Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you added your parents on facebook???? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you added your parents on facebook???
    Yes
    38.49%
    No
    23.03%
    I am going to..
    2.63%
    I never will
    46.71%

ReputationRep:
    I rejected my dad's request, he can see through my sister if hes really interested

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't. But with the new security settings you can hide your tagged photos from certain people, so I guess it wouldn't be too bad.

ReputationRep:
    Mine don't have FB but i would add them. I don't put anything i wouldn't want them seeing anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My mum added me, but she and most of my family are on limited profile.

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably never see the light of day again if I did.

ReputationRep:
    No, but some of my mates have added their parents.

ReputationRep:
    No way, my profile became open once when facebook changed the privacy settings, and in the brief time my profile was open to everyone my mum started scouring every little thing on my profile to find out every little thing about me, complete invasion of privacy. There's no way I'd let her get full access to my profile, there's too many things I like to keep between me and friends :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've added cousins, uncles, aunts, second cousins, brother, sister, great aunts.
    Parents = no.

EDIT: When I say I've added them, I mean accepted their friend request.

ReputationRep:
    Yeahh my dad :lol: but i know he doesnt go on there much and he already knows half the stuff i get upto :rolleyes: the other stuff stays secret i love you limited preveiw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lack of Creativity)
    I'd probably never see the light of day again if I did.
    I'm with you

ReputationRep:
    Yeah both. My mum spies on me :p: But I don't really have anything that I don't tell her anyway haha :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Well, she added me. They're in the "Untrusted" group who can't see or do anything with my Facebook profile, but means that I don't seem rude not adding them.

ReputationRep:
    No, mine don't have it - they barely know how to use the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, my dear mother created a facebook account a few months ago and tried adding her children.

All 4 of us promptly blocked her.

She deleted the account.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)
    Some people are very protective of their privacy:rolleyes:
    If they are so protective of their privacy then why do they use facebook and share things with other people? Parents aren't stupid they know what most teenagers are like..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katierattray)
    If they are so protective of their privacy then why do they use facebook and share things with other people?
    Privacy is dynamic. Just because someone values their privacy does not mean they will keep everything private from everyone. I freely share some things with some people but not others.

I'd rather not have my parents/potential employers/strangers viewing all my photos and wall posts.

ReputationRep:
    aha ive added my whole family and some of my boyfriends
    im hardly going to announce anything that i dont want my family knowing, on a social networking site that the whole world can see :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've added them both I don't post anything I don't want them seeing on there.... although ocassionally drunken photos appear and be subsequently discussed during dinner or soemthing. But it's all very light-hearted.

My mum works at my school so most of my friends have added her, too.

ReputationRep:
    Luckily mine don't but if they did i would NEVER add them. Lets just say i've left some...inappropriate...messages on friends' profiles, and received some too. What if your girl/boyfriend started telling you MORE inappropriate things about stuff s/he wanted to do to you. I realise thats probably unlikely to get posted on your wall but STILL...

No.

Although she tried to add me last night.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.