Turn on thread page Beta

Be my think tank! 1001 ways to annoy couples in public places. watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, Happy Valentine's Day you lonely lonely people!

Alright, I hardly ever pay attention on Valentine's Day, which ended up with me making plans with a guy friend to go watch a movie tonight, the night where tons of couples basically take over like a soppy zombie invasion going for each others tongues. I figure we can make this night a lot more hilarious by pretending to be a loving couple and have a massive fight and generally destroy the vibe.

But really? That isn't that funny and I'd like to troll the couples more than by making them slightly uncomfortable and shift a couple of seats down.

Any ideas to make tonight funny as hell? Props may be used, but since it's tonight and I'm never that arsed to do it, just things me and my friend can do on the fly that will surprise/annoy the couples and give us a couple of laughs.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Go around with *really* good looking women on either side of you.
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Fake. Orgasm.

someone seemed to be having too much fun in the cinema when I saw twilight, was freaking hilarious!

Yeah, I dunno. I find the idea amusing, but I'd have a few drinks to ensure shyness doesn't spoil the mood

ReputationRep:
    if you hold a police warrant card, arrest them for Public Order section 5 offences

ReputationRep:
    I don't get how this is funny.

You're making an arse of yourself because people happen to be out and in love? It's just very year-nine, I think. Why not just enjoy the film?

Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Run up to kissing couples with a pot of vaseline and scream "YOU GET PREGNANT FROM KISSING! USE PROTECTION!"
    Chuck the vaseline at them and run off cackling.

ReputationRep:
    Punch them in the face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    zhïn
    that's a beautiful sound

but your whole post was pure win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Show you friend your vazhïn and say "You will never get this, you will never get it la la la la la la." Make sure that he's behind a cage...then he cries, he cries. Then you go... "You never get this!"...until he breaks cage and he "get this" and then we all laugh. High five! :borat:
    Alright, mental note: Bring cage. And dont wear underwear.

ReputationRep:
    I suggest sitting back and enjoying the film, thus proving that single people can in fact be happy and don't feel the need to ruin other people's relationships to make themselves feel better about the fact that they aren't in one.

(Original post by Amirahaha)
    Hey guys, Happy Valentine's Day you lonely lonely people!

Alright, I hardly ever pay attention on Valentine's Day, which ended up with me making plans with a guy friend to go watch a movie tonight, the night where tons of couples basically take over like a soppy zombie invasion going for each others tongues. I figure we can make this night a lot more hilarious by pretending to be a loving couple and have a massive fight and generally destroy the vibe.

But really? That isn't that funny and I'd like to troll the couples more than by making them slightly uncomfortable and shift a couple of seats down.

Any ideas to make tonight funny as hell? Props may be used, but since it's tonight and I'm never that arsed to do it, just things me and my friend can do on the fly that will surprise/annoy the couples and give us a couple of laughs.
    Sit next to a couple in town, right next to them even if there is a spare bench near to. Whip out a nice cig and blow it right in their face it will piss them off for sure!!

ReputationRep:
    Dudeness, why so srs?

And people always say I'm very mature for my age, so I don't know where you're getting immature vibes from. Sure, they're mustachioed people in rusty vans offering candy, but they're still people too!

ReputationRep:
    Sit at the back and throw popcorn! Or even better, throw something a bit harder like toffee popets
    It's not the nicest thing to see two people snogging the face off one another, they deserve it tbh :p: and its even better when i guy comes up and trys to stick up for himself nd his woman only to make an arse outta himself
    (yes i was blown off on )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holly Hiskey)
    I suggest sitting back and enjoying the film, thus proving that single people can in fact be happy and don't feel the need to ruin other people's relationships to make themselves feel better about the fact that they aren't in one.
    Nice little dig there, hun. I wasn't thinking of being malicious, that's why I don't really want to pitch a fight with my friend and ruin the evening. That's just gay. I'm trying to find ways that makes it funny, but I'm coming up with blank. Valentine's Day just really isnt that funny. Which is a little sad.

I was thinking of being really campy and have ourselves dressed in matching outfits, calling each other babyboo and snugglepoopykins and holding BOTH arms and basically teetering on the edge of the extreme spectrum of the soppy couple.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could do a commentary on the film? Have you seen How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days? The bit where she keeps talking through When Sally Met Harry and the huge bloke punches her bloke!!

Keep asking questions about it? Keep walking in fron of the screen to go to loo? Lots of screaming at not scary bits? Or fake an orgasm?? Good luck! :P

ReputationRep:
    Nice little dig there, hun. I wasn't thinking of being malicious, that's why I don't really want to pitch a fight with my friend and ruin the evening. That's just gay. I'm trying to find ways that makes it funny, but I'm coming up with blank. Valentine's Day just really isnt that funny. Which is a little sad.

I was thinking of being really campy and have ourselves dressed in matching outfits, calling each other babyboo and snugglepoopykins and holding BOTH arms and basically teetering on the edge of the extreme spectrum of the soppy couple.
    Then when its all quite start pretending to cry your eyes out wailing as loud as you can ''I JUST LOVE YOU SO MUCH'':yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm thinking back on it, I want tonight to be fun for the both of us though, not just for us to go around doing showy crap. Hurrmmmmm.....

ReputationRep:

I didn't think you meant it to be malicious... I just don't think that anyone will find it funny, since as you said, Valentine's Day isn't funny. Why don't you just enjoy your evening and enjoy the film and not focus on the couples? You will actually come across as a childish singleton who wants to ruin things for everyone else since you can't get a boyfriend yourself (even if this isn't the case)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afrotortina)
    Maybe you could do a commentary on the film? Have you seen How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days? The bit where she keeps talking through When Sally Met Harry and the huge bloke punches her bloke!!

Keep asking questions about it? Keep walking in fron of the screen to go to loo? Lots of screaming at not scary bits? Or fake an orgasm?? Good luck! :P
    :eek: i thought that movie was a comedy! How is someone getting punched FUNNY?? LoL faking an orgasm would be hilarious if i get kicked out because of it. I can just imagine my friend getting more and more uncomfortable and the scene becoming more awkward as I get louder. And the complaints. "Someone's faking it in the middle row, please can you take care of it they're really loud and they're making the seats bounce."

On that note, maybe I'd play the penis game when walking around.

ReputationRep:
    By growing up and not being a pathetic loser.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.