Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clearly Confused (:)
    Did you find the BIO4 jan paper, if so could you post a link for it?
    I really can't seem to find it anywhere
    Thanks x

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=488

ReputationRep:
    Have people completed their revision for this paper?? How prepared is everyone feeling?? Any ideas on what edexcel may be throwing at us???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minz123)
    Have people completed their revision for this paper?? How prepared is everyone feeling?? Any ideas on what edexcel may be throwing at us???
    Yes i have completed revision:woo: , i feel fairly prepared (but you can never be prepared for an Edexcel biology exam), I have absolutely no idea what they will through at us (i guess we just need to be prepared for anything :p: and know how to apply our knowledge to an unknown question like cow purification . What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Can some explain to me the codes and practice put into hospitals to prevent HAIs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Can some explain to me the codes and practice put into hospitals to prevent HAIs?
    Errm do you mean: not wearing long ties/wristwatches/long sleves which can act as formites. & Using alcohol gel between patients/Isolating patients so it doesnt spread & erm ... making sure that sick visitors do not come to the hospital.

ReputationRep:

Antibiotics shouldn't be prescribed for minor bacterial infections or viral infections.

No antibiotics should be used to prevent infections.

Use narrow spectrum antibiotics- specific to that infection.

Rotate the use of different antibiotics

Patients should finish their antibiotic course, to clear infections completely.

From the CGP book .. I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dime_piece)
    Yes i have completed revision:woo: , i feel fairly prepared (but you can never be prepared for an Edexcel biology exam), I have absolutely no idea what they will through at us (i guess we just need to be prepared for anything :p: and know how to apply our knowledge to an unknown question like cow purification . What about you?
    :no: Well I've got 4 exams this week and not sure that I'm completely prepared for any of them... I think I've completed revision but there always seem to be a question which makes me think otherwise... its times like these that I really do wish I had a better memory!!! BTW... cow purification???? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think he/she meant cow pat putrefaction...

It showed up in January 2010 (how ammonia or something is produced through decomposition).

ReputationRep:
    I think he/she meant cow pat putrefaction...

It showed up in January 2010 (how ammonia or something is produced through decomposition).
    lol thats the one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just read through the entire Topic 6 Chapter (infection and immunity). It feels good, but it sucks when I fail at the questions...

ReputationRep:
    Ecology is the big screwup for me, rest is all memorizing.

ReputationRep:
    Well I hate memorising...

ReputationRep:
    anyone got june 2009 paper for bio 4?
    cant seem to find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reem02)
    anyone got june 2009 paper for bio 4?
    cant seem to find it
    Pretty sure January was the first paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minz123)
    There are some pretty big gaps in the spec that were not in the January paper; so while I agree with what someone else said and you have to prepare for anything I reckon that -

- Energy Transfer - they always like to throw a calculation at you and this didn't come up in January
    - Speciation
    - Calvin Cycle, there was little on the Jan paper on photosynthesis full stop, so this has looks possible
    - More global warming maybe? Exam boards like to be seen as contemporary
    - Time of death indicators
    - Passive / Active Immunity

Off the top of my head anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RTom)
    Pretty sure January was the first paper.
    really?... so we got only one new spec paper to practice?
    lol

ReputationRep:
    really?... so we got only one new spec paper to practice?
    lol
    and the specimen paper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angelikgrrl)
    and the specimen paper.
    could you please post the link to the specimen paper please.
    thank you in advance ^^

ReputationRep:
    could you please post the link to the specimen paper please.
    thank you in advance ^^
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=488

All the credit goes to Doughboy

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I didn't make any past paper or specimen. All credit goes to Edexcel m'dear

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.