Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This exam will take place on the 9th of June 2010 (PM).
    There will be two papers. Part A will be the actual C4 exam. Part B will be a comprehension test.

________________________________ ____________________________

How's everyone finding this so far? I'm finding it okay but a little confusing.

ReputationRep:
    C4 so far has been easy for me >_>

ReputationRep:
    I already know (almost) all of the C4 stuff already due to doing STEP/AEA so I'm not expecting to have trouble with the C4 exam, in most C4 lessons I usually finish the work really early and spend most of it either helping other people or practicing STEP/AEA. Should get a high mark I hope

ReputationRep:
    How is everyone preparing for the comprehension. I haven't actually started my revision but when I do I will do all the normal past papers but I wasn't sure how to deal with the comprehension seeing as the past papers aren't really useful as it could be on any topic requiring any mathematical skills. I thought maybe doing 3 comprehension papers just to get a feel for them also I'm the type of person who can't just do nothing even if doing something isn't terribly useful.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if to bother trying to revise for the comprehension or not, there isn't really anything that can be revised :\. I did a couple of comprehension papers but ended up just rushing them and making a mess.

ReputationRep:
    Awh, last maths exam I will ever sit, tears are coming to my eyes :p: - I really adore maths but ah well.

I did a few comprehension papers today and to my surprise did pretty well in them, got scores like 16/17 etc . I guess there's no point in revising for the comprehension but a bit of practice and knowing the layout of the paper isnt bad. Also make sure that all your basic maths/algebra is in place for it .

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I know that it's possible to get past papers from the MEI resources site, but they don't have any past papers older than Jan 05.
    Does anyone know where I could find older past papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by New Username)
    Hey guys,

I know that it's possible to get past papers from the MEI resources site, but they don't have any past papers older than Jan 05.
    Does anyone know where I could find older past papers?
    There's a link to the "curriculum 2000" papers on the MEI site somewhere (on the page of the current papers I think) - you'd be wanting to look at P2 and P3

ReputationRep:
    I'm hating C4 at the moment, i've done so many papers but just cant grasp so much of it! I need 75% average in s2 and c4 to get an A, and i REALLY need an A if i want to have any chance of getting into even my insurance offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOneCurlyFry)
    I'm hating C4 at the moment, i've done so many papers but just cant grasp so much of it! I need 75% average in s2 and c4 to get an A, and i REALLY need an A if i want to have any chance of getting into even my insurance offer.
    What bits are you having trouble with? If you say which bits I can give a few tips

ReputationRep:
    I absolubtely love C4... it seems to be more managable than C3 IMHO, the only annoying thing is the multitude of trig identities and the annoying inclusion of the trapesium rule, which is just time consuming. I'm sitting this in the morning and then in isolation 'till the afternoon when its FP3!!! Now, that, I am ****ing myself about...

ReputationRep:
    ye the comprehensions are either just hard or "okay" never in between, the one about the soldiers was awesome but the sudoku one was just plain annoying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clad in armour)
    ye the comprehensions are either just hard or "okay" never in between, the one about the soldiers was awesome but the sudoku one was just plain annoying
    I loved the one with the "Additive sequences" - Got like 17/18 Though I hated the waves one.. meh I guess you just have to be lucky on the day :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Im ready for the C4 paper now, I have no idea why or how I've grasped it so quickly. I dont know about the comprehension though, should practise that more.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the Jan 2010 mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig's student cousin)
    does anyone have the Jan 2010 mark scheme?
    See attachment.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Core 4 Jan 10.pdf (452.9 KB, 292 views)

ReputationRep:
    I'm so screwed for this exam, C4 is by far my least favorite chapter. Too much trig/graphical stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apex9)
    See attachment.
    Thanks very much.

I dont suppose you also have M2

And also june 09 for both C4 and M2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig's student cousin)
    Thanks very much.

I dont suppose you also have M2

And also june 09 for both C4 and M2.
    Yes I do.

Do you want them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apex9)
    Yes I do.

Do you want them?
    Yes please, my school has them all on moodle apart from those ones which is not very useful as the others can be gotten off the MEI website.

Thanks again

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.