Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone taking the exam today!
    I just did a comprehension paper I understood, so that was reassuring.
    Hopefully today's paper will be equally understandable...

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna fail :\

ReputationRep:
    Eurgh. 2 hours left before the torture begins. Good luck to everyone taking it

ReputationRep:
    Looong exam. Comp was lovely.

ReputationRep:
    Not as bad as I thought it'd be. How'd everyone else find it?

ReputationRep:
    It was okay, the comp was easy as ****. I think I just got a B, which is what I wanted

ReputationRep:
    Comprehension paper was aiiiiiite. The cartesian equation question on Section A (x=cos2w) (y=sinWcosW) was a bit difficult i thought and i completely forgot the rule to figure em out. Other than that, out of curiousity did anyone have 2 final answers for theta for the last question? Rcos(0 - a)

I had 2 answers but when i checked my larger one (was 6.something) it was out of range (only just) i scribbled it out and put out of range but i dunno if im to regret it now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snake91)
    Comprehension paper was aiiiiiite. The cartesian equation question on Section A (x=cos2w) (y=sinWcosW) was a bit difficult i thought and i completely forgot the rule to figure em out. Other than that, out of curiousity did anyone have 2 final answers for theta for the last question? Rcos(0 - a)

I had 2 answers but when i checked my larger one (was 6.something) it was out of range (only just) i scribbled it out and put out of range but i dunno if im to regret it now
    it should be Rcos(0 + a) so it wont be out of range

ReputationRep:
    comprehension was easyish, but the grade boundaries will just be higher making no difference.

paper a was ok, apart from the last question part 1! where you had to show the ratio was true.

what did people get for the parameter values for A and B???

For B I got 4 pi
    for A i got pi/2 .....

ReputationRep:
    The Rcos(0-a) had 100 and minus something as solutions, so it was 100.

Great exam besides Q3, I didn't do the graph and my method was weird and might not be accepted in the mark scheme, so eh. Comprehension was piss, so pleased with that.

ReputationRep:

I got two values and one of them was only just in range.

ReputationRep:

like 0.98pi and 1.06 pi or something stupid. im not holding out to get those right

ReputationRep:

i got 2 answers, but you had to go into the negative side of the graph to get the second answer i thought. I think i go like 1.16 + 1.33, and then -1.16 + 1.33, and then it was 6.1 + 1.33 which was out of range. Although, i honestly cant remember much lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrison11)

Great exam besides Q3, I didn't do the graph and my method was weird and might not be accepted in the mark scheme, so eh. Comprehension was piss, so pleased with that.
    It was in radians wasn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morrison11)

erm, it wanted it in radians, so it wouldnt have been 100

ReputationRep:
    Overall went very nicely . Got the last bit of the comprehension wrong (had the right idea but screwed it up), but I think I got most of the rest of it right, and I think I got all of the main paper right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlky)
    it should be Rcos(0 + a) so it wont be out of range

Yes you are right it should have been Rcos(0 + a) but i couldve sworn it was still out of range or was it slightly out of range before you negated alpha and fell just inside the range?

ReputationRep:
    I actually didnt like the comprehension :/ The first paper was lovely though, I didnt like the first parametric equations Q though, I skipped it, then went back after and didnt manage to show x^2 =4y^2 = 1 :/ I probably lost a couple marks there.

ReputationRep:
    For the partial fractions question, did A=1 and B=-1? Because I swear I messed something up round there..

ReputationRep:
    What did people write for the last question on the comprehesion???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.