Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is government doing anything to stop BNP? watch

ReputationRep:
    After watching one of the channel 4 documentaries about BNP, I was utterly disgusted by their policies. Is it possible that today in a modern world such far right parties still exist. Is government doing anything to stop them. Their attitude with homosexuals, morality, immigrants, really makes me desperate, as recently they gained like a million votes. Will some stop them? They are violating human rights.

ReputationRep:
    Having an opinion that differs to yours isn't a violation of Human Rights; its one of the most fundamental Human Rights of all. This is true no matter how stupid, ignorant and offensive that opinion happens to be.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, not only do they need to get rid of the BNP, but also the UAF and EDL as well.

ReputationRep:
    How are the BNP violating human rights?

Taking away their right to have their own political party would be a greater breach of human rights than them talking all the **** that they do.

All you 'free speech for everyone so long as they they conform to what I believe is right' people should **** off, the BNP are idiots, yes, you're close behind.

ReputationRep:
    I think its wrong to allow a political party to run for elections in a 'democracy'. They should be stopped and outlawed by the current government.
    /sarcasm

Honestly, theyll never get too many votes so whats the big deal?

ReputationRep:
    I am not a big fan of banning them just because you don't agree with them. People in this country should be free to vote for them if they wish.

ReputationRep:
    No point, theyll peak at a percentage of votes and stay there. There not going to get in power so let the baby have its bottle.
    And I saw that program aswell, but its not like theyll get many young people to follow, we are a more tolerant generation and generly against racism and homophobia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquarian)
    After watching one of the channel 4 documentaries about BNP, I was utterly disgusted by their policies. Is it possible that today in a modern world such far right parties still exist. Is government doing anything to stop them. Their attitude with homosexuals, morality, immigrants, really makes me desperate, as recently they gained like a million votes. Will some stop them? They are violating human rights.
    no the government is not not anything - because shock horror we are a democratic not facist country.

It really strikes me the idiocy of people saying the BNP should be banned - they would denouce something facism/racism/nazism/furbieism/anitemoticonism by using the very tactics they decry people like the BNP use.

We are a democratic country which means legitimate parties like the BNP (and whether you approve or not they ARE a legitimate party) have the right to have thier say and people have the right to vote for them.

If you dont like the BNP then dont vote for them

ReputationRep:
    They banned islam4uk which was pretty extreme in regards to democracy

ReputationRep:
    I don't see how a government can attempt to "stop" another party from getting votes in a democracy. Although you could quite easily respond by telling me the UK isn't a democracy, and you'd be right.

ReputationRep:
    They should just say you have to vote for parties with more than 3 letters.

Don't worry green, we'll still blaze, yo.

:gangster:

The BNP ascendancy is the biggest wakeup call to the government since the 7/11 bombings.

But they'll do **** all.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't care. This is the thousandth thread about the BNP. I won't be voting for them, and you don't have to either.

So shut up.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by
    Stop them
    ?
    Do you mean to stamp them out, not let them speak, deny them their democratic right?
    WHY do you want them 'stopped'? Because you disagree with them? If so.... simple- just dont vote for them!

What human right are they violating exactly?

I'm thinking you could be a fascist and a hypocrite!
    But, becuase I LOVE freedom of speech- Im gonna let you carry on saying what you have to say

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    No point, theyll peak at a percentage of votes and stay there. There not going to get in power so let the baby have its bottle.
    And I saw that program aswell, but its not like theyll get many young people to follow, we are a more tolerant generation and generly against racism and homophobia.
    This can't be said for the entire population of young voters, you can assume there is a proportion who aren't as educated in the policies of the BNP and may vote for them on the basis of the "Getting rid of immigrants" ideas they have associated themselves with.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, we saw in the past that people with far right ideas successfully gained positions of dictators eg Hitler. I am concerned as I never such a brutal attitude toward gays, immigrants and life in general. With no law to prevent them, we are all vulnerable.

ReputationRep:
    You try and ban them, and there'll be a resistance for their freedom, only granting them more free publicity and painting them as 'the victim'.

Leave them be, and if you want to do something constructive, join the Hope Not Hate campaign and join a mainstream party. (I'm a Liberal Democrat myself lol)

ReputationRep:
    "ban them" hahahaha :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    The BNP ascendancy is the biggest wakeup call to the government since the 7/11 bombings.

But they'll do **** all.
    I agree, Britain clearly needs a more sensible migrationary policy and to stop bending over for anyone with a brown face however repungent or silly their ideas are, and I say this as a mixed race person.

The fact that such an utterly vile, stupid, badly run and laughable party like the BNP, led by an ugly, sweaty and comical figure like Griffin actually gets one million votes signals something is wrong with the UK and people are angry about what has happened in the last 17 years......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)

But they'll do **** all.
    What would you suggest we do Mr. Lefty?

I mean...if we live in a democracy, what can we do but stand by and watch :/

E.G. Hamas being elected?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.