Turn on thread page Beta

Who else is alone on V-day? watch

ReputationRep:
    Eurghh as if i didnt already feel depressed ..
    :lol: but i will be spending time later with the best friend, alcohol and a film so its not all that bad i guess :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Me! And I really don't care lol Saves me money :P

And there is no-one who I want to be with right now so I'm just enjoying my sunday

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, stop complaining about being alone on Valentine's day. Complain about being alone in general if you want, but "V-day" is nothing but a trick by the souvenir gift industry.

ReputationRep:
    Me, seriously why do people care?

ReputationRep:
    I'm spending today with my new puppy Charlie

Things could be worse I guess!

ReputationRep:
    i hate this day!!! so I'm spending all day alone in bed watching titanic and mock the week, good times!!!

ReputationRep:
    You don't have to do stuff on VDay you know people...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blonde-beth)
    im not, im with my favourite guys... ben, jerry and the england rugby team
    :coma:

I have the team, I have no form of confectionery :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by golder)
    Sunday is a family day so I'm just gonna chill with the family but half of the them are out for V-day....uhh

So who else is alone on V-day?
    i am

ReputationRep:
    Spent the early morning 'til not long ago in the Peak District with a friend. Back, and going to do some work, even if it's not coursework :p:

Haven't been single on Valentine's Day for a while; it's quite relaxing as everybody's gone home for the weekend!

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I'm not bothered by it. I went out for my friend's birthday last night and had an awesome night.

Now I'm doing all of my pre reading for the week's lectures. In bed. In my pyjamas. With hot buttered crumpets. Yeah.

I hate how people get so bothered by this holiday, whether you've had someone to share it with before or not its overrated. I had someone last year for Valentine's day but that was the only time I've been with someone on the day. YET BEFORE THAT I was was not bothered by spending the day alone at all.

Words of advice to anyone moping: Don't mope over something you don't have. You aren't going to change anything. Just treat it like a normal day and maybe avoid romantic places and couples for the day.

On the 15th February, shop displays will be littered with Easter bunnies and eggs anyway

ReputationRep:
    Ok. I'm alone on Valentines Day, my boyfriend and I have fallen out , he can't be arsed to come up, and I'm stuck here bymyself with tonsillitus and I feel like I would probably faint if I tried to walk to find a chemist thats open. Oh and facebook tells me my accounts been hacked into twice overnight. Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    I'm spending it with the FA Cup

ReputationRep:
    I am, but I'm going to town with some friends for Chinese New Year. Apparently there's going to be a dragon/lion dance thing (what's the difference? i've always been confused) which I've never seen, so that should be good.

Makes more sense celebrating a new year than having one day in a year where you shove red roses in front of your gf anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    This thread is so depressing...
    :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    I'm celebrating Chinese new year instead. It doesn't matter that I'm not Chinese, shhh

ReputationRep:
    I'm single, and all my friends and family are miles away.

Trapped in my room cause my housemate has 3 of her smelly friends living on my couches.

So all in all a pretty miserable day.

ReputationRep:
    One more Valentine's Day thread and I'm going to start killing people.

ReputationRep:
    Wanted to confess to some girl i admire but have not seen her on the last day when i thought i had the chance..

Pretty gutted to be honest, i think she's threw in the towel now, now i've caught it, its my turn.

One of my flatmates, cheerleader i live with...speending her day in her room, rather depressing idea. I guess cheerleaders should quit going for rugby players

ReputationRep:
    Me, it doesn't really matter. Valentine's Day is just another example of how consumerism is making life all that bit more expensive and sh*t

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.