Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by win2kpro)
    Coordinates were :

(-80,40,140) or (-80,140,40)

Cant remember which way the 140/40 go. - My maths teacher did the paper today and showed us the answers .
    My coordinates looked much more like those! Thank God :o:

Thanks for the reassurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OL1V3R)
    My coordinates looked much more like those! Thank God :o:

Thanks for the reassurance
    Np mate :wink2:

I could bring in the paper + answers if anyone wants me to :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Coordinates were :

Cant remember which way the 140/40 go. - My maths teacher did the paper today and showed us the answers .
    i think it is (-80,140,40) as i remember the z co-ordinate of A was zero and the direction vector multiple was 0.4 and z co-ord of AB was 100

Np mate

I could bring in the paper + answers if anyone wants me to
    and that would be most appreciated

ReputationRep:

That would be fantastic. Thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    Coordinates were :

Did you go through the question in the comprehension which asked you to sketch that graph? I really want to know whether I'd get the 2 marks for this (can't remember all the points and the inequalities).

ReputationRep:

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DO!!!!! :lollypop:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)
    Did you go through the question in the comprehension which asked you to sketch that graph? I really want to know whether I'd get the 2 marks for this (can't remember all the points and the inequalities).

Spoiler:
    Show
    We only went through the question paper tbh, I will ask tomorrow though since its bugging me too! - I did the same to what you did :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    To everyone else - I will get it for tomorrow :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Just me who just did a straight line for that graph question?

ReputationRep:
    To everyone else - I will get it for tomorrow :wink2:
    brilliant :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toby_ling)

Perfect, will definitely get the marks. I think the 2 marks will be 1 for the step function 1 for correct labelling so you will definitely get 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt2k8)
    Perfect, will definitely get the marks. I think the 2 marks will be 1 for the step function 1 for correct labelling so you will definitely get 2
    did they label it for us? I cant remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt2k8)
    It was SKETCH not PLOT, two completely different things

ReputationRep:
    Were we supposed to put numbers on the axis for the step graph. I thought it was just a sketch so I just did roughly even lines, evenly spaced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabster)
    It was SKETCH not PLOT, two completely different things
    I think a sketch in this case (because it's such a deviation from the simple y=x^2 sketches we usually draw in core maths) still needs key data like all the points and values to be there. A plot will have all that but be correctly spaced out (i.e. correct proportions).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Stig's student cousin)
    Were we supposed to put numbers on the axis for the step graph. I thought it was just a sketch so I just did roughly even lines, evenly spaced.
    Not quite sure whether the numbers were absolutely necessary. There were 2 marks available so 1 might have been for that. win2kpro has promised to get a copy of a "teacher mark scheme" tomorrow, so we'll get some more clarification then hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Here is the first paper for you!

personally I think I dropped marks on:
    7(iv) not taking away my answer away from 90 degrees
    The graph on the comprehension, and the last question, i forgot to multiply by 100 so i got mm rather than 10cm

+ I always make many silly errors
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Document (7).pdf (137.5 KB, 238 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparklyblue171)
    Oh I've flopped that graph then...
    What I did was I picked a midpoint for each interval and plotted a point for each, then drew a line... and for the second part I said it had a positive correlation(plus I also said as the annual passengers increase, so do the number of trains,etc.)
    I did the same. Just plotted the mid points

Would we get any marks for that? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tris.m)
    I completely understand where you are coming from mate. I need an A* to get into an imperial so i have to feel like i have made no mistakes at all to get 90% cos i know that i will drop several marks through silly mistakes however well i think i have done. It is worse in C3 i find.

Lucky for me all my answers match up with the general cosensus in this thread so i am pretty confident. My dream of imperial is still alive, just.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tris.m)
    Here is the first paper for you!

personally I think I dropped marks on:
    7(iv) not taking away my answer away from 90 degrees
    The graph on the comprehension, and the last question, i forgot to multiply by 100 so i got mm rather than 10cm

Thanks for uploading that!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.