Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm having trouble with my SAAS application. Should I apply for the following?:
    Full loan
    Tution Fees
    Young Person's Bursary

Sorry for the ignorance, I'm just confused is all.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LuhLah)
    Hi

I'm having trouble with my SAAS application. Should I apply for the following?:
    Full loan
    Tution Fees
    Young Person's Bursary

Sorry for the ignorance, I'm just confused is all.

Apply for what you want. Fees is the first thing, they are automatic.

The loan and the bursary (if you are under 25) are income assessed off your parent(s) income. So you will need to declare that on the form if you wish to be assessed for the bursary and the maximum loan.

If you don't declare parental income, the only loan you can get is the non income assessed one, which is currently £605/£915 depending if you live in you parents home or halls of residence/student flat etc.

Also, bursary you don't pay back, loan you do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.