Turn on thread page Beta

Poll: how certain are you that your course is right for you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, because everyone seems so certain about their chosen degree! I'm still not even certain about mine (a bit late now of course but hey!). In September I changed from psychology to economics which i'm sure i'll love but how can one ever really know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    Just wondering, because everyone seems so certain about their chosen degree! I'm still not even certain about mine (a bit late now of course but hey!). In September I changed from psychology to economics which i'm sure i'll love but how can one ever really know?
    I orignally thought I wanted to do a mangement degree, but decided against it, and am now planning to do law next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I orignally thought I wanted to do a mangement degree, but decided against it, and am now planning to do law next year.
    AND YOUR REASON FOR THAT WAS?

ReputationRep:
    Before college I wanted to electronics but I am glad I have choosen computing now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggsy_123)
    AND YOUR REASON FOR THAT WAS?
    Cause of the way I felt. When I applied for management I felt that I had to do all the Ucas thing, I didn't really put much thought into my chosen degree. I was in my last year in college and I basically thought I would do well in Management, I glimpsed through some university prospectuses and choose Management. I rushed it, and didn't do it right. I only chose three universities too, they where, Manchester, UMIST and Bradford. But when I actually delved into the degree itself, it felt wrong for me, so thats why I am gonna do law instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Before college I wanted to electronics but I am glad I have choosen computing now.
    im doing law because it seems interesting....then again i have 3 and a half more years until uni

ReputationRep:
    I do enjoy most my course, I just don't like the fact we have no option modules and the fact our sandwich year meeting was basicly "find a place yourself"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    im doing law because it seems interesting....then again i have 3 and a half more years until uni
    i am so interesting

ReputationRep:
    i am so interesting
    ester you shall rule the world! she tells herself

ReputationRep:
    Cause of the way I felt. When I applied for management I felt that I had to do all the Ucas thing, I didn't really put much thought into my chosen degree. I was in my last year in college and I basically thought I would do well in Management, I glimpsed through some university prospectuses and choose Management. I rushed it, and didn't do it right. I only chose three universities too, they where, Manchester, UMIST and Bradford. But when I actually delved into the degree itself, it felt wrong for me, so thats why I am gonna do law instead.
    I got offers from all three Unis. But law is for me. I like to argue and am good at putting an argument across, I never back down, I am also outspoken and extremely confidnet. Law just seems to be the most appealing degree for me. I am not particular bothered about academic side of law either, I know that they will probably be the toughest three years of my life, but the rewards in the future are worth every effort.

ReputationRep:
    ester you shall rule the world! she tells herself
    walks in2 living room to get cheeks pinched by grandparents

i go willingly to my doom

ReputationRep:
    walks in2 living room to get cheeks pinched by grandparents

i go willingly to my doom
    Could be worse.

ReputationRep:
    Could be worse.
    not much my friend, not much

my grandparents are from arkansas

and my grammy is so backward she cant even speak in complete sentences

ReputationRep:
    hello everybody!
    Last year I really thought I wanted to do Law, and I applied to Cambridge, but despite my good grades they didn't take because they said that they felt that Law wasn't for me! I was really pissed off and couldn't believe it at first, but then I just concentrated on my exams and I started to realize that Law was in fact not for me. Now I applied for Social Political Sciences, and this time I am damn sure its right for me! I love reading books about it and discussin about related topics, things I would have never done with Law. Do ask your teachers what they think of you, because often they can appreciate the way you think and which subject woudl suit you. Good Luck everybody.

ReputationRep:
    I still have the odd doubt and I'm DOING my degree course... I've always been torn between languages and sciences. Science was the harder option for me but worth it, I think, because I find it so fascinating and, theoretically at least, I can keep the languages up alongside (haven't done a very good job of that so far though, admittedly!). It's only really when I'm fighting with some really difficult questions that French suddenly seems hugely inviting...

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Comp Sci last year, but changed my mind and I'm doing Physics now. It's hard, but interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadNatSci)
    I still have the odd doubt and I'm DOING my degree course... I've always been torn between languages and sciences. Science was the harder option for me but worth it, I think, because I find it so fascinating and, theoretically at least, I can keep the languages up alongside (haven't done a very good job of that so far though, admittedly!). It's only really when I'm fighting with some really difficult questions that French suddenly seems hugely inviting...

I love languages too, but have applied for a science at cambridge How easy is it to keep up to scratch in languages at cambridge? Are there conversation classes that anyone can turn up to?

languages have always offered me a break from the occasional tedium of science

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for maths, and I'm pretty damn sure that it's the course I really want to be studying!

ReputationRep:
    I've always, always wanted to study English - never really considered studying any other subject as far as I can remember (though I did think about doing a joint degree with psychology for a while when I was choosing my courses). It's something I'm passionate about and really enjoy and now I have three uni offers I guess there's no going back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nylex)
    I applied for Comp Sci last year, but changed my mind and I'm doing Physics now. It's hard, but interesting.
    Same here!

Except I'm doing Physics with Computer Science.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 24, 2003
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.