Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    shoes naaa

ReputationRep:
    lol i've been to a club in trackys and shorts before. N WOT!?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dennisthe3rd)
    shoes naaa
    What, not these (in black) ?

ReputationRep:
    A bit boring, but I guess it's an okay outfit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angela_Beth)
    A bit boring, but I guess it's an okay outfit.
    What do you mean "boring"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)
    What, not these (in black) ?
    yh there decent

ReputationRep:
    because not even chavs wear henleys anymore, thats why

ReputationRep:
    That is what a lot of people have said. What would you recommend me wearing instead of that?
    A white T-shirt possibly?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean "boring"?
    Its boring as hell. Standard. There is nothing eyecatching or interesting about the outfit. Its generic. Its crap if im honest. Yes you could wear it, its not like your going to be turned away, but for gods sake man, if your going to spend that sort of cash there are much much nicer items availible.

The jeans are the only thing about the whole outfit which I could suggest keeping, although a darker pair would be better. If you want CK jeans look here;

http://www.calvinkleinjeans.com/fami...430282.3430296

The shoes can go - I hate them. Seriously chavvy. Buy some decent black "going out" shoes, dont wear trainers. Particually not ******* Lacoste trainers!

The top, yeah, ok but you'll get hot, and there is nothing interesting about it. Bland and boring. If you dont like your arms showing then I guess it has to be a long sleeve top, but there are much better ones than that. A long sleeve Tshirt would be better. Not really sure whats nice and whats not, I wear proper shirts rolled up. It looks smarter and cooler.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Its boring as hell. Standard. There is nothing eyecatching or interesting about the outfit. Its generic. Its crap if im honest. Yes you could wear it, its not like your going to be turned away, but for gods sake man, if your going to spend that sort of cash there are much much nicer items availible.

The jeans are the only thing about the whole outfit which I could suggest keeping, although a darker pair would be better. If you want CK jeans look here;

http://www.calvinkleinjeans.com/fami...430282.3430296

The shoes can go - I hate them. Seriously chavvy. Buy some decent black "going out" shoes, dont wear trainers. Particually not ******* Lacoste trainers!

The top, yeah, ok but you'll get hot, and there is nothing interesting about it. Bland and boring. If you dont like your arms showing then I guess it has to be a long sleeve top, but there are much better ones than that. A long sleeve Tshirt would be better. Not really sure whats nice and whats not, I wear proper shirts rolled up. It looks smarter and cooler.

Ok, thanks

I'm going to go to Bluewater, maybe tomorrow or sometime next week, so I will definitely have a look at some shirts and polo shirts. I'm not going to get those Lacoste ones. Either these Henley ones (in black), or normal/proper shoes - But the only problem I have with that is the lack of grip on the bottom. Can I get nice, going out shoes, with grip, so I don't slip?

Ooh, what if I get a small/tight-ish t-shirt , and wear that under my shirt, either do only a few buttons, or none? If I do that, shall I wear a plain (white) t-shirt, or one with a design. I would prefer plain, but depending on the shirt, I might not even have to do that. The reason for it being small and tight it doesn't make me look to bulky and obvious that I am wearing loads of layers, but if I sweat, the t shirt will take the hit, leaving my shirt clean (so it will be a cheap t shirt).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superfrank)
    Perfect outfit. Seriously polo shirts and rugby shirts and the best sorta thing to wear out... so much better than crappy shirts which are sooo dated! Jeans are the norm, I wouldn't imagine a boy to come in anything else. I know some boys that do the whole 'Jack the Lad' polo shirt/suit trousers combo but it only suits some people.

That Hollister top is sooo nice as well. Just sessiooonnn Jack Wills, Hollister, Abercrombie etc for going out...PERFECT!
    How ******* rah are you?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, what if I get a small/tight-ish t-shirt , and wear that under my shirt, either do only a few buttons, or none? If I do that, shall I wear a plain (white) t-shirt, or one with a design. I would prefer plain, but depending on the shirt, I might not even have to do that. The reason for it being small and tight it doesn't make me look to bulky and obvious that I am wearing loads of layers, but if I sweat, the t shirt will take the hit, leaving my shirt clean (so it will be a cheap t shirt).
    Yeah, GAP do a couple of strech long sleeve Ts, which go down to XS or maybe XXS.. cant remember. They come in white, black and grey and would be perfect under a shirt.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, thanks. I do have dress shoes, but they are a bit scruffy. I can always by new ones , the problem is that they usuall have no grip and I don't want to slip lol.
    I have a pair of barkers, that have a half/half sole. Its got a rubber center for grip, but the edge is leather, so at a glance it looks like full leather sole. You might find other half/half soles around, and decent quality too, barkers are certainly not shoes to laugh at

ReputationRep:
    It's fine. Btw i've always thought long sleeves look better :P

Have a good night.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even sure my dad would wear that.

ReputationRep:
    What should I change it too.

Btw, I prefer these (in black) to the Lacoste's.
    Prefer the new shoes, change it to... http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...angId=-1&top=Y
    something like that.

Its just a nightclub, a huge effort isn't needed. These plainer tops are fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Milly.x)
    Prefer the new shoes, change it to... http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/sto...angId=-1&top=Y
    something like that.

Its just a nightclub, a huge effort isn't needed. These plainer tops are fine.
    People were saying the Hollister top was boring. Those are even worse...

ReputationRep:
    Depends where you go and what day.

Most clubs you wont get in without shoes, and some clubs you wont get in without a collar, on a Saturday night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MalcomNewMoney84)
    this intrigues me. i dont see this look that much really. ive got some smart grey trousers, smart hudson winklepickers, and a pastel yellow ralph lauren polo. do you reckon i should try it out.. tucking my polo in, and wearing a nice belt too? p.s. youre a silly rah

Yeah, definitely! I really like it, it all depends on the person and some people can really pull it off. I like, alot!! It looks really good when you're just in town and stuff... Try itt!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_springs)
    How ******* rah are you?? :eek:
    Lol! My dad is rich, granted, but I live with my Mum & stepdad and they're actually rather poor. I'm on a gap year and work loads and budget my money a LOTTT - I just like those clothing brands. I also shop in all the high street stores and even vintage stores. I think I just love EVERYTHING. So no, not rah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.