Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Loughborough: #1 for best student experience for the last 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_...ng+and+Finance

Is Loughborough not better for your course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maximusbarr)
    http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/tol_...ng+and+Finance

Is Loughborough not better for your course?
    Well it's definitely very good- the only problem is that Aston is nowhere to be seen on that table which's one of the reasons I created this thread in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    Well it's definitely very good- the only problem is that Aston is nowhere to be seen on that table which's one of the reasons I created this thread in the first place.
    That is a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    That is a problem.
    yep, do you know anything about these two?

ReputationRep:
    yep, do you know anything about these two?
    Aston choka full of Asians. That's all I know sorry akhi.

Could you do my sig?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    Aston choka full of Asians. That's all I know sorry akhi.

Could you do my sig?
    lol Just did your sig. Im gonna make one of those, do mine when I do :cool: . EDIT: Actually forget that.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, Loughborough IMO is a brilliant university, its gradual rise in prestige is second to none, Aston is good but I don't think it is all that for accounting, I would say thumbs up to Lougborough. Aston's campus is atrocious!

ReputationRep:
    Well guys I have gotten offers of AAB from both these unis for Accounting and Management and Accounting and Financial Management respectively, both pretty much the same courses and I'am genuinely stuck on which university I should choose as my firm (East Anglia insurance btw).

Basically I really enjoy Cricket and Squash (play for county) and think Loughborough will be the best place to develop my game, my worry is however that I will be unable to get into the main squad. On the whole Loughborough seems to be very well liked by the students who attend but I've also heard rumours about it being a co** fest if you see what I mean. Also can someone possibly tell me if they're any halal shops on campus as I'am a Muslim.

Aston I've heard from friends is a "crummy", "industrial" university in the heart of Birmingham and some of the accommodation is *****. However Aston also seems to be well liked by the students who attend it.

Finally I'am the sort of asian who enjoys kinda Asian events and the company of fellow Asians if you know what I mean. I'am defo not afraid to integrate etc. but all of us enjoy the company of our own people if u see what I mean (so most Brits won't like to go to a uni 99% full of Indians etc.). How many Pakistanis, Indians etc. does Loughborough have?

The course seems to be very good at both unis tbh though I realise Aston probs has a better reputation for business.

I'd really appreciate some help and will +rep the best five responses over the next 5 days. Thank you .
    I do A&FM at Loughborough. It is one of the best A&F courses in the country, massive course, lots of people on it from a huge range of backgrounds; you will fit in fine on the course as well as in the uni as a whole.

Sport is second to none and you will love it here!

Don't worry about the main squad; there are countless teams in every sport at loads of different skill levels. Trust me there will be the perfect team for you in any sport.

As for girls; plenty of girls there for any guy who is interested. I don't really notice the number difference in fairness as A&FM is fairly well balanced though of course that is just my year and may be different in other years.

ReputationRep:
    They're equal in terms grad prospects. Both offer sandwich courses as compulsory afaik.

They're completely different otherwise. One is a campus university in the middle of nowhere. The other is a campus in the middle of the city. The result of this is that Aston student guild sucks, where as Loughborough's is very strong. However, that is due to Aston students going elsewhere into broad st, china town etc.

You need to visit both to decide

ReputationRep:
    So did you make your offer with A*AC??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    So did you make your offer with A*AC??
    wow how petty- I have a stalker. And yeah thanks I got into the uni I wanted to get into which has 86% graduate prospects and a high satisfaction rate. I'am not as intelligent as you so I didn't get into Harvard medical school or wherever. :no:

ReputationRep:
    wow how petty- I have a stalker. And yeah thanks I got into the uni I wanted to get into which has 86% graduate prospects and a high satisfaction rate. I'am not as intelligent as you so I didn't get into Harvard medical school or wherever. :no:
    Harvard med, you must be out of your mind. :o:

Congrats on getting into uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Harvard med, you must be out of your mind. :o:

Congrats on getting into uni!
    lol thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.