Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anon or delete!

Hi all-

I think I have a kidney infection-had one before so I know how it feels and i'm in lots of pain, vomiting etc... only thing is, should I be seeing a doctor today or is it ok to wait until my GP surgery opens tomorrow? Although I am feeling really rough and can't really get out of bed or anything, i'm obviously not so bad cos I am on TSR! So advice anyone? This happening on a sunday confuses me.... and i'm at uni so I can't get mum to sort it out lol.

Thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Phone NHS direct, theyll be able to tell you if you need to see a doctor today.

Hope it's sorted out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Call NHS Direct : 08454647

They may tell you to go to the hospital

ReputationRep:
    Drink water regularly in the meantime. Not too much though, and make sure you try and eat something too.

ReputationRep:
    If you've had it before and this definitely feels the same, I'd get yourself to your local GP out-of-hours service (your normal GP's website/answerphone should be able to tell you how to get in touch). It sounds pretty nasty, and if I were you I'd like to do a urine test and get the antibiotics on board sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    Call NHS direct
    can you get down to a walk in centre if so call them and see if they can see you if not out of hours doctors.

Drink water and I think Cranberry juice is good for infections. Get a hot water bottle over where the pain is to help relieve the pain.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.