Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    There is nothing like multiculturalism. It's a euphemism for ghettoes. When people from other cultures mis with a native culture, both evolve and adapt to be mutually agreeable. Labour's 'multiculturalism' is idiotic and repulsive.

Faith schools, indoctrinating people in their parents faith without any measure of personal consent from day one, are as unliberal as you can go mate.

There's nothing wrong with Muslims, per se. There are many things wrong with Islam, and letting Muslims congregate together and act as they did in their home countries instead of becoming more liberal, informed and westernized lets them become 'true' Muslims; misogynistic, sexist, homophobic violent individuals.

Doubt me? Check out the attitudes of French Muslims which've been forced to liberalise versus British and German ones who haven't:

The Pew page seems to be down; will link you to a Guardian article that talks about it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jun/23/uk.religion
    As a Muslim I agree with you to an extent. I think we should be like the Americans. Their government acts on every single intelligence information they get. This government lets extremist roam the streets e.g. after channel 4 showed the mosque preaching hatred, they came back next year and guess what... nothings changed! If the government cracks down on extremist than I believe the people of Britain will start to have a higher opinion of Muslims like the US does. The fact that nearly most Britons are wary of a mosque being built near them (1) and the more Americans that learn about Islam are find it peaceful (2) doesn't make sense.

(1) - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...udy-finds.html
    (2) - http://www.usatoday.com/news/religio...-09-09-muslim-
    american_N.htm

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of speech i guess. Although a lot of the BNP can't speak properly, so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquarian)
    After watching one of the channel 4 documentaries about BNP, I was utterly disgusted by their policies. Is it possible that today in a modern world such far right parties still exist. Is government doing anything to stop them. Their attitude with homosexuals, morality, immigrants, really makes me desperate, as recently they gained like a million votes. Will some stop them? They are violating human rights.
    No, long as the BNP are not a treat to white people. Its called freedom of speech!

ReputationRep:
    What can they do? We live in a democracy and have to suffer the limitations of that, but Democracy is also good its not the government that can do anything, its the people. But were all so blinded and feared by the media we seem to want to vote in a harmful party. Shame on us.

Although its a bit extreme ... but anybody see a bit of history repeating itself such as with Nazi Germany? :p: A failed war and a recession so to speak and the public votes in an extreme party :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lefty Leo)
    There is nothing like multiculturalism. It's a euphemism for ghettoes. When people from other cultures mis with a native culture, both evolve and adapt to be mutually agreeable. Labour's 'multiculturalism' is idiotic and repulsive.

Faith schools, indoctrinating people in their parents faith without any measure of personal consent from day one, are as unliberal as you can go mate.

There's nothing wrong with Muslims, per se. There are many things wrong with Islam, and letting Muslims congregate together and act as they did in their home countries instead of becoming more liberal, informed and westernized lets them become 'true' Muslims; misogynistic, sexist, homophobic violent individuals.

Doubt me? Check out the attitudes of French Muslims which've been forced to liberalise versus British and German ones who haven't:

The Pew page seems to be down; will link you to a Guardian article that talks about it.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006/jun/23/uk.religion

*Sigh*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    It's a conspiracy of Scots :sadnod:
    Conspiracy of Mel Gibson...

but in all seriousness I would love to see Peter Mandleson try and attack Scottish faith schools in the same way he has attacked English ones...he'd be out of downing street quicker then you can say
    "Tony Blair PM 4eva"

ReputationRep:
    The BNP should not be banned. Not only is that against free speech, but it's implying that the voting public are too stupid to vote sensibly. The real reason why the BNP is a threat is the complete lack of inspiration in mainstream politics; this, along with the economic downturn, is causing white british people to feel ignored and thus inclined to vote BNP. To tackle the BNP we need to take them head-on and fight their policies with better ones from the mainstream sector.

ReputationRep:
    Technically we live in a democracy, that means that people can have the opinions that they want to have and express them in political parties, taking that away from them defeats the WHOLE POINT OF DEMOCRACY

ReputationRep:
    They'll only start doing something when the BNP vote is stronger than the immigrant vote, which it won't be for quite a while.

ReputationRep:
    Banning them would be hypocritical and would be counter-productive for reasons I am sure have been already stated.

ReputationRep:
    No, of course the government isn't doing anything to stop them. They're a political party and have the right to be elected and promote policies, just like any other party, no matter how gruesome they are.

I think it would be illegal if the labour goverment plotted against them :rolleyes: All they can do is gain more public votes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just re-iterating much of what has already been said. You can't stop/ban a legitimate party. To be honest, the BNP will never gain enough power to be much more than a protesting voice/party in parliament anyway. They just won't gain the votes.

I know the BNP are frowned upon by a lot of people, and supported by many others simply for the "No more immigrants" policy and stance, and many of their policies are questionable but some of them - like those relating to immigration - do have a place in parliament.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.