Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Don't waste your time on wiggle matching -_-
    Why do you think it's not important?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Do i have to define an ecosystem as: Life-supporting environment including all the living organisms which interact together, the nutrients that cycle through the system and the physical and chemical environment in which the organisms are living.
    Or is defining it as the network of habitats and communities of organisms associated
    with them a sufficient definition?

Other than that, how is revision going for everyone?

ReputationRep:
    yeah, they always ask to define ecological terms, grrr...

ReputationRep:
    I like the second definition better [you can actually formulate it from basic Biological knowledge instead of cram it].

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the January 2010 6BIO4 Question Paper ?
    A link would be great !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samydude)
    Does anyone have the January 2010 6BIO4 Question Paper ?
    A link would be great !
    Past papers thread ma boiiii

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dear

ReputationRep:
    Where'd everyone go :O

ReputationRep:
    Where'd everyone go :O
    Im still here .
    So... how has revision been going for you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a break from everything else.

Focusing on C4 and M2! o_o

After Friday [M2] all hell will break loose. I have BIO4, PH04 and C4 V_V

ReputationRep:
    wow, good luck.
    I'm sort of done with unit 4, but revision will last forever.
    I got C4 and PHy04 too

ReputationRep:
    Sorry but where is it : ( ?

ReputationRep:
    hmm,is it better to do the edexcel textbook questions or PAST PAPERS(the horror)..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nearing Insanity)
    hmm,is it better to do the edexcel textbook questions or PAST PAPERS(the horror)..?
    Past papers! The edexcel textbook questions are fairly easy. But if you have time do both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dime_piece)
    Past papers! The edexcel textbook questions are fairly easy. But if you have time do both.
    hmm..which years should be the the best to start with and what units?
    all the questions related to our syllabus are spread throughout all the units..its soo confusing

the questions in the textbook are not thaat easy,some are like directly related to whats required in the specification

ReputationRep:
    hmm..which years should be the the best to start with and what units?
    all the questions related to our syllabus are spread throughout all the units..its soo confusing

the questions in the textbook are not thaat easy,some are like directly related to whats required in the specification
    Errm the site is down at the moment (i'll look at it again when its working) but i went through the old spec to see which units to do.

I (personally) feel that i have answered most of the textbook questions in my revision notes & know most of them + most of the question ask me to draw a table/sketch/produce a large diagram. Plus the i prefer something i can mark easily (lazy i know:p:).
    Textbook question are useful but past papers are better (more application rather than recalling knowledge!)

ReputationRep:
    Are we suppose to learn the Viral life cycles and Bacteria reproduction. The specification doesn't say so.

ReputationRep:
    im really confused,i hope someone can help me out..
    i dont understand "describe how evolution can come about through gene mutations and natual selections?"

the textbook explanation is too lengthy,could someone just explain this to me please!
    thanking you in advance!

ReputationRep:
    im really confused,i hope someone can help me out..
    i dont understand "describe how evolution can come about through gene mutations and natual selections?"

the textbook explanation is too lengthy,could someone just explain this to me please!
    thanking you in advance!
    Evolution is a change in allele frequency. If there is a mutation which results in an advantageous feature, the frequency for that gene will increase as the individuals with that feature will survive & reproduce. If the feature is disadvantageous its allele frequency will decrease and eventually be removed as the individuals with the feature will not survive & reproduce.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dear
    Did you find the BIO4 jan paper, if so could you post a link for it?
    I really can't seem to find it anywhere
    Thanks x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.