Turn on thread page Beta

Israel Accused Of Harvesting Organs In Haiti watch

ReputationRep:
    that is only for kidneys though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    I didn't say she was sincere, it's why I didn't dispute it when you said it. I said it was good that she did. I didn't say anything about her sincerity. I agree with you: I doubt she is sincere with this apology. What I am, disputing is that everytime something is said against Israel, it is customary to apologise. But, good call at evading the debate again.
    It is customary to apologize, especially when it comes from a politician of her stature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiterallyInsane)
    It might not have anything to do with Haiti doesnt
    change the fact that Israel are exploiting UN human rights. Let me guess I am anti-semitic since I posted something which is against zionism? LMAO ..
    oh no im not going to accuse you of being anti-semitic. im simply pointing out that thinking israel is harvesting organs from haiti is foolish (despite their 'track record')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    that is only for kidneys though
    That seems to be an organ of interest to Israel

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...rvested-organs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    That seems to be an organ of interest to Israel

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009...rvested-organs
    kidneys werent even mentioned. you really are grasping at straws.

ReputationRep:
    It is customary to apologize, especially when it comes from a politician of her stature
    HRW, Amnesty International, Oxfam, Red Cross, UNHRC, UNGA, UNSC, The Guardian, The Independent, Avi Shlaim, Norman Finkelstein, Noam Chomsky, Edward Said Breaking the Silence, B'Tselem, The Goldstone Report, PressTV.. I could go on and on.

Your statement was a general one about how "anytime anyone" someone says something against Israel. That makes you out of touch with the NGOs, British press, numerous academics and various other news-outlets. Despite no apology from all these places (and more), you believe it to be "customary" to apologise anytime anything is said against Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    kidneys werent even mentioned. you really are grasping at straws.
    http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1102799.html
    http://www.ynet.co.il/english/articl...800771,00.html
    http://www.uruknet.info/?p=56577

not really.....

ReputationRep:
    god, this world just gets more and more fail.

ReputationRep:
    Anti-semitism and criticism of Israel, contrary to popular belief, are not the same thing.

I have jewish heritage, I consider myself of the same race, that doesn't stop me from thinking some of Israel's actions are evil.

Not that I'm saying these allegations are true, but if there's reason to believe they are there should certainly be an investigation.

ReputationRep:
    none of those actually have anything to do with the israeli state of idf, theyre civilians, one is being put on trial in israel (funny they would do that if they were harvesting organs, eh?) and the other seems to be a US citizen who was doing it of his own accord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Folderol)
    HRW, Amnesty International, Oxfam, Red Cross, UNHRC, UNGA, UNSC, The Guardian, The Independent, Avi Shlaim, Norman Finkelstein, Noam Chomsky, Edward Said Breaking the Silence, B'Tselem, The Goldstone Report, PressTV.. I could go on and on.
    Why is this relevant?

Your statement was a general one about how "anytime anyone" someone says something against Israel. That makes you out of touch with the NGOs, British press, numerous academics and various other news-outlets. Despite no apology from all these places (and more), you believe it to be "customary" to apologise anytime anything is said against Israel.
    It is customary to apologize as did Jimmy Carter as did Deputy Minister Fatima Hajaig of South Africa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    none of those actually have anything to do with the israeli state of idf, theyre civilians, one is being put on trial in israel (funny they would do that if they were harvesting organs, eh?) and the other seems to be a US citizen who was doing it of his own accord.
    Well surprise surprise, genius, where are all these organs going?

try again

ReputationRep:
    Well surprise surprise, genius, where are all these organs going?

try again
    private buyers, lol. the israeli state does not profit in this, you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom//)
    private buyers, lol. the israeli state does not profit in this, you know?
    Private buyers where "lol"

ReputationRep:
    Why is this relevant?

It is customary to apologize as did Jimmy Carter as did Deputy Minister Fatima Hajaig of South Africa.
    Yes, but you didnt specify that it was just politicians. You made a general statement. Even when I called you up on it, you said "It is customary to apologize, especially when it comes from a politician of her stature" - i.e. more so with politicians but still as a general maxim.

It's relevant because all those institutions/people say things against Israel and they don't apologise. Yet, you think its 'customary' to apologise "anytime anything" is said against Israel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E_D_B)
    Um, no I'm not. I'm trying to claim that a lie which - (a) demonises the Jewish state, (b) bears a striking resemblance to the blood libel and (c) emanates from an author who invited American Holocaust denier Jeff Rense to a recent conference and from a "news" paper whose recent stories include one which claimed the failed Detroit bombing was a "mossad trick" - probably is.

You and many others seem convinced that accusations of anti-semitism as used by those who wish to protect themselves from criticism. I'm rather more convinced that it's your lot who wish to discredit the arguments of others with accusations of accusations of anti-semitism, as it were.

In conclusion, you're an idiot.
    Good post, this organ story is pathetic nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    This article is retarded. Why invent a lie when you true cases of abuses by Israel?
    How do you know it's a lie if they did don't do an investigation given what they did to the Palestinians was under government orders? The situation in Haiti is extremely fertile ground for this to occur

ReputationRep:
    Errr in Israel perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    well one in the US, one in israel. just because citizens choose to do this illegally it does not mean its the states fault. or are you going to try to argue it is? israel as a state does not profit from those news links, a couple of greedy, manipulative men do.

ReputationRep:

I assume their prime minister is lying to ..
    oh hold on is he being anti simitic too?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.