Turn on thread page Beta

Kidney Infection!! watch

Anon or delete!

Hi all-

I think I have a kidney infection-had one before so I know how it feels and i'm in lots of pain, vomiting etc... only thing is, should I be seeing a doctor today or is it ok to wait until my GP surgery opens tomorrow? Although I am feeling really rough and can't really get out of bed or anything, i'm obviously not so bad cos I am on TSR! So advice anyone? This happening on a sunday confuses me.... and i'm at uni so I can't get mum to sort it out lol.

Thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Phone NHS direct, theyll be able to tell you if you need to see a doctor today.

Hope it's sorted out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Call NHS Direct : 08454647

They may tell you to go to the hospital

ReputationRep:
    Drink water regularly in the meantime. Not too much though, and make sure you try and eat something too.

ReputationRep:
    If you've had it before and this definitely feels the same, I'd get yourself to your local GP out-of-hours service (your normal GP's website/answerphone should be able to tell you how to get in touch). It sounds pretty nasty, and if I were you I'd like to do a urine test and get the antibiotics on board sooner rather than later.

ReputationRep:
    Call NHS direct
    can you get down to a walk in centre if so call them and see if they can see you if not out of hours doctors.

Drink water and I think Cranberry juice is good for infections. Get a hot water bottle over where the pain is to help relieve the pain.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.