Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I still love him more than anything and it's tearing me up inside watch

I was in a long distance relationship. We loved each other alot and tried very hard, speaking to each other hours everyday on cam and stuff.....but then a month ago he tells me he doesn't think we'd ever be allowed at actually be together in the future because his parents might not agree to it due religious/cultural/race reasons. He said he doesn't want to hurt me and wants me to have a good life.....so he had to let me go.

I have been devastated. I have done things I would never do, flirt with guys I never would have in a million years, been reckless....etc. It makes me feel better when even sleazy men say I'm sexy. But I can't imagine actually feeling the same way about any of these guys.

But however much attention I get, I still love him and can't forget about him. We talk from time to time about vague stuff. He seemed to be upset for a week but fine now. I can't help but look at his facebook......he seems to have alot of new friends that are girls that he never told me about......I asked him whether they were the reason he broke up with me and he said no. But now he keeps saying things to me like "guess what......I have a new gf".....haha only kidding". He doesn't seem to understand that even joking hurts me.
    I wonder whether he ever loved me

He said his family are coming to UK soon but hes not coming cause it would "hurt too much"

It sounds pathetic, but I can't imagine myself loving anyone the same way. I feel like part of me has gone.

I need advice.....I have tried friends but they don't understand. How do forget about this, or should I just realise I can't stop loving him?

He's acting very insensitively towards you right now...which to me says that he enjoys the attention you give him AND he is nowhere near as bothered by the break up as you are. I suggest two things. First, you need to try and move on. Second, after you move on, if you're still miffed at him rub in how awesome life is without him (subtly of course). The guy deserves to be knocked down a peg.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.