Turn on thread page Beta

How reasonable and hard is it to lose 1-6 stone in 5 months? watch

ReputationRep:
    But the quicker the better.

I am aiming for at least 1 stone a month but hoping for 1.5 stone since I am currently like 5 stone overweight but want to lose a bit more than the borderling thin and overweight and bound to put on the odd pound here and there.

I currently only go to the gym once a week, keep intending to go more but after a day at uni and a 40 minute walk home want to relax for a bit or have a friend ring me up.

I dont eat good nor bad, I admit my diet is mainly junk but not too extremes, I eat take aways once or twice a week, mainly at weekends and comprises of a chinese curry and rice or a cheeseburger or a 10" pizza, rest of the week live off ready meals and dont pig out.

I think my sleeping pattern is one of my main barriers since when I had a fantastic sleep pattern I was thin, then got a job working late shifts and walking 45 minutes home so started gaining weight, then when I left it dropped off again then went through depression for about a year and gained 2 stone, then had about 3 months of feeling ok and started losing weight and this is a common thread, and current one is 2 weeks ago stayed up all night to reset sleeping pattern and lost a stone within a week and have been eating about the same but spread out and only put on about 4 pounds and keep losing a pound or two here and there.

So how easy is it to lose at least 3 stone(to make me 2 stone overweight but skinnyish just with some moobs) or 5 stone in 5 months or even better 6-7 stone?

ReputationRep:
    Just so you know...

There is a MASSIVE difference between losing one stone and losing 6 stones.

:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Just so you know...

Duh lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Just so you know...

About 5 stone, I'd say.

OP: Two pounds a week is a stone every 7 weeks, which is 3 stone in 5 months. That's a reasonable, healthy goal for someone who's quite overweight.

I'd say set yourself milestones each month, rather than each week. You want to lose 2 pounds per week, but that's the kind of difference you'll see just by doing a poo, so monthly goals make more sense since you won't fluctuate by 8lbs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    Duh lol
    If you stick at it, you can do it.

It will progressively get harder.

Concentrate on smaller parts, me thinks.

Take it week by week.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    If you stick at it, you can do it.

It will progressively get harder.

Concentrate on smaller parts, me thinks.

Take it week by week.

Good luck.

Cheers, any actual advice on a good workout or regime? I havent yet got the confidence to go to the gym each day due to body image since everytime I go in I see the same few people on the weights who are doing sports courses and think they are gods gift and make it hard for anyone else to use the weights or machines.

I used to go the gym more when I was thin! with me though I used to lose more weight when I was thin than now I am fat, maybe down to age as before I could easily lose 2 stone in about 2-3 weeks doing nothing but cutting down what I eat i.e id gain the 2 stone by having a lazy fortnight of take aways then I would have 2 weeks of eating none or 1 a week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MittenKrust)
    Cheers, any actual advice on a good workout or regime? I havent yet got the confidence to go to the gym each day due to body image since everytime I go in I see the same few people on the weights who are doing sports courses and think they are gods gift and make it hard for anyone else to use the weights or machines.

I used to go the gym more when I was thin! with me though I used to lose more weight when I was thin than now I am fat, maybe down to age as before I could easily lose 2 stone in about 2-3 weeks doing nothing but cutting down what I eat i.e id gain the 2 stone by having a lazy fortnight of take aways then I would have 2 weeks of eating none or 1 a week.
    In terms of weight loss all I can say is good healthy balanced diet and plenty of cardio/aerobic exercise, coupled with DEDICATION and you will see results.

Good luck.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.