The Student Room Group

GIRLS: Guys with no confidence

ok, so there's a guy(18, and we'll call him Bob) with not much confidence, and he's a bit hmm... slightly emo o_O , not in the fashion sense... well actually slightly in fashion sense, but nothing thats childishly emo, i mean more mentally...

so, this guy is good looking, like really quite good looking, nice body(even a six pack), tall (6 ft 2-3), blue eyes, and is generally very lucky with how his facial features are shaped(except he'd have some acne scarring, but not too bad.)

so, bob doesnt really have many friends, if any.. however he can still hold convos up for quite some time when people do talk to him, about certain interesting subjects, or gets involved. But bob is shy, insecure, has suffered from quite bad phases of depression(and most of his family is on antidepressants but he refuses to take them), and generally has no confidence. Bob also has pretty bad scarring on both his arms, that clearly resemble self injury.

I have come to understand that guys don't mind their partner to be shy or not have much confidence that much, and fortunately this guy is bisexual, but since he has a desire to have a son at some point in the future, he wants a girl. Bob is also a virgin, which would kind of add to his lack confidence.

Girls... be honest... would you go for a good looking guy with confidence THAT low, such as Bob, or would you even prefer an ugly guy with lots of confidence over someone with that low confidence...

Scroll to see replies

eeeeeeemmooo :tongue:
actually most my family are on antidepressants too o_O

well, half of them anyway
Reply 3
i would go for a good looking guy with confidence THAT low
Obviously your Bob.
I would prefer good looking with low confidence, only because I'm shy too :emo:
Imagine an ugly cocky bastard. I would be wondering what I was doing with him to begin with.
:hugs:
Confidence is a bit of a requirement for me to be honest. How am I supposed to like you if you can't even like yourself?

The last guy I was involved with was quite insecure and I think he relied on relationships to "fix" him or "complete" him or some rubbish and it just really didn't work for me. Frankly I'm happier being single and not having to deal with someone else's issues all the time.
Reply 6
Anonymous

Girls... be honest... would you go for a good looking guy with confidence THAT low, such as Bob, or would you even prefer an ugly guy with lots of confidence over someone with that low confidence...

The thing is most girls would just end up with the guy with confidence as bob hasn't got the balls to put himself out there and pull. So it doesn't really matter whether he is better looking or not.

The good news for bob is, confidence is not down to genetics, so it can be attained.
ugly guy with Confidence so sexy
well regardless of which girls he gets/which girls are attracted to him, Bob can still be sure he's better naturally with his attractive appearance.
I'd rather be very good looking on my own than a complete uggo with a girl far better than me.
Reply 9
Hello, Bob
Kinsula
Hello, Bob

busted!
Reply 11
Anonymous
Confidence is a bit of a requirement for me to be honest. How am I supposed to like you if you can't even like yourself?

The last guy I was involved with was quite insecure and I think he relied on relationships to "fix" him or "complete" him or some rubbish and it just really didn't work for me. Frankly I'm happier being single and not having to deal with someone else's issues all the time.

oohhh noooo, i wouldn't be like that, i would love a girl friend that i can be there for, but like when i get into a relationship, i get attached quite easily, this was quite a problem with my ex(over a year a go, not got into relationship since), because she didnt get attached very easily at all, she said the reason was because of her ex (who was a chav...) cheated on her... but what the **** else would you expect from a chav anyway.

infact i've always wanted a girl friend who is shy or has low confidence herself too, so that we would both want to be with each other all the time, rather than just me wanting to be with *whoever* all the time, and *whoever* getting bored of me, and wanting freedom from me... I will admit i am very posessive when it comes to relationships, which is why I need to find someone else who is possessive
anon4042
oohhh noooo, i wouldn't be like that, i would love a girl friend that i can be there for, but like when i get into a relationship, i get attached quite easily, this was quite a problem with my ex(over a year a go, not got into relationship since), because she didnt get attached very easily at all, she said the reason was because of her ex (who was a chav...) cheated on her... but what the **** else would you expect from a chav anyway.

infact i've always wanted a girl friend who is shy or has low confidence herself too, so that we would both want to be with each other all the time, rather than just me wanting to be with *whoever* all the time, and *whoever* getting bored of me, and wanting freedom from me... I will admit i am very posessive when it comes to relationships, which is why I need to find someone else who is possessive

Haha, sounds like we would be a terrible match then. Spending all my time with someone and having no freedom from them sounds awful to me.
Anonymous
Haha, sounds like we would be a terrible match then. Spending all my time with someone and having no freedom from them sounds awful to me.

yeah thats what marriage is for :s-smilie:
Reply 14
Bob by a mile please, I think I could make him feel better. Although I wont be having his children as I never, ever plan to have any. I have a slight dislike of children:p:.
I like a guy to be confident but not cocky...
Reply 16
Anonymous
(even a six pack)

Wow! Girls love this!... :sigh:

Note: Girls find broader shoulders more attractive than a six pack. Jus' sayin'.
Anonymous
ok, so there's a guy(18, and we'll call him Bob) with not much confidence, and he's a bit hmm... slightly emo o_O , not in the fashion sense... well actually slightly in fashion sense, but nothing thats childishly emo, i mean more mentally...

so, this guy is good looking, like really quite good looking, nice body(even a six pack), tall (6 ft 2-3), blue eyes, and is generally very lucky with how his facial features are shaped(except he'd have some acne scarring, but not too bad.)

so, bob doesnt really have many friends, if any.. however he can still hold convos up for quite some time when people do talk to him, about certain interesting subjects, or gets involved. But bob is shy, insecure, has suffered from quite bad phases of depression(and most of his family is on antidepressants but he refuses to take them), and generally has no confidence. Bob also has pretty bad scarring on both his arms, that clearly resemble self injury.

I have come to understand that guys don't mind their partner to be shy or not have much confidence that much, and fortunately this guy is bisexual, but since he has a desire to have a son at some point in the future, he wants a girl. Bob is also a virgin, which would kind of add to his lack confidence.

To be brutal no.

I have enough problems of my own than to take on someone who has even more problems than me, especially as they won't even take the medication they need. Sounds like a hopeless case but I don't believe for a second that some sad, desperate girl wouldn't have him if he is fit!
Reply 18
You need some shoulders son. hehehehehe
the emo part kinda put me off him more tbh :pierre:

Latest

Trending

Trending