Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you added your parents on facebook???? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you added your parents on facebook???
    Yes
    38.49%
    No
    23.03%
    I am going to..
    2.63%
    I never will
    46.71%

ReputationRep:
    I guess everyon'es mOm is one facebook???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)
    Some people are very protective of their privacy:rolleyes:
    Have you seen Facebook's privacy policy? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    NOne of them want facebook lol
    plus im thinkin of leaving it

ReputationRep:
    My mum doesn't have facebook. My dad does and I have added him. And his girlfriend. Think it was even me who sent the friend requests lol.

I have no problem with - I've got nothing to hide and I'm not a child anymore so my dad can't control me/my life anyway. In fact, he actually wishes I did stuff I don't, like I don't go out and get drunk and he's said he wishes I did, lol.

ReputationRep:
    neither of mine use facebook but I probably would.

I've got my boyfriends parents added, which I think is probably worse than my own parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redanator)
    Have you seen Facebook's privacy policy? :rolleyes:
    Yes but I'm not talkin about their privacy policy,about our privacy policy

ReputationRep:
    I've got mine added.
    It's kind of weird when one of them says something like "So who's this Daniel then!? Why don't I know them?" :p:

But seriously, anything private should be said in messages anyway, not on your wall.

my mom knows password to my profile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BookWormShanti)
    yes. why not?
    This. It's a great way for parents to keep in contact with me.

Saying that, I'm quite lucky in that I know that both of my parents were more wild than me when they were at uni, so they can't judge me!

ReputationRep:
    No.

I don't even use facebook that much atm. Wouldn't matter to me either way tbh, but if there were anything they'd need to know, i'd rather tell them myself. rather than having them to find it out through some social networking site

They keep close to their blackberries. I guess thats enough
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Only my mum is on Facebook, but she never uses it and only has one friend. I haven't added her, but haven't added my sister either, even though she keeps telling me to.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately yes. Fortunately they're never on it.

ReputationRep:
    No email and phone does me fine whilst I'm away. My Dad added me and my sister. We both declined.

ReputationRep:
    My mum follows me on Twitter and vice versa. I don't really use FB much so I told her not to bother with it.

ReputationRep:
    NEVER! They did try to add me though.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Maybe another time, but not yet.

No, my rents have lives aka they are too busy to waste their time on facebook!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    my mom knows password to my profile
    Thats just weird.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. My mum doesn't want to add me either. She said she'd rather not know what I get up to at uni. Charming.

ReputationRep:
    My mum refuses point blank to have anything to do with social networking. I don't think she'd know where to start even if she DID want to, hahaha! Haven't added my dad either.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.