Turn on thread page Beta

Have you added your parents on facebook???? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you added your parents on facebook???
    Yes
    38.49%
    No
    23.03%
    I am going to..
    2.63%
    I never will
    46.71%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan3909)
    Have you???

No way......

ReputationRep:
    soz mum u got rejected...

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask, why are people so resilient to having their parents on fb? Like, most of you are adults now, surely?

ReputationRep:
    Nope my parents don't use it , If they did I think they'll be slightly shocked

ReputationRep:
    They added me, i was going to reject them, felt tight, added them. I forget they use it, i often put stuff on there that id rather they wouldnt know, usually about how i am going out, 10 minutes after my mum lends me some money.

ReputationRep:
    I added my mum and all of my mum's friends added me XD

I just post on my status ''staying at my BF's. Someone let mum know please''. It's the best way to let her know whats going on, as she is one of those mothers who never has her phone on XD

ReputationRep:
    My mum and my step-dad are on my facebook, but my crazy uni days are behind me so I'm not too worried about them seeing anything really.

ReputationRep:
    I have my mum added, but she never really uses Facebook anyway hahaha. I also have an aunt and an uncle friended on there, as well as some cousins.

ReputationRep:
    Nope and never will granted they would then have to get facebook which would never happen

ReputationRep:
    The Big NO

ReputationRep:
    My mum's not on facebook but I have my dad on there.

ReputationRep:
    Got my Dad, every now and then he'll put something embarrasing on my statusus which is a bit annoying.

ReputationRep:
    They're not on it but if they were I probably wouldn't they're nosy enough without me giving them a web page to encourage it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cadaeibfeceh)
    Yeah both of them but my mum's on limited profile
    everyone keeps talking about limited profile
    how do i do this?

ReputationRep:
    my parents don't use facebook...and i only have my sis on facebook and shes on ltd profile haha

ReputationRep:
    I go all cringey just thinking about her going through my pictures and scanning my wall!!!

ReputationRep:
    Not a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    Can I ask, why are people so resilient to having their parents on fb? Like, most of you are adults now, surely?
    Yeah, I want to know too. Nobody is saying why. I don't know what they could possibly be doing that they don't want them to know about :confused:

Parents were your age once, do you honestly think they didn't get up to the same things?

ReputationRep:
    I have my mum and aunt on there.

ReputationRep:
    No, my parents don't have facebook

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.