Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey..

I bought my M1 book with the CD but somehow my solution bank doesnt work..does anyone know any place where i can downloads the solutions or can anyone send them to me?..
    that would be very helpful seeing as i've got my mocks in a week's time.

Thanks so much in advance !

ReputationRep:
    Old Solution Bank - http://www.mediafire.com/?jmam1jzj5do
    New Solution Bank - http://www.mediafire.com/?t2ojm5mnwmd

ReputationRep:
    Thanks alot for this

ReputationRep:
    How do you open up the ocntent page like, you would for exams?

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Ive been stuck on this question for days! its an edexcel M1 question from chapter 4 mixed exercises. Its question 21 (and 22 is also similar)
    I would be so thankful if anyone could help me answer it - im so stuck, it depresses me.
    The question is:

21) A light inextensible string passes over a smooth peg, and it attached at one end to a particle of mass m kg and at the other end to a ring also of mass m kg. The ring is threaded on a rough vertical wire. The system is in limiting equilibrium with part of the string between the ring and the peg making an angle of 60degrees with the vertical wire.
    Calculate the coefficient of friction between the ring and the wire, giving your answer to three significant figures.

(answer at the back of the book = 0.577)

How do i answer this question? #

Ive tried downloading a solution bank numerous times....but it wont work!! =(
    any help would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    cool thanks..

ReputationRep:
    If you need any solution banks:

http://www.sci2.co.uk/maths.html

My site has them so that you don't need to download them you can view them directly in the browser, for some reason the solution banks only truly work if you use internet explorer (The part of the software which shows you how to find the solutions).

The book can be viewed in any browser however.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

do you have a sketch for this question?

(Original post by kirino1)
    Hi
    Ive been stuck on this question for days! its an edexcel M1 question from chapter 4 mixed exercises. Its question 21 (and 22 is also similar)
    I would be so thankful if anyone could help me answer it - im so stuck, it depresses me.
    The question is:

21) A light inextensible string passes over a smooth peg, and it attached at one end to a particle of mass m kg and at the other end to a ring also of mass m kg. The ring is threaded on a rough vertical wire. The system is in limiting equilibrium with part of the string between the ring and the peg making an angle of 60degrees with the vertical wire.
    Calculate the coefficient of friction between the ring and the wire, giving your answer to three significant figures.

(answer at the back of the book = 0.577)

How do i answer this question? #

Ive tried downloading a solution bank numerous times....but it wont work!! =(
    any help would be much appreciated

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.