Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Another question
    Why are there so many people applying straight from a levels - or doing the foundation course a year early? so say your should be going into year 13 but instead you do a foundation course.. I DONT GET IT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burrface)
    Another question
    Why are there so many people applying straight from a levels - or doing the foundation course a year early? so say your should be going into year 13 but instead you do a foundation course.. I DONT GET IT
    i do hope so, be a bit rubbish if i went all the way down there and they refused to interview me because i couldn't remember what time my interview was

ummmm i dunno about applying so early. I didn't even realise they were doing that. I guess people are just eager to get to uni...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura12)
    i do hope so, be a bit rubbish if i went all the way down there and they refused to interview me because i couldn't remember what time my interview was

ummmm i dunno about applying so early. I didn't even realise they were doing that. I guess people are just eager to get to uni...
    crazy

ReputationRep:
    Hello people! I have an interview for illustration on the 16th April!! I feel so reassured to find other people going through the same as me xD eeek I feel kind of jelly-like!! not long now before it's showtime!!!! xD

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know anyone who sent in a cd and didn't get an interview at falmouth? I've not heard about/come across anyone who didn't...

hey louise! good luck

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know anyone who sent in a cd and didn't get an interview at falmouth? I've not heard about/come across anyone who didn't...
    Yeah there was a lad in my class who applied for the illustration course but didn't get in..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiseMatryoshka)
    Yeah there was a lad in my class who applied for the illustration course but didn't get in..
    was he interviewed or did they reject him on the basis of his cd? I was just wondering if the cd idea had narrowed down the number of applicants at all...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got illustration on the 28th april. See you there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunterdogg)
    Anyone else got illustration on the 28th april. See you there!
    mine is 28th woop woop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Burrface)
    mine is 28th woop woop
    mine too! wahey!
    (not been on here for a few weeks, need to get with the times :P)
    oh by the way "greenhighlighters", I added you on facebook, hope that's ok

edit: meant to quote Hunterdog on that too, I know you're already aware we're on the same day Beth :P (it really has been a while...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateasaurus)
    mine too! wahey!
    Yeah thats fine.. yay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouiseMatryoshka)

OH MY GOSH ITS THE 16TH TODAY! You have to come on here and tell us all what it was like good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kateasaurus)
    mine too! wahey!
    (not been on here for a few weeks, need to get with the times :P)

edit: meant to quote Hunterdog on that too, I know you're already aware we're on the same day Beth :P (it really has been a while...)

It's cool I'm sure I'll see you there. But lets not forge we are rivals now! haha

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard what the interviews are like, I don't know why but its suddenly hit me that I have a really important interview in two days, and am starting to seriously freak out over it.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview on the 15th The project that you have to do will most likely be the same as what I had (though don't take my word for it). They told us to basically 'sell' ourselves to them, to promote ourselves through drawings, showing what makes us unique, etc etc. You can add words/quotes to the drawing or explain on the back of your drawing what your concept is. They told us not to worry about having a final finished piece, that they were looking for ideas and what they call 'lateral' thinking :p: Oooh, and bring your own materials, because they didn't supply anything for us apart from paper (I had to salvage some pencils because I bought nothing with me) You basically work on that whilst other people have interviews, until its your turn to have an interview. You all get split into 3 different groups for the interview and get interviewed by two people. Then you have until 4 pm to finish your project (I finished early then spent the rest of the day on the beach ). You also get to go on a little tour of the campus run by some of the students. I think that's all! If you have any questions you can ask me :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmicbunny)
    I had an interview on the 15th The project that you have to do will most likely be the same as what I had (though don't take my word for it). They told us to basically 'sell' ourselves to them, to promote ourselves through drawings, showing what makes us unique, etc etc. You can add words/quotes to the drawing or explain on the back of your drawing what your concept is. They told us not to worry about having a final finished piece, that they were looking for ideas and what they call 'lateral' thinking :p: Oooh, and bring your own materials, because they didn't supply anything for us apart from paper (I had to salvage some pencils because I bought nothing with me) You basically work on that whilst other people have interviews, until its your turn to have an interview. You all get split into 3 different groups for the interview and get interviewed by two people. Then you have until 4 pm to finish your project (I finished early then spent the rest of the day on the beach ). You also get to go on a little tour of the campus run by some of the students. I think that's all! If you have any questions you can ask me :yep:
    I was there on the 15th tooo! how was your interview? who did you have? have you heard from them?

ReputationRep:
    I was there on the 15th tooo! how was your interview? who did you have? have you heard from them?
    I had two old guys, I don't remember their names for the life of me. They were pretty intimidating thats what I remember! I'm not sure how the interview went really, they asked loads of difficult questions, but its hard to say how it went really. Who did you have? Where were you in the room, maybe I saw you? I was near the back of the room on the right side Haven't heard anything from them yet, I suspect they'll wait till mid May Guess you've heard nothing too ?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drunkenmonkey1)
    Has anyone heard yet?
    Yep.. I got in
    I heard a few days ago, and my interview was last Wednesday, the 21st April.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greenhighlighters)
    Yep.. I got in
    I heard a few days ago, and my interview was last Wednesday, the 21st April.
    Well done! Have you heard of anyone else be offered a place. Or be rejected yet?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.