Turn on thread page Beta

Have you added your parents on facebook???? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you added your parents on facebook???
    Yes
    38.49%
    No
    23.03%
    I am going to..
    2.63%
    I never will
    46.71%

ReputationRep:
    Dear lord no.
    If they did...I'd be dead.
    Literally.

ReputationRep:
    Neither of them have it, but the other day my dad was like; "If i made a facebook would you be my friend?" And I said no, just to be controversial, although I probably would!!

ReputationRep:
    I had my step mum on limited profile. Then she messaged me and said "I'm going to remove you from my friends, as lets face it, this is rather one sided". I have my uncle and his wife and my cousins on limited profile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    No. She added me. She's on limited profile.
    Good un. Forgot about the ability to do that, I might use that against my parents if they ever join facebook and add me.
    Or I'll just decline :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, and I don't think I will. I already need to keep most of my cousins from my dad's side of the family on limited profile because if I let them see my full profile there would be a lot of awkward conversations that would need to take place, and also one of my uncles is violently homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    MY mum tried to add me. Instent decline, funny moment.

ReputationRep:
    Never!!! ....unthinkable!!

ReputationRep:
    Nobody (apart from one person up there, talking about his homophobic uncle) is saying why they don't want their parents on facebook... I'm genuinely curious about this, why is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    Nobody (apart from one person up there, talking about his homophobic uncle) is saying why they don't want their parents on facebook... I'm genuinely curious about this, why is it?
    People post stuff on facebook that they don't want their parents to find out.
    The following happened to a friend of mine:
    She was on a phone contract, went abroad and racked up a £300 phone bill. The account was set-up so that any money was taken out of her parents' account, hassel free.
    She posted about it on facebook; needless to say, her parents found out, and weren't too happy!

ReputationRep:
    I've got all of my aunts and uncles and even my grandma on fb (although gma is on limited viewing since she misinterpreted a friends post and went around telling everyone I'd been raped :facepalm:)

My mum tried to add me, and my brother has her added, but I've told her no. She doesn't need me on fb considering we live together. When I go to uni, I'll consider putting her on a limited profile...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chernij)
    People post stuff on facebook that they don't want their parents to find out.
    The following happened to a friend of mine:
    She was on a phone contract, went abroad and racked up a £300 phone bill. The account was set-up so that any money was taken out of her parents' account, hassel free.
    She posted about it on facebook; needless to say, her parents found out, and weren't too happy!
    And she really thinks that her parents aren't going to notice a £300 phone bill? It was her responsibility, if she's going to rack up that much of a phone bill, that her parents pay for, she should be prepared to face consequences - that's not facebook, or having her parents on facebook, it's her own stupidity that got her into trouble.

It just seems a bit immature to not let your parents on facebook, but I do want to hear reasons because as I've said, I'm genuinely interested in why people don't, hence why I asked.

ReputationRep:
    NO ARE YOU MAD!!!

and i never will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katierattray)
    I have added my Dad (my mum doesn't use facebook) I don't see why you wouldn't add your family on facebook I have most of my family on mine now.
    There are things on my facebook I would prefer my family not to see ;D

That's like inviting my family into my social life which I try my best to do the opposite :-P

ReputationRep:
    yep but theyre on my 'work' list so they cant see my drunken pictures

ReputationRep:
    Can someone tell me if its possible to block my parents seeing certain friends profiles, all I want to do is block my parents seeing where some are as I have some in the other end of the country and if they put "oh we had a great night with you last night, lets get pissed again soon" my parents would assume I have gone down there and give me a bit of a questioning, just because in the past I did a few last minute moves to other end of country without telling my parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halfoflessthan50p)
    yep but theyre on my 'work' list so they cant see my drunken pictures
    Ha, good plan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doodahdoo)
    And she really thinks that her parents aren't going to notice a £300 phone bill? It was her responsibility, if she's going to rack up that much of a phone bill, that her parents pay for, she should be prepared to face consequences - that's not facebook, or having her parents on facebook, it's her own stupidity that got her into trouble.

It just seems a bit immature to not let your parents on facebook, but I do want to hear reasons because as I've said, I'm genuinely interested in why people don't, hence why I asked.
    :dunno: Good point though.

ReputationRep:
    Hats off..

ReputationRep:
    None of them have facebook. Thank god...

ReputationRep:
    I added my Mum. But then she started commenting on things, and I deleted her

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.