Turn on thread page Beta

Is government doing anything to stop BNP? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well a few years back the Government toyed with the idea of not being so ****, the idea being that people then wouldn't turn in desperation to a joke party. However in the end they decided it would be too much effort, and instead went for the courageous but ultimately counter-productive tactic of becoming twice as **** as before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquarian)
    Hmm, we saw in the past that people with far right ideas successfully gained positions of dictators eg Hitler. I am concerned as I never such a brutal attitude toward gays, immigrants and life in general. With no law to prevent them, we are all vulnerable.
    I wouldn't say their policies towards homosexuality is particularly "brutal"...more stupid and bigoted. It is certainally much less "brutal" than Islam or the more literal interpretaions of Christinaity say.

And please don't compare them to Hitler, the comparison is stupid.

And what stupid, anti-free speech law do you propose we pass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomtomtom910)
    This can't be said for the entire population of young voters, you can assume there is a proportion who aren't as educated in the policies of the BNP and may vote for them on the basis of the "Getting rid of immigrants" ideas they have associated themselves with.
    I think we can agree that todays youth are more intergrated with other races and ofcourse the "rap culture" promoting "black attitude" will prevent a large number of ignorant people from voting.
    The BNPattract people with little focus in thier lives, it gives hem something to aim your, to be part of something. This is usaly associated with chavs, and like I said, I belive the "Black rap culture" entises the chavs to not vote BNP

(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    What would you suggest we do Mr. Lefty?

I mean...if we live in a democracy, what can we do but stand by and watch :/

E.G. Hamas being elected?
    Tackle the root causes?

Like that'll ever happen in pussy Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by An English Rose)
    The BNP are our only hope at the end of the day. I hate going into my home city and it being like a game of dominoes (one white in a sea of poo/brown).
    If poo is involved in any way, you are playing dominoes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    UAF, Searchlight :curious:

(Original post by Moe Lester)
    I agree, Britain clearly needs a more sensible migrationary policy and to stop bending over for anyone with a brown face however repungent or silly their ideas are, and I say this as a mixed race person.

The fact that such an utterly vile, stupid, badly run and laughable party like the BNP, led by an ugly, sweaty and comical figure like Griffin actually gets one million votes signals something is wrong with the UK and people are angry about what has happened in the last 17 years......
    I say the first statement as a first generation all brown immigrant .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    Tackle the root causes?

Like that'll ever happen in pussy Britain.
    What in your opinion are the 'root causes'?

ReputationRep:
    *Looks at flag*

Value of your opinion < less than used toilet paper
    :lol: Oh noes, the Jamaican flag...what is Britian coming to!

I might change it to Ireland soon..is that okay with you diddums?

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree with them or like them at all, but I agree with their existence.

I don't think the government should do anything about them - I doubt they want to, either, since the BNP make them look much more appealing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joy Division)
    UAF, :curious:
    Oh don't get involved with the communist rent-a-mob.

ReputationRep:
    The BNP will never be in power so chilllllllax OP

ReputationRep:
    I say the first statement as a first generation all brown immigrant .
    Yeah :beer: I would say it would be a fairly obvious thing to do.

(Original post by jumpingjesusholycow)
    What in your opinion are the 'root causes'?
    An inequitable economic policy.
    A far too lax migration policy.
    Islam / 'faith'.

ReputationRep:
    We live in a democratic nation. It would be equally abhorrent if the BNP were banned/proscribed..

ReputationRep:
    That would be typical of this undemocratic government. Merging party campaigning with state. I won't be surprised if public sector workers are told to vote labour and labour election posters are put up in hospitals. Saying that a peaceful political party is anti-democratic and wrong, then outlawing it, is a complete abuse of power.

Fair enough, institutional politicisation hasn't been anything new since the Thatcher years, but it's become worse and worse. An organisation called Common Purpose is one factor to blame - it closely cooperates with labour aims and indoctrinates public sector management in particular into sharing the aims and ideology of New Labour, under the guise of "diversity training". This will not change if the conservatives are elected. They'll have to gut the public sector of people who remain ideologically loyal to the old government.

ReputationRep:
    is what government? the government which will be out of power by may? Whats the point of stopping the BNP anyway, its funny seeing them try to be less racist..

ReputationRep:
    If the BNP was banned it would become more popular so it would be a bad move.

While I entirely disagree with the BNP, and quite frankly loathe them, we do live in a democracy. If you banned every party you disagreed with then it wouldn't be a democracy anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't blame you for wanting to change it to the flag of a more civilised race, but at the end of the day you'll always be black, so what would be the point?
    :rofl: Please keep these coming, they are genuinely amusing comments.

The Irish civilised :lol: anyway I am 1/4 Irish so stfu hater

ReputationRep:
    An inequitable economic policy.
    A far too lax migration policy.
    Islam / 'faith'.
    What are they supposed to do? Ban Islam?

I agree, that for many years the migration policy has been far too vague and overall useless. But they've recently implimented the australian point based system. Obviously it's too little too late, but I think they've got the jist of things now (things can still be improved obviously).

and You're spot on about inequitable economic policy. Tax system needs to be reformed. Now.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.