Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    OK, I still don't get it though.

Dude, you are totally gonna rock this exam
    Go through the gel eltrophoresis process and the earlier parts describing introns, micro and mini satellites......in the student book.....i guess that would help!

I'm not good @ explaining things !!:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandook)
    okie ppl just created a rapidshare account for this; i hope am not late :P

http://rapidshare.com/files/38845533...rophoresis.swf

goodluck everyone
    Awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Awesome
    i hope it clears stuff

ReputationRep:
    ppl sos spirometer!!!!!!! i wana make sure when u inhale it goes down when u exhale it goes up and i didnt really quet get the calibration part

ReputationRep:
    ppl sos spirometer!!!!!!! i wana make sure when u inhale it goes down when u exhale it goes up and i didnt really quet get the calibration part
    I don't get what your asking. Maybe rephrase it. Calm down man

I have a horrible feeling that this annoying spirometer practical will come (I don't get it!).

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhh am stressing so bad u know the sketch graph for the spirometer ... when it goes up what does it represent?

ReputationRep:
    i think this site is sexy
    http://www.practicalbiology.org/area...on,94,EXP.html
    i just started reading it

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhh am stressing so bad u know the sketch graph for the spirometer ... when it goes up what does it represent?
    When you breathe OUT (put air INTO the chamber) it goes up. Breathe in (take air OUT of chamber), it goes down. That's what I think...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all of you. You have no idea how much this thread has helped me♥ Although I still feel unprepared! Hope we all do well. Good luck everyone!

ReputationRep:
    anyone has the examiners report for 2010 jan ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangeism)
    hey guys! any tips on what to revise for in this paper? i'm still in the dark on what to study and the paper is in 3 weeks!
    just had the paper. kill me!

ReputationRep:
    Lalala

>:[

ReputationRep:
    So guys how was the exam i found it a bit hard especially the invesstigation i really got confused in the planning part :confused: wht did u guys write for the planning part

ReputationRep:
    ya same here erythin waz fine bt da planing part waz a bit confusin.....
    i plan da whole thing in an open field, divide in 2 many small areaz(10) then in each area sown seeds with diff. distance and sum **** lyk this..cant remember any more..
    u??

ReputationRep:
    hey guyz how waz da paper??
    wat did ur write 4 da plannin part?

ReputationRep:
    the paper was pretty ok. Didnt expect the first Q to come!

ReputationRep:
    did any one choose varying distances for the planning or only near and far and what statistical test did u choose

ReputationRep:
    It was a pretty ok paper the first question was unexpected but with a bit of logic i think i figured it out without remembering any specifics of the experiment from AS. I made a mess of the easiest question with the means. Apparently i did a numerical mistake and found wrong numbers for my means hence the bar charts i did were wrong. Do you think there will be a follow-through marking and i won't loose ALL the marks?

ReputationRep:
    wht did u write for the planning

ReputationRep:
    for the planning i did a random sampling test with quadrats and compared the heights of plants which indicated growth with the distance between them and then made a correlation between the two at the end. Though the "means" I'm referring to which i found the wrong values are not in the 3rd question but in the 2nd question with the number of red blood cells, and i was wondering if they'd cut marks from my graph as well besides the loosing of 2 marks for the values of the means from before or will they follow-through with my values and won't penalize my graph?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.