct,

the exam board trick u all the time, i have only realised the question 11 about the mouse says horizontal in part a and then says vertical in part b

and the question about the medical tracer, it uses days in part b and then uses hours as unit of time in part c

edexcel physics is so annoying, when your in exam stress you miss out these key details.
Reply 1251
skannan.91
jamo i agree with your answers thanks for mark scheme.

hey no problem :smile: thanks for the feedback :smile: ... i was scared i was gunna put the mark scheme up and everybody would just be like, nope they're all wrong sorry jamo :P xD
skannan.91
thanks for the mark scheme fredbraty, i agree with all your answers except this one,

Q17) H0 = 1/(12*(3.15*10^16))=2.65*10^-18

you missed of the 12.

:yep: :yep: you are correct!
We already said that it was wrong in another thread,probably you missed it.:wink:
How did you do?
fredbraty
:yep: :yep: you are correct!
We already said that it was wrong in another thread,probably you missed it.:wink:
How did you do?

i realised now i missed lots of marks because the question were worded tricky, like q11 b i didn't read the vertical bit, if i did i would have used a=9.81

the radioactivity question, they use different units for time in different part of the question, so i messed that up.

oh well the exams are i think i will 60 or above. hopefully thats more than an A. i am guessing A is going to be 54-56, somewhere around there.
skannan.91
i realised now i missed lots of marks because the question were worded tricky, like q11 b i didn't read the vertical bit, if i did i would have used a=9.81

the radioactivity question, they use different units for time in different part of the question, so i messed that up.

oh well the exams are i think i will 60 or above. hopefully thats more than an A. i am guessing A is going to be 54-56, somewhere around there.

same here
Reply 1255
anyone know if unit 4 is posted up as well or not?
dimi3
anyone know if unit 4 is posted up as well or not?

Not posted yet.
I'm posting the paper in 3 days.
Doughboy
I'm posting the paper in 3 days.

Are you sure?
Why not today?
thanks anyhow:smile:
Reply 1259
I'll have forgotten my answers in 3 days time...

Quick Reply

Latest