Turn on thread page Beta

My bf and the other girl! watch

Before my bf was going out with me he was seeing this other girl, he said he never slept or kissed her which i believe. He then got with me, but after 6 months i found out he was texting and msn flirting with her. While i was at college she text 'needing help with her car' and he agreed to go and meet her, even though he promised he wouldnt (im not sure if he actually went, he said he didnt). Anyway this caused lots of problems, so i asked him to delete her from msn ect; but she now keeps trying to add him. she wont go away and he wont say anything to her. And now shes tried adding him on valentines day! the thing is when we agree he runs to her and emails her again. Dont know what to do shes caused big problems and i dont want them to start again, though when i ask him to email her and tell her hes not going to accept the request he gets moody. Anyone been in the sam position? anon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Before my bf was going out with me he was seeing this other girl, he said he never slept or kissed her which i believe. He then got with me, but after 6 months i found out he was texting and msn flirting with her. While i was at college she text 'needing help with her car' and he agreed to go and meet her, even though he promised he wouldnt (im not sure if he actually went, he said he didnt). Anyway this caused lots of problems, so i asked him to delete her from msn ect; but she now keeps trying to add him. she wont go away and he wont say anything to her. And now shes tried adding him on valentines day! the thing is when we agree he runs to her and emails her again. Dont know what to do shes caused big problems and i dont want them to start again, though when i ask him to email her and tell her hes not going to accept the request he gets moody. Anyone been in the sam position? anon x
    This is exactly what happened to me, but it was my gf with another guy; they went too far. If he gets moody when you try and tell him something, why be with him in the first place? Surely your bf should listen to what you have to say? Is your relationship strong? If not, then you should really reconsider if you want to be with him.

Just flirting and texting another girl does not necessarily mean that he is cheating on you, as he can talk to other girls, if he wishes.

ReputationRep:
    Banning someone from talking to someone is out of order and likely to push people further apart rather than improve relations, No one likes living under a dictatorship. You've made your feelings known and he will no doubt know the consequences if he did do something wrong so just trust till you get evidence saying otherwise.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Dont become one of those gf's that restrict where a guy can be or who he talks to. its obvious you dont trust him, so sort out your trust issues first because next time you'll just be telling him exactly what to do, where to be who to talk to.

ReputationRep:
    You can't restrict who he speaks to. That's not part of a healthy relationship and trust me it will eventually either drive him away and make him do exactly what you don't want him to do or make him resent you. However, I don't think you're being unreasonable for being a little bit jealous as she seems quite persistent. You'd be better off asking (not telling) him that next time they speak on msn etc to just make it clear to her that he's happy to chat but that he's with you and nothings going to happen with her..otherwise she may think he's encouraging the flirting.

ReputationRep:
    Just get rid of him, then he has all the time in the world to talk to this other girl

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.