Turn on thread page Beta

Question about windscreen wiper watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's not necesserily broken, it cleans the windows fine but it makes an annoying squeaking noise. Replacing the blades didn't work and I noticed that the section at the bottom of the wipers is kinda sticking out...

When they're wiping, if I push the blade forwards the squeaking goes away. Has some sort of spring broken? It doesn't seem like it would just snap into place so I figure something must have popped out...

Hope the picture helps.

ReputationRep:
    definately a write off, sorry for your loss

ReputationRep:
    get something to hold it down by sticking it between the wiper and the bonnet ?

ReputationRep:
    Put a sock in it. That will shut it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samrout)
    get something to hold it down by sticking it between the wiper and the bonnet ?
    I can't really imagine any way of doing that, fortunately with a little bit of WD-40 the squeaking seems to have subsided... Eh, I think I'll see how it goes for the moment since they do the job. I'll just need to find a way to fix my radio so I can't hear it! Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lekore)
    I can't really imagine any way of doing that, fortunately with a little bit of WD-40 the squeaking seems to have subsided... Eh, I think I'll see how it goes for the moment since they do the job. I'll just need to find a way to fix my radio so I can't hear it! Lol
    I was thinking maybe like a bouncy ball or something else squidgy in consistency, or maybe some folded up cloth? that should keep it from popping out, but the cloth may catch fire..

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking maybe like a bouncy ball or something else squidgy in consistency, or maybe some folded up cloth? that should keep it from popping out, but the cloth may catch fire..
    really :s the last time i checked rain is water, and water is not egnitable

ReputationRep:
    It's not actually coming out, except that section just doesn't seem to be flush. So yeah for the sake of it not squeaking I won't risk the fire hazard xD

ReputationRep:
    could be the bolt holding the wiper blade on needs tightening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abbotsmike)
    could be the bolt holding the wiper blade on needs tightening.
    Do you know where abouts that is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MR.PINK)
    really :s the last time i checked rain is water, and water is not egnitable
    Yeah but on a dry day when the engine has been running, there would no doubt be a fire risk.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.