Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    For the rcos(theta+ alpha)

I reckon the values were: 6.02, 3.89.

Since you're offering, what did you put for the last question?
    I got the same! Hopefully full 7 marks!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

Sorry about my triple post. Internet and website was weird... :\

which do you mean? Question 8 I got something like R = root17 and i forgot what i had as alpa. got 2 values for theta though. But B as answer for paper 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IchiCC)
    I'm pretty sure 10 cm is the correct answer. Because the maximum possible error in the conversion factor is 5x10^-7. When this is multiplied by 100 the absolute error will be 5 cm. Therefore it will always be correct to the nearest 10 cm.
    Yes, but relevant to the context, are you telling me that the distance of the destination, measured in kilometres, is going to be left as 160.0000whatever?

It said in the text; the level of accuracy of the carbon emissions was negligible. Since we're converting the distances in order to find the mass of the carbon released, rounding to the nearest 10 centimetre is hardly going to make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tallon)
    Think I did quite well. Hoping for the A*. I don't want to sound too big headed but if anybody has any questions about the exam quote me and ask and I'll try and remember.
    Do you know how many marks the line on the plane question was worth?
    Cos I was one of the many who didnt do 90 minus it! How many marks would we lose? i only reckon about 1 or 2.

ReputationRep:

yh i got something like that too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IchiCC)
    I'm pretty sure 10 cm is the correct answer. Because the maximum possible error in the conversion factor is 5x10^-7. When this is multiplied by 100 the absolute error will be 5 cm. Therefore it will always be correct to the nearest 10 cm.
    it is

ReputationRep:
    for the last question, i think i got 0.26565, and 2.39435, as i supoose i thought it was cos(0-a) ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    1.646444 * 100 = 164.6444km

164.6444 * 1000 (m) = 164644.4 metres

so 16264440 is cm, so it was rounded to the nearest 10th centimetre
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by fredster2004)
    Do you know how many marks the line on the plane question was worth?
    Cos I was one of the many who didnt do 90 minus it! How many marks would we lose? i only reckon about 1 or 2.

4 I think? Not sure.
    Yeah you'd lose like 1 or 2.

cos(90-theta) = sin(theta) by the way guys. I don't know if they'd care or not though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edmarriner)
    used trail and error for the speed question in comprehension, got the speed value of 100 so will i get full marks doing it this way?
    100 was the right answer but it said in the question "you will get no marks for just using the graph" or something along those lines so probably will lose a few marks

ReputationRep:
    Exam went okay I think, could have been a lot worse!

Completely cocked up question 3 - couldn't do the proof and my graph was like a sideways parabola so not sure if I missed a possible y value somewhere.....

Think I might have made mistakes on question 7, and couldn't find the parameter for B on question 8, yet I could do part iv alright?

Seeing as we're all in the debate on the comprehension question, I put C. It might just be that they'd accept any of them as long as we could justify it....

Grade boundary-wise, hard papers are given around 51/72 for an A, and for other papers it's around 54, so 54+18=72. Around 72/90 for an A I think, hoping for a C on this paper.

Roll on S1 next Friday, the only Maths paper where I know I can get at least a B

ReputationRep:
    OH flipping flipster. I thought it had gone really excellently until I came on here and realised that I have infact got it all wrong. YAY. Good job I have failed... AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bee291)
    I thought it had gone really excellently until I came on here and realised that I have infact got it all wrong. YAY.
    This. I can't believe that my offer hinges on this, as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by el che)
    This. I can't believe that my offer hinges on this, as well
    I'm too retarded to get into university but still it would have been nice to do well!

Does anyone have a copy of the paper? I want to work out my degree of failure...

ReputationRep:
    I feel for both of you, I usually do the same, except this time I think I did ok... ish

ReputationRep:
    I've just realised I may have forgotten to multiply a term by 2 on the binomial question. What did everyone else get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jk.d)
    I've just realised I may have forgotten to multiply a term by 2 on the binomial question. What did everyone else get?
    Something like 2 into (1+x/8 - xsquared/16 ) i THINK but can't remember really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jk.d)
    \sqrt{4 + x} \approx 2 + \frac{x}{4} - \frac{x^2}{64}

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeanT)
    \sqrt{4 + x} \approx 2 + \frac{x}{4} - \frac{x^2}{64}
    Hmm.. I think I put -\frac{x^2}{128}

That should only cost about 1 or 2 marks?

ReputationRep:
    hmm, well after reading this, i havnt done 2 bad. i got A=1 and B=-1 on the partial fractions qu, i put B on the last qu on the comprehension, and 100 and the speed with the least emissions. also got 0 and 62ish for 1 of the qu's, cant remember which. urm... on the graph on qu 3, did any1 get it crossing the axis at 1,-1 and 1/2,-1/2 (cant remember which was y and which was x)? thanks

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.