Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A100whoo)
    What did people write for the last question on the comprehesion???
    10cm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenericStudent)
    For the partial fractions question, did A=1 and B=-1? Because I swear I messed something up round there..
    I got them values. i'm sure they are right...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GenericStudent)
    For the partial fractions question, did A=1 and B=-1? Because I swear I messed something up round there..
    thats what i got, in fact, you had to get that to be able to do the second part of the question

ReputationRep:
    I got question 2 on the comp to be 96.1 km/h and 110kg or something, but I know thats wrong. I probably differentiated wrong or something. Reckon I'll get any follow through marks?

Also, for the last comprehension q, I put C as the amount of CO2 generated of a mm or 10cm is minimal, which I also think is wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I thought both parts of the paper went really well

ReputationRep:
    Answer was 10cm, as it goes up to 4dp, which is multiples of 10cm. (I wrote mm cos I made a mistake)

ReputationRep:
    100*1.641444(cant remember exact) = 164.1444 km
    = 16414.44 cm
    = 164144.4 mm therefore a = to nearest mm

eek. looks like i got it wrongggg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I got question 2 on the comp to be 96.1 km/h and 110kg or something, but I know thats wrong. I probably differentiated wrong or something. Reckon I'll get any follow through marks?

Also, for the last comprehension q, I put C as the amount of CO2 generated of a mm or 10cm is minimal, which I also think is wrong.
    Was 100 km/h with 101.10 g or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)

oh crap, it asked for the kg part?!

i got speed to be 100, because 0 = 3x^2 - 200x -10000 = (3x + 100)(x - 100)

ReputationRep:
    how to do question 3
    x=cos2X y=cosXsinX

ReputationRep:
    For the comprehension graph, were you supposed to just draw 5 horizontal lines for the correct boundaries, or a curve/line?

I got 10cm for Q5 in the comprehension, I think I messed up 2 parts of the vector question so unless the markers are kind there goes my A* .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    = 16414.44 cm

1.641444 * 100 = 164.1444
    =164144.4 = metre
    16414440 = cm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tlky)
    how to do question 3
    x=cos2X y=cosXsinX
    I did:
    y = \frac{1}{2}sin2\theta \implies 2y = sin2\theta and then use the cos^2\theta + sin^2\theta = 1 identity.

ReputationRep:
    For Q5 on the comprehension I put to the nearest 10cm because that's as accurate as the number of significant figures can provide.

What did everyone do with the vectors question, where you had to calculate the angle of the pipeline with the vertical? I basically found the dot-product of the pipeline's direction vector with the unit vector in the z-direction and used the formula cosθ = a.b/|a||b| to calculate the angle it made with this unit vector. Would that be a reasonable method?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    = 16414.44 cm

thats exactly what i did!

I think its wrong too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoshC)
    1.641444 * 100 = 164.1444
    =164144.4 = metre
    16414440 = cm
    oh right. woops

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I thought it was an OK exam.

There seems to be differing answers about the last question. Personally, I put C as, if you re-read the section on accuracy in text, it claimed that even 2 significant figures for the carbon dioxide would be accurate enough.

I realise that the question specifyed a distance though; so I simply put that, since the sig figs were negligible for the carbon dioxide, in this case scenario (and especially if you had wanted to convert the distance into carbon d. mass emissions) the sig figs would also be negligible for miles.

Either way, bit of an ambiguous question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OL1V3R)
    For Q5 on the comprehension I put to the nearest 10cm because that's as accurate as the number of significant figures can provide.

What did everyone do with the vectors question, where you had to calculate the angle of the pipeline with the vertical? I basically found the dot-product of the pipeline's direction vector with the unit vector in the z-direction and used the formula cosθ = a.b/|a||b| to calculate the angle it made with this unit vector. Would that be a reasonable method?
    i dunno! that stumped me lol. i think i put:

say AB =

i used that and

or something

ReputationRep:
    thats exactly what i did!

I think its wrong too
    You've forgotten metres there..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OL1V3R)
    That's what I did.

What were you supposed to do for the last part of the vector question? I found the angle between the normal from the plane, and the AB direction vector, but then I left the answer as that angle. Were you supposed to do something else with that answer?

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.