Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doughboy)
    Those amazing marks! You should resit anything. The only low one is 30/60 for 6B, but you don't have your final grade for it yet.

@pingu:
    1) non-specific: phagocytosis, engulf, endocytosis, lysozome fusing, phagocytic vacuole, digestion of engulfed pathogens etc

2) specific: engulfs pathogens by phagocytosis, processes antigens of pathogens, presents antigens [becomes an antigen presenting cell], binds to and activates T Cells, binds to B Cells.

GOD GOD GOD. I'm so worried about this mother-effing paper
    Thanks dude...and good luck..

I hope they don't give general graph reading crap ; and actually test some knowledge....

ReputationRep:
    I guess graph interpretation is quite easy and so can earn some marks here!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pingu09)

If anyone wants a quick look, unit 4 examiners report;
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/29420796/E...miner-s-Report
    Ah, you linked to the one I posted on Scribd! Good to see people are getting help from it!

ReputationRep:
    That's what we thought but in our first ever A2 practical paper [written alt] we got beetroot!

The most unexpected! In both my unit 7 (june'09) and unit 8 I got beetroot!:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Well, how do we determine the age of peat bog?......by flooding records, or carbon dating or what?

ReputationRep:
    Carbon dating. That's what I learnt.

ReputationRep:
    May I know if anyone get the paper for unit 4 in 2009? Or there was no exam for 6BI04 in June 2009?? I'm unable to find the paper on net!! D:

ReputationRep:
    That's cause January 2010 was the first time the paper was tested, mate

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    i was pretty frightened that i would missed out any pastpapers!!

ReputationRep:
    That's what we thought but in our first ever A2 practical paper [written alt] we got beetroot!
    lol, ya! some of my friends actually looked back at the front cover to check if we had got the right paper!

ReputationRep:
    only 17 hours more for this paper!! Good Luck, everyone!

ReputationRep:
    i would expect this exam to be easy considering the one in january was quite hard

ReputationRep:
    How do you calculate all that energy productivity stuff?!!!

Im feeling dizzy... so unprepared.

ReputationRep:
    GPP is the energy incorporated or taken in by plants. It's the rate of incorporation of energy of the plants. Some places say it's the rate of incorporation/synthesis of organic molecules into the plants. However, not all of this GPP is available to the next trophic level. Plants respire and need energy in metabolism, so some energy from GPP is used in plant respiration.

NPP is the rate of synthesis of [new] biomass in plans that is available to the next trophic level.

So, NPP is what's left back from GPP after plants respire. So NPP = GPP - R. Whatever is left back is stored as new tissue/plant biomass and primary consumers can now eat this.

Efficiency... it's the ratio of how much energy ACTUALLY taken in by the organism to how much energy is POTENTIALLY available. So if NPP was 10, but the energy stored/taken as tissue in primary consumers is 3 => then the efficiency of transfer from producers to primary consumers is 3/10 * 100 %. The 7 went to: respiration and movement of primary consumers, not all parts of plants were edible, not all parts of plants were digestible [indigestible parts passed out as faeces].

ReputationRep:
    GOD GOD GOD. I'm so worried about this mother-effing paper
    Know the feeling, just concerned that Edexcel could chuck something random at us at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified that they ask for specific AS things like drug trials, zoos, screening, gene therapy, GENETICS

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified that they ask for specific AS things like drug trials, zoos, screening, gene therapy, GENETICS
    Hmm, well you would hope :p: that whatever AS material that comes up will be directly related to the A2 specification. Plant fibres, taxonomy and natural selection fit in nicely.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I've seen that alot in the pastpapers i've done!

Quick question: do we need to know the cell mediated & humoral response OR know the roles of B cell & T cells?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well, whatever we have to know about B and T Cells is tied into cell mediated and humoral response, so why not?

ReputationRep:
    Me too Hate how it can be synoptic. Atleast I resat unit 2 so have some synoptic knowledge, but don't stand a chance if it's unit 1 stuff.

cell mediated and humoral response,
    ???

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.