Turn on thread page Beta

Have you added your parents on facebook???? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Have you added your parents on facebook???
    Yes
    38.49%
    No
    23.03%
    I am going to..
    2.63%
    I never will
    46.71%

ReputationRep:
    well they all added me :P now i've got my entire family clan on there (except grandparents)

ReputationRep:
    I have my Mum on mine, I swear she only uses it to stalk my profile and comment on just about every one of my status'. I don't really care though.

My Dad has a facebook account but doesn't even know how to add people as friends so there's no worries about him. :p:

ReputationRep:
    My dad added me and kept pestering until i accepted

How do you put people on limited profile (or even block them altogether )

EDIT: I think there should have been a "My parents added me" on the poll

ReputationRep:
    ye i have my mum added and she stalks me big time!
    She doesn't have that many friends on facebook so ALL of my posts come up on her news feed!! Not good...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my dad added me. I left it till my dad mentioned it to me while I was on till I accepted it. I'm careful of what I put on now....

ReputationRep:
    No, dear lord no. I only just added my brother after having it about 2 years.

ReputationRep:
    Lol... my parents don't even know what facebook is. :p:

Though I wouldn't add them even if they had it.

ReputationRep:
    I added my mum. She hardly uses it though. And my dad's not on there. I also have a couple of my sisters, and some cousins and aunts and uncles.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad has an account and I accepted his request, though he only joined to see a photo album I sent him and he is now considering deleting it as he doesn't understand the point of it. I don't mind my Dad seeing my facebook profile, though if my mum decided to start using it I may have to put her on limited profile to stop her from being too nosey!

HELLLLL no
    if my parents saw my facebook i'd kill myself

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I have my parents, my step parents, my dad's ex, three aunts and my gran :rolleyes: My mum keeps telling me to block my aunt, because apparently she stalks my profile and makes comments about it to her.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely no way

Having family on there means you have to think before you type which I don't always do :p:

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't have a FB.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my mum added me but I declined the request

ReputationRep:
    Neither of them have it, thank god. Mum hates any form of sharing your thoughts online, she goes on ten minute rants about twitter. No idea why my dad hasn't, his students made a fan page for him called '-- -------- is my hero', if people liked me that much I'd have joined up in seconds :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I have my mum and my nan on Facebook...

Oh, and I also have my nan on MSN.

ReputationRep:
    They added me. I don't mind, it'll be good when I leave to go to uni so I can keep in touch with them more easily

ReputationRep:
    My dad's probably the biggest technophobe in the world, so I've no fear of ever getting a friend request from him on Facebook. I did add my mum, but she seeing as how she hardly ever uses it, it has never really proven to be an issue for me.

No and I never will :p: I only have my cousins on my facebook and the rest of my family, including my siblings can f off.

ReputationRep:
    My mom thinks she's too old for fb and I'm not going to be the one to tell her that old people can have a profile too.
    If she did add me, I'd put her on limited profile or she'd stalk all my male friends to find me a bf. She's too nosey.

She used to join all kinds of things that I was on (forums etc) to make sure it was ok for me to be there. Luckily she's agreed that I'm old enough these days to take care of myself.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.